BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

So here's a super low-priority feature. Right now there's no way to tell what your Kerbals will look like until you get out on the pad. I have no suggestions for this other than to say it would be neat to be able to preview them somehow, though unless Squad puts in that functionality to the recruitment center I already know it isn't happening.

So here's a super low-priority feature. Right now there's no way to tell what your Kerbals will look like until you get out on the pad. I have no suggestions for this other than to say it would be neat to be able to preview them somehow, though unless Squad puts in that functionality to the recruitment center I already know it isn't happening.

I dunno, this guy's been able to do some stuff that i thought was impossible already. I wouldn't put it past him. Great mod once again Shaw!

v0.18.1 released. EVA propellant is not removed together with jetpack any more. With life support mods, where monopropellant is taken from a pod, this destroyed 5 units of monopropellant for each atmospheric EVA. Hence, jetpack removal configuration option also became obsolete.

Consider this version as feature-complete. Only expect bugfix release(s) in foreseeable future. Most of suggestions you've given would require a lot of additional code and rewriting parts of TR and would certainly be out of scope for this plugin. The atmospheric IVA suit is already a "bonus" feature, I included it because it's cool and it could be done with only small changes to TR. And it works exactly as intended. Some sacrifices (e.g. keeping IVA suit when riding to space on a rover seat) are intentional to avoid implementing part modules, rewriting Kerbal personalisation code etc. If there's anyone so eager about additional fancy features, the plugin is under MIT licence, so anyone is welcome to develop it further.

Sorry, but I have RL too.

Edited by shaw

I'm gonna be happy just if I see updates of this masterpiece mod for future game versions. ;)

Now, completely serious, Immo your work is suberb and offers a huge range of possibilities. Soon I gonna share with all you my brand new textures and that it's only possible thanks to you. More than enough Shaw!! Thank you so much for your effort and by share this with us. Now we owe you a good use of this possibilities! :D

Edited by Proot

You can extract (steal) it from KSP asset files in `KSP_Data/` with Unity Asset Explorer (google for the link) or with https://github.com/ata4/disunity/releases.

I have all this set up, etc... but a question I can't seem to find posted in the forums anywhere is how would you go about previewing something you've done? Is it possible to just use Unity to look at how a model will appear in game or is the only method to fire up KSP? The EVA is a part, but not one with a typical .mu that I could find. I considered posting this in the texture discussion, but considering you've made your own head pack, I figured its worth asking you what you did.

Posted to wrong comment ...oh well

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ky4yqkjqlisdwcv/screenshot18.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqsanzec2xexk2r/screenshot19.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qrss7j3mzvwq2w/screenshot20.png

Sorry about dropbox...too lazy to go to upload elsewhere.

Oh and a huge thank you to Shaw......

Edited by EdCase

RPF6CVb.jpg
Javascript is disabled. View full album

---- Please, excuse my mistakes and weird expressions, my English is almost 100% self taught. ----

"Pimp my Kerbals" Texture pack v 1.1 UPDATED (23 JANUARY)

DOWNLOAD

https://mega.co.nz/#!05NykLgQ!Q7Ca4Xge1dt-OHhN1eDvuGdiV2UC-Y--eCEIw5nff5U

PREVIOUS VERSION

https://mega.co.nz/#!FhkAETZb!DqoRmR3bv_yabxTjkBmCCEiQAyMC6qjVnUQTmarGOQM

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible if you accidentally overwrite any of your previous personalized textures!!

For the best and most secure installation, put this pack on a clean installation of "Texture Replacer". If you can't or you don't want to do it, please, do a backup of all your personalized textures (if you have it) before use this.

INSTALLATION: To install this pack, just merge the main folder of the rar (named "Texture Replacer" ) with your installed "Texture Replacer" folder.

First of all many, many thanks to Shaw for bring us Texture Replacer. It's easy, powerful and very funny, that's what made a mod a masterpiece immo. Runs really well, and features like no EVA Helmets or visor textures wouldn't be possible without this magnificent mod.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, let's see what I bring to you today...

