BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Where do put the files for the texturereplacer. Also how do you change the Kerbals, like is there a menu that comes up or is it all in coding?

If I'm understanding your questions correctly. First custom suits should go to the GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits directory. And Heads should go to GameData\TextureReplacer\Heads directory. Have in mind that you should create a custom directory for your custom suits ex. "DarkOrange" and put all the texture files in there. Head files can be placed directly into the heads directory (just be sure not to overwrite any existing files in there).

Now to customize your Kerbals you have to create a custom config for that, an example.

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
[Name of the character] = [Filename of the head texture inside heads directory] [Directory name inside suits directory]
}
GenericKerbals
{
excludedHeads = [Exclude a head filename from being used on a random kerbal]
}
}

A functional TextureReplacer config would look something like this

TextureReplacer
{
CustomKerbals
{
Bill Kerman = Bill Blue
}
GenericKerbals
{
excludedHeads = Bill
}
}

Hope this helps.

Note: This applies for the latest version(s) only.

Regards

Edited by mario.masters

I'm new here :). I'm assuming that previously ActiveTextureManagement was called TextureCompressor? If so then I think you should change your TextureCompressor detection or add an additional argument to detect ActiveTextureManagement?

Loader.cs line 117:

// Prevent conflicts with TextureCompressor. If it is found among loaded plugins, texture
// compression step will be skipped since TextureCompressor should handle it (better).
bool isTextureCompressorDetected =
AssemblyLoader.loadedAssemblies.Any(a => a.name.StartsWith("TextureCompressor"));

By default I think your settings are set to auto or always but should turn off if TextureCompressor or ActiveTextureManagement is detected. Now it seems that both ActiveTextureManagement and TextureReplacer will perform texture compression etc. Sorry if this is irrelevant at this point, I'm just new here and am figuring out this wonderful new world of mods :)

You're correct, thanks. Previously TextureCompressor a.k.a "Active Texture Management" a.k.a "Active Texture Compression Mod" used "TextureCompressor.dll" assembly.

Quick question: is it safe to just delete the lines excludedHeads, excludedSuits, femaleHeads and femaleSuits from the @Default.cfg? The female heads I have (from KSPRC) look weird and I never send Jeb, Bill and Bob on a mission so I'd like to make their heads and suits available for everyone and just get rid of female stuff entirely (until someone can make a decent looking female kerbal head that doesn't include lipstick, huge eyelashes and a hairpin).

Quick question: is it safe to just delete the lines excludedHeads, excludedSuits, femaleHeads and femaleSuits from the @Default.cfg? The female heads I have (from KSPRC) look weird and I never send Jeb, Bill and Bob on a mission so I'd like to make their heads and suits available for everyone and just get rid of female stuff entirely (until someone can make a decent looking female kerbal head that doesn't include lipstick, huge eyelashes and a hairpin).

Just delete the names of the textures from the exceptions list. I'd leave all the exclude and = parts in there to be safe.

So it would go from excludeHeads = billhead bobhead jebhead (whatever texture name is)

to excludeHeads = (or whatever section your removing stuff from)

I'm surprised there hasn't been anything for loading screens. I'm getting a bit tired seeing the same two every time I start up the game. The fact that there's already more than one should mean adding additional ones is possible no? Sorry if it's there and I missed it...

Some textures from KSP_Data/*.assets are not loaded when KSP loads but later or KSP resets them back to stock, so replacement has to be done on each scene switch. Only a little bit of code is running constantly, which has no impact on performance. A different thing are personalised Kerbal textures. Here, the same texture has to be replaced differently on each Kerbal. TR binds to KSP event system and that replacement is triggered only when you switch vessels, a new vessel is created or loaded into the scene, or when a vessel changes (docking).

Excellent! I've started using the plugin, and had no issues so far.

Here's a peek of the space suits my Kerbals are using at the moment. It's a personally modified variant of the Pimp My Kerbals high-res default KSP suit.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0/page164

I can't find the instructions right now, but you should be able to google and find them. They're somewhere there, I just can't find it.

Edit: Here you go: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer?p=577857&viewfull=1#post577857

Ignore the part about putting in his sun flare, unless you want his instead of the one I linked you. If you can't get it to work, let me know, I know how to do it.

Your first link is just to the thread for Universe Replacer, rather than a specific sun flare to use. Did you mean to link to this : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0?p=850946&viewfull=1#post850946

I'll try out the flare in the 2nd link and see how that goes, thanks.

Edited by Castun

Excellent! I've started using the plugin, and had no issues so far.

Here's a peek of the space suits my Kerbals are using at the moment. It's a personally modified variant of the Pimp My Kerbals high-res default KSP suit.

Ahm ... publish ... publish now? :D

This great and all but I just have to say.... I've never seen a female astronaut put on red lipstick. In fact I haven't seen many *people* wear red lipstick lately. It's a bit old fashioned and trashy.

I think this is classier.

YYuG4F4.png?1

This great and all but I just have to say.... I've never seen a female astronaut put on red lipstick. In fact I haven't seen many *people* wear red lipstick lately. It's a bit old fashioned and trashy.

I think this is classier.

http://i.imgur.com/YYuG4F4.png?1

That looks a lot better than proots Female Kerbal. I love it! :D Are those the same heads as the OP or are they different ones?

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

That looks a lot better than proots Female Kerbal. I love it! :D Are those the same heads as the OP or are they different ones?

Haha! They're exactly the same, all I did was change the lipstick :)

Also what Proot Female Kerbal are you talking about?

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with Kerbals on EVA not loading correctly?

I either get no texture/ no response and if you look at the navball all the directions are one

xGsJ8YO.png

or a malformed texture that spins wildly across the screen.

Anyone know what might be causing this? I think it has to do with TextureReplacer but not sure yet. Thanks!

Edit: It doesn't have to do with Texture Replacer. On to other mods!

PS I wish it was more descriptive unfortunately its the absence of the kerbal that is the issue. I'll

Edited by Rabble

If you weren't aware, when using Pimp my Kerbals pack and Through the Eyes of a Kerbal mod for 1st person EVA, if you EVA on Kerbin so you don't have your helmet on, and then you switch out of 1st person view, your Kerbal suddenly is wearing a helmet.

If you weren't aware, when using Pimp my Kerbals pack and Through the Eyes of a Kerbal mod for 1st person EVA, if you EVA on Kerbin so you don't have your helmet on, and then you switch out of 1st person view, your Kerbal suddenly is wearing a helmet.

Does that also happen in TR 1.5? Other mods shouldn't be able to re-enable hidden meshes in 1.5.

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with Kerbals on EVA not loading correctly?

I either get no texture/ no response and if you look at the navball all the directions are one

http://i.imgur.com/xGsJ8YO.png

or a malformed texture that spins wildly across the screen.

Anyone know what might be causing this? I think it has to do with TextureReplacer but not sure yet. Thanks!

Could you be more specific? Steps to reproduce this issue? A more descriptive screenshot?

Hey, so I installed the mod installed a few texture packs (WWK2 and syliths kerbal heads) and the WWK2 pack works and syliths head pack works but for some reason when I try to give jeb bill and bob the heads I give them (mostly jeb) they don't work, instead it replaces say jebs head with a female kerbal head but bob and or bills heads work. just jebs doesn't . I want bill jeb and bob to ALL have custom heads so what do I do to correct this? :huh: