BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

I've now "officially" released 1.3.3.

It hides the jetpack flag appearing in 0.23.5 and some other details on atmospheric suit (jetpack thruster jets, headlights ...). It's still linked against 0.23.0, so it should work fine on both 0.23.0 and 0.23.5.

No, I mean like with universe replacer, just simple clouds visible from space, I don't need rl like clouds, just ones that make kerbin look more earth like from space :(

I think you should be able to pull the cloud textures from any Universe Replacer pack and use them with this mod.

But you should probably consider using Visual Enhancements, its very very good

No. However, I could probably add it with a few hacks.
People keep requesting glasses, monocles etc... IF there was a normal these may be possible - certainly look a lot better than at the minute. If you feel like adding it in I'll certainly test it. If not no massive problem.

From what I've played, the asteroid textures are surprisingly nice looking. Probably not worth it to replace them, but then again where's the fun if we can't conquer those as well?

Hit refresh in your web browser and see if that brings it up. Mega can apparently cause trouble for some. Proot really needs to consider a mirror link on another file host.

Hey your back! Can you help me with my skybox texture?

Hi, great mod! One question though, I managed to replace the skybox by placing the files in the "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Default"-folder but i don't understand the path option (the quote below). Where would I type the path (specify directory) if it's in another folder?

General replacement texture is of the form:

GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/<internalName>

where `<internalName>` is the texture's internal name in KSP or path of a

texture inside `GameData/` (plus .png/.jpg/.tga/.mbm extension, of course).

It's also possible to replace textures from `GameData/` if one specifies

the full directory hierarchy:

GameData/TextureReplacer/

Default/Squad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/model000 // Mk1-2 pod texture

Default/Squad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/model001 // Mk1-2 pod normal map

Or have I totally misunderstood this?

Ok. I've read the entire thread and I still can't get my skybox to show up. I've got the skybox PNG files in the right folder, with the right names (and capitalization, as far as I can tell; I could be wrong - it's really late).

Is there something I'm missing here?

Default folder contents:

http://i.imgur.com/jbPm90b.png

Hi, great mod! One question though, I managed to replace the skybox by placing the files in the "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Default"-folder but i don't understand the path option (the quote below). Where would I type the path (specify directory) if it's in another folder?

Or have I totally misunderstood this?

You must create "Squad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/" directory hierarchy inside "Default/" and put "model000.png" and "model001.png" (or .jpg/.tga/.mbm) there.

v1.3.4 released.

Support for head normal maps has been implemented. If head texture is "head1.png", just save its normal map as "head1NRM.png" in the same directory.

v1.3.4 released.

Support for head normal maps has been implemented. If head texture is "head1.png", just save its normal map as "head1NRM.png" in the same directory.

Excellent thank you! This will allow for much better looking glasses, monocles and goggles!

What does it mean by "Default"?

Do i have to make a new folder?

That folder should already exist. At least it exist in the archive you downloaded.

Hi Guys

Finally decided to post on the forums since I have an issue with texture replacer and I can't sort it out if it were the death of me.

Okay, so. Originally I had Endrixials planets with Riordens skybox. I placed them into the folder and I renamed the Riorden skybox .pngs from skybox_postivex, skybox_negativex etc etc to galaxytex_postivex etc etc

NO WORRIES THERE!

None with the planets either.

BUT, when I tried to load Pimp my Kerbals they wouldn't show up in game. I have the new Mun, visor reflections but the custom textures for Jeb, Bob and Bill and the generic kerbals wouldn't appear. They'll just be standard.

Ideas? Probably something dumb that I've missed.

I'm running a fair few other mods as well so it maybe something to do with a conflict, though I don't see how since none of them are texture mods.

You must create "Squad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/" directory hierarchy inside "Default/" and put "model000.png" and "model001.png" (or .jpg/.tga/.mbm) there.

Oh! That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying :)

Hi Guys

Finally decided to post on the forums since I have an issue with texture replacer and I can't sort it out if it were the death of me.

Okay, so. Originally I had Endrixials planets with Riordens skybox. I placed them into the folder and I renamed the Riorden skybox .pngs from skybox_postivex, skybox_negativex etc etc to galaxytex_postivex etc etc

NO WORRIES THERE!

None with the planets either.

BUT, when I tried to load Pimp my Kerbals they wouldn't show up in game. I have the new Mun, visor reflections but the custom textures for Jeb, Bob and Bill and the generic kerbals wouldn't appear. They'll just be standard.

Ideas? Probably something dumb that I've missed.

I'm running a fair few other mods as well so it maybe something to do with a conflict, though I don't see how since none of them are texture mods.

Pimp My Kerbals! needs to be converted for compatibility with TextureReplacer 1.4:

1. Move all head textures from `CustomKerbals/` and `GenericKerbals/` into `Heads/`. You will also have to rename them since Jeb's, Bill's and Bob's head are all `kerbalHead.png`. Let's rename them to `Jeb.png`, `Bill.png` and `Bob.png` respectively.

2. Move suits from `GenericKerbals/` (`Blue/` and `Orange/` folders) into `Suits/` and move veteran suit from `CustomKerbals/` (`kerbalMainGrey.png` and `kerbalMainNRM.png`) to `Default/`.

3. Delete `CustomKerbals/` and `GenericKerbals/`.

4. Create a new configuration file, e.g. PimpMyKerbals.cfg:

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Jebediah Kerman = Jeb DEFAULT
Bill Kerman = Bill DEFAULT
Bob Kerman = Bob DEFAULT
}
GenericKerbals
{
excludedHeads = Jeb Bill Bob
}
}

Edited by shaw
updated for TR 1.4

Hi Guys, i'm using blubbermonkeys' skybox. >> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php?p=903890#post903890

And I get this result, very not pretty banding from the shading off.

2f8708e5-3c00-47f2-913b-ab8cef2b485a.jpg

I've looked again at the huge 6000*6000*24 source galaxy textures in PNG, and when zooming to at least 50% that shadingoff is also visible. :(

I haven't tweaked luminosity in the game, but maybe I missed something.

PS : i'm using ActiveTextureManagement at its latest version, it might the source of trouble ?

Edited by vanlock