Custom Kerbals:

We have brand new Jeb, Bob and Bill heads. Made to give a strong personality to our most beloved and favorite kerbals. Hope you like it!

-
Jeb
is like the ordinary and old fashion kerbals, but with a bit veteran and stylish look. I like to think that Jeb is now just like Jeb should be. Simply, lol.

-
Bob
have a really short hair and a big beard, and that do funny contrasts between that little more aggressive new look and his fearful personality.

- And
Bill
is now my little tribute to an astronaut by which I feel a special sympathy:

Generic Kerbals:

Normal head:
made to match the stock version, but pimped!

Covered:
two normal heads, but in covered versions (blue and black).

You maybe notice that veteran faces have subtle wrinkles, all skins are now of a more powerful green, faces have little shadows at the eyes to give them a bit more volume...

...and now kerbals have teeth!!

Despite the info about that in the wiki (kerbals only have two teeth and so on) I love the aspect of artwork kerbals at the game loading... so I made mouths to match more that look.

Suits:

Orange IVA
(+EVA) for veterans
- Inspired on the real orange suits but with a bit fantasy kerbal technology. Its configured like the IVA suit for the custom kerbals (Jeb, Bob and Bill), but (if you change the filenames) it can be used like EVA suit with his own
optional orange jetpack!

White EVA
for all
- Inspired on NASA real ones, but trying to match the stock look as much as possible. With his own "clean" white
jetckpack.

Blue/Orange IVA
for generics kerbals
- Inspired on the old NASA and URSS overall IVA suits.

All suit shares a white NASA-style helmet, with a back impressed logo who represent Kerbin and his moons. (my imaginary "leitmotiv" for the kerbal kind and his space race).

This helmet model have his respective visors: black one for IVA suits and a more reflective orange/golden version for EVA uses.

HD Skybox (4k):

I wanted a more "dark-realist-butnonreal" Skybox. So I've used our spiral galaxy clouds as model... but with a completely remade star-field (with no colored stars), done in spacescape (counting several layers and using almost 100,000 points as stars). Almost any recognizable references at all in this sky. This is a point of continuous work in progress, so I probably update this in the future...

And too:

- Normalmaps for all textures who use it, done with NVIDIA NormalMap filter in APSCs6t to fit and work as well as possible.

- The optional orange jetpack for orange EVA!

- Flags!

PD: But of course you can use all this textures as you wish! ;)

Purposes for update this pack:

- better skybox.

- female heads. (the Wiki says that kerbals don't have gender, and I like to think they reproduction is by Mitosis -which explains his re-spawns/copies?-, but you know, we have female players and maybe the kerbals have a too male aspect to be non-gendered)

- more heads based on real people.

- More, and more heads!

- If Shaw could do it, had the time to do it and desire to implement it as feature in the future... perhaps eyes of color.

Edited by Proot
UPDATED

Pimp my Kerbals texture pack

Looks very nice, one suggestion: create the skymap in a way that the galaxy is tilted to the ecliptic plane instead of being in the ecliptic plane (where the ecliptic plane is the plane of Kerbin's orbit), it creates a much more interesting (and if we take the Solar system as example, then also more realistic) experience, as the planets will not move along the galactic plane, but in a plane inclined to that, which means that there will be times when the planets transit in front of the galaxy texture, instead of always moving along it... So instead of http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0/page120?p=602535&viewfull=1#post602535 the sky looks more like http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0/page28?p=574333&viewfull=1#post574333.

Also, do not remove the colour of the stars completely, decrease their saturation level to something like 25%, but stars do show colour in real life, even when viewed with the unaided eye, so having only white stars is very unrealistic :)

Other than these, very nice pack!

Thank you and great feedback papics.

I will follow your advices about the skybox and I will try to do it! Btw any recommendation or reference about a realistic color palette for the stars would be apreciated.

