BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Great looking paint job. Now that we have money and contracts and such, it would be great if when we get our cash back for a part,

a) we would have the choice to use the used part or a new part on next mission.

B) the used part, looking like this or some varying degree based on number of flights, would be cheaper BUT would also have a better chance for failure....

would be interesting.

and this paint / look would do the job perfect for looks..

great work.

I may have to dump this project.. the mbm to png converter I'm using isn't correctly converting the rest of the engine textures correctly.. Tons of transparency issues / blank textures. Is there a more reliable way than MBMConverter?

Edited by styckx

Is there a way to adjust the compression amount from the first variable in the @default.cfg file? Something akin to ATM's scale multiplier (2 for 1/2, 4 for 1/4, etc)

Thanks in advance!

Ok.. Texture repaints are back on thanks to Nathankell pointing me to SuperPNG for Photoshop.

Second stock engine is done.. I'll start my own thread in addon dev once I get a few more done.

lI2MRXh.jpg

Also did some changes to the first engine I did.

7Yj5EcE.jpg

Edited by styckx

wow that's really nice work, can't wait to try it! I'm just curious how would you name the project?

Thanks!

Drtedastro has a good concept which was sorta where my initial brain storming came from.

Cheaper stock parts w/ drawbacks

Burn hotter

Burn more fuel

Less thrust

Heavier

But at a discount price.

Whether I get this far or not who knows but right now I'm focusing on making the default items look as worn, beat, and abused as possible (but still seem "perfectly fine to fly") first. I love manpulating textures and have been doing it for many years in various other games. That's where the fun for me is. The creating part.. Whether I actually finish a project or not doesn't concern me.. As long as I have fun at least trying. :)

Edited by styckx

Is there a way to adjust the compression amount from the first variable in the @default.cfg file? Something akin to ATM's scale multiplier (2 for 1/2, 4 for 1/4, etc)

Thanks in advance!

No. S3 compressions are not adjustable in that way. 1/2, 1/4, ... factors used in ATM actually scale down textures. If you want this you should either set a lower texture quality in the settings menu or install ATM.

I doubt it would be a cause for a memory leak, but I guess it's possible. I have about 1400 MM part configs (150 or so that are hidden because I don't have the part it's looking for) that load when my game loads, and I don't see a significant memory load from that (all my load is coming from texture packs and the like). And in the end it may not be a MM CFG issue, it just looks and sounds a lot like a problem I had when I forgot to save a change to a part edit, and ended up with a MM file pointed at a part with no change being made.

Well, whatever was causing my issue, I got it squashed. Completely uninstalled all of KSP and mods and started from scratch. I was able to load all the mods I want into the new fresh install, save for KSO, but I'm not really needing that one just yet. Thanks for the help, I'm so glad to get my KSP fix again. :)

Thanks again for the quick reply shaw!

Hey stycks, I made MM .cfg edits for KSPX to get it updated to .24, and if you would like, I can work on the cfg's for your parts! Just let me know here or via PM. =)

Hello,

I'm running KSP, Steam version, x64 with these mods:

-Better Atmospheres v5 and all it's dependencies, except Custom Asteroids and Sunflares; so including Texture Replacer

-Alarm Clock

-MechJeb latest update

-Protractor latest update

-Docking-Port Alignment Indicator

-Enhanced Navball

-Distant Object Enhancement

I have a small issue: Kerbals on Laythe have no helmet on and no Jetpack. Lights work, as you can see in the pictures, but my jetpack works only with half impulse when I jump and that's about it. Problem is, I can't get now back into my ship, as my ladder is just short of jumping reach. Might this be related to texture replacer? Although everything was fine until 2 days ago.

35045ly.jpg

15oxeli.jpg

PS: I also tried to park my rover under the ladder, but after leaving the seat, my Kerbal gets knocked down, the rover tips forward and some weird kraken physics makes it blow up in half.

