BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Thanks for the per-Kerbal head textures. I've not had a chance to look at your code for that yet, but how difficult do you think it would be to extend the face functionality to include Suits/Helmets as well? Would it be just a couple lines added in the same place where you determine the face texture, or some entierly new block of code?

Thanks.

It's a few new blocks of code, I'm implementing it right now. Plus randomisation.

The custom kerbalHead isn't working for me. I have them in GameData/TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Jebediah Kerman/kerbalHead but it only shows one head texture for every kerbal?

Maybe letter case mismatch? What does log say? There should be something like

[LOG 22:45:24.979] [TextureReplacer] Mapping Jebediah Kerman's kerbalHead -> TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Jebediah Kerman/kerbalHead

Maybe letter case mismatch? What does log say? There should be something like

[LOG 22:45:24.979] [TextureReplacer] Mapping Jebediah Kerman's kerbalHead -> TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Jebediah Kerman/kerbalHead

I found this in the log but I still don't see them in game.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Bill Kerman/kerbalHead.png

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Bob Kerman/kerbalHead.png

Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Jebediah Kerman/kerbalHead.png

You have double ".png.png" extension. Or something like that.

Ok I took off the extra png but its still not working. :P

My texture replacer folder

DR5hC5L.png

And inside the CustomKerbals folder

iaDMkPJ.png

And the log

Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Bill Kerman/kerbalHead

Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Bob Kerman/kerbalHead

Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/CustomKerbals/Jebediah Kerman/kerbalHead

0.15 released. I discovered KSP event system, which makes detecting vehicle switches, docking, EVAs, new vehicles appearing etc. much faster and more reliable. Replacements are much better optimised now.

@mike: Look into KSP.log if the textures load.

Edited by shaw
typo

The custom heads are working for me now. Apparently the change in texture for Jebediah Kerman wasn't very noticeable and I had not named the texture for Bill's head correctly, but it is working now. Thanks for the advice.

0.15 released. I discovered KSP event system, which makes detecting vehicle switches, docking, EVAs, new vehicles appearing etc. much faster and more reliably. Replacements are much better optimised now.

@mike: Look into KSP.log if the textures load.

I think I am going to have to try this out. Looks AWESOME!

I'm really glad you have such a focus on optimization and making it run better. It's one thing to add a great visual asset to the community, it's quite another to care enough to minimize its footprint. Thanks!

Loving the new custom Kerbal feature. I used MrTheBull's Orange Eva suit and did some tweaks to make it my own space agency's suit, then applied it to just the Three vets Each with a custom helmet with their names on it. Then based off of Captain Skunky's "It's Hardly Rocket Science" comics, I made custom heads for the three.

Faces and Hair

kleWAed.png

Custom Helmets

KvmJ47J.png

I used W and R to initial Bill and Bobs' helmets because they couldn't bot be B and the names Bill and Bob are short for William and Robert respectively

Chevron on Jeb's arm (probably gonna redo this detail, looks a little twisted

bQpTozy.png

Loving this mod as an alternative to Universe Replacer. Not only does it produce higher quality, but you can actually customize individual Kerbals. And you can still use random textures for the faces too, for the VAB and SPH engineers for example. Overall, I'm very happy with your work here! Keep it up!

This update is awesome. But the question is, now where do we go to find Kerbal textures? The UR thread? If anyone knows of a pack that simply gives the big 3 their rightful orange EVA suits, that's the main thing I'm looking for

With Unity Asset Explorer. Extracting original textures is probably illegal, but it's pretty obvious most of Kerbal textures I've seen are derived from the "stolen" original textures. Squad obviously doesn't have problem with that copyright violations, otherwise UR thread would be locked long ago and most of the Kerbal texture packs taken down.

Would it be possible to use the system events to dress Kerbals on a suit on the ground and later other different in space?

Ie can be differentiated the grounded EVA from vacuum EVA?

Someone really needs to make a full on tutorial for adding new textures… I spent like an hour making a texture for Laythe and have NO IDEA how to get the game to recognize it, the map just gets weird and Laythe is suddenly really dark grey… tried it with both Universe Replacer AND Texture Replacer with no luck. Sorry I’m a noob, but what can you do. I need help.