Thank you and great feedback papics.

I will follow your advices about the skybox and I will try to do it! Btw any recommendation or reference about a realistic color palette for the stars would be apreciated.

Hi, read through this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_classification and especially have a look at this figure for the colours: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Morgan-Keenan_spectral_classification.png Good luck!

Proot, your pack is terribly unoptimised.

1. Convert all TGAs to PNGs (or JPEGs if not transparent). TR generates mipmaps now, there's no need for TGAs.

2. There are 6 copies of EVA suit (one for each custom and generic Kerbal plus the default one). You only need to put EVA suit textures to `Default/`.

3. Large parts of IVA suits are also duplicated. Visor and helmet are common, so you only need to put them to `Default/`. In `CustomKerbals/` and `GenericKerbals/` you only need `kerbalMainGrey` texture & normal map.

In the end, you only have `kerbalHead*`, `kerbalMainGrey` and `kerbalMainNRM` textures in `CustomKerbals/` and `GenericKerbals/`. Everything else goes in `Default/`. With this plus converting everything to PNG (+ optipng) and skybox to JPEG, I've reduced size of your pack from 430 MiB to just 26 MiB.

Edited by shaw
Noticed IVA suits don't have the same normal maps.

Hello, this is my first post in the forums, Joined mostly to thank people for their mods and came here to this thread because Mr shaw you did a magnificent work here this mod is so awesome that I don't have enough words to describe it, I'm running a heavily modded game and was having big troubles with memory, I discovered this mod looking for a remedy with my memory problems and found that changing all textures (I mean all EVERYTHING in ksp folder) to png + this mod I can play the game I like without any problem I'm running more than 60 mods + lot of parts and the thing that I like most of this mode is looking at resource monitor and see how the blue bar gets bigger and bigger while loading I mean IS CRAZY how this thing works.

For those sceptic or reticent to use it I really invite them to test is, this mod is a wonder.

Thank Mr shaw.

Mr Proot your mod is really nice looking I'm going to use it :D but as shaw say Ill going to convert everything to png 1st thanks.

Posting this question again because it seems to have been overlooked in the past.

I noticed that you cannot tie a generic head to a generic suit. Is this correct?

I assume this is also the case for the IVA suits.

I ask is because I had made a more feminine suit texture for the female heads but it seems to randomly assign the head regardless of what folder the head texture is in.

Posting this question again because it seems to have been overlooked in the past.

I noticed that you cannot tie a generic head to a generic suit. Is this correct?

I ask is because I had made a more feminine suit texture for the female heads but it seems to randomly assign the head regardless of what folder the head texture is in.

Sorry, I forgot to answer that.

No, it's not currently possible, heads and suits are handled separately.

But there is a workaround, I have some females just creating a custom kerbal name and giving it the suits and head desired, actually have 6 females in the roster and if one dies only have to change the name of the custom kerbal folder with another of your like, hope that helps.

Proot, your pack is terribly unoptimised.

1. Convert all TGAs to PNGs (or JPEGs if not transparent). TR generates mipmaps now, there's no need for TGAs.

2. There are 6 copies of EVA suit (one for each custom and generic Kerbal plus the default one). You only need to put EVA suit textures to `Default/`.

3. Large parts of IVA suits are also duplicated. Visor and helmet are common, so you only need to put them to `Default/`. In `CustomKerbals/` and `GenericKerbals/` you only need `kerbalMainGrey` texture & normal map.

In the end, you only have `kerbalHead*`, `kerbalMainGrey` and `kerbalMainNRM` textures in `CustomKerbals/` and `GenericKerbals/`. Everything else goes in `Default/`. With this plus converting everything to PNG (+ optipng) and skybox to JPEG, I've reduced size of your pack from 430 MiB to just 26 MiB.

I was so cautious because I didn't mean do it wrong. Perfectly explained Shaw, very clarifier. I will fix that and the skybox asap, thank you very much for the info.