Edited by Sheppard

I doubt it is related to TR.. well, the helmet thing is, but that's because Laythe atmo is breathable. Anyway, Laythe has a pretty similar, if slightly lighter gravity to Kerbin - that's probably why your EVA pack isn't working, it's just not powerful enough, like it would be on Kerbin.

When you say everything was fine 2 days ago, what do you mean? Was KSP loading? Did your kerbal have a helmet? Could he jump and reach the ladder? Were your relatives feeling ok but now are not? "Everything worked but now doesn't" isn't terribly helpful.

Yeah, sorry for that lack of details. I meant that Kerbals had helmets on and that the jetpack was powerful enough to reach that ladder. I EVA-ed a lot of times to plant flags for contracts and got pack using my jetpack. Did Squad maybe change some parameters during 0.24.2 regarding jetpacks/gravity of Layhte?

If the helmets changed, that'd be due to a change in the cfg, specifically "isAtmSuitEnabled = true" - did you change or update TR between a few days ago and now? Either way, that flag changed and is easy to change back.

As for the EVA pack, I've no idea then. Laythe nor EVAs have changed in 0.24.2. Have you checked your output log? That might have some clues, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, sorry for that lack of details. I meant that Kerbals had helmets on and that the jetpack was powerful enough to reach that ladder. I EVA-ed a lot of times to plant flags for contracts and got pack using my jetpack. Did Squad maybe change some parameters during 0.24.2 regarding jetpacks/gravity of Layhte?

Helmet and jetpack are missing because of TR (actually helmet and jetpack are still there and functional, they're just hidden). Laythe has breathable atmosphere, so it's working exactly as intended.

And your jetpack probably works just fine, but gravity on Laythe is way too high to make any effect. I know, on Duna, you can barely take off with jetpack and gravity there is only 0.3 G. Laythe has 0.8 G. Squad hasn't ever changed Laythe's gravity, so jetpacks have always been unusable there.

Edited by shaw

I feel stupid for asking this, but i am trying to get J's Specialized Suit Pack to work. I've installed it and the textures work, but i cannot for the life of me figure out the proper syntax to make it apply to specific kerbals. I have tried reading both tutorials and reverse engineering other packs, but to no avail. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter.

This is as far as i've gotten. It's labeled @JS.cfg

CustomKerbals

{

Bill Kerman = DEFAULT Blue

Bob Kerman = DEFAULT Yellow

Jebediah Kerman = DEFAULT Orange

}

GenericKerbals

{

suitAssignment = random

}

how high up do you need to be to see a different "map" of kerbin? i mean to see the textures from pimp my kerbals?

Real terrain is being interpolated into the different "map" from ~70 km to ~250 (or 300?) km.

I feel stupid for asking this, but i am trying to get J's Specialized Suit Pack to work. I've installed it and the textures work, but i cannot for the life of me figure out the proper syntax to make it apply to specific kerbals. I have tried reading both tutorials and reverse engineering other packs, but to no avail. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter.

This is as far as i've gotten. It's labeled @JS.cfg

CustomKerbals

{

Bill Kerman = DEFAULT Blue

Bob Kerman = DEFAULT Yellow

Jebediah Kerman = DEFAULT Orange

}

GenericKerbals

{

suitAssignment = random

}

Did you forget to wrap everything inside TextureReplacer {} ?

TextureRepalcer

{

CustomKerbals

{

}

GenericKerbals

{

}

}

And you don't need the leading `@` in `@JS.cfg`. It's just a hack so `@Default.cfg` is alphabetically before all other files and is hence overridden by them.

hello here I happen not to understand how the plugin works,

to change a Kerbal.

. is no way to go back to the old system, all in a folder with the name of the Kerbal is finished?

hello here I happen not to understand how the plugin works,

to change a Kerbal.

. is no way to go back to the old system, all in a folder with the name of the Kerbal is finished?

The old system wasn't as good, if you learn to learn the new system you'll be better off.