BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10499401/KryptonJeb.png

Clean install of TextureReplacer 1.9.2 with some suits and heads added; I'm getting this for Jeb's suit (he's the only one I've EVA'ed so far.) Any idea what's going wrong? When on EVA, his suit went completely black when in the shadow of kerbin.

Maybe TGA textures? KSP 0.25 sometimes (randomly) loads them wrong.

I try to download it but it doesn't work do I put the custom heads from texture packs in the heads folder for the original texture replacer? im confused!

never mind, when I put the heads inside the heads directory it doesn't change the heads.

please help!;.;

never mind, when I put the heads inside the heads directory it doesn't change the heads.

please help!;.;

Are the images directly inside `Heads/` directory or in a subdirectory? And could you upload your log, so that I can see what's going on?

Orange Suit and Darken Galaxy skybox + Envmap - Bilb0's Modifed Textures

Textures in this pack is based of the work of others that I've modified to my liking.

wLASUAh.png

Higher res preview here.

The Orange suit is base of the work of J's Specialized Kerbal Suit Pack by jfull, he based his work on Proot KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake, that i also use a slightly modified version of his visor.

The Darken Galaxy skybox is a modified version of Kunschner adaptation of Rareden work.

Credit for the original textures I modified goes to the work of people above, I've mainly edited them to my liking.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Installation

1. Download and install Texture Replacer.

2. Download these textures and install them in the GameData dir.

3. Run the game.

forum thread

Are you using ATM? Could you upload your log file?

Just discovered I was running two copies of ModuleManager, which may have caused my texture issues (I blew away my install and re-created with a different texture pack (Renaissance Compliation). That gave me some new and intriguing issues with textures!) I'll test further in a few days.

Orange Suit and Darken Galaxy skybox + Envmap - Bilb0's Modifed Textures

Textures in this pack is based of the work of others that I've modified to my liking.

http://i.imgur.com/wLASUAh.png

Higher res preview here.

The Orange suit is base of the work of J's Specialized Kerbal Suit Pack by jfull, he based his work on Proot KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake, that i also use a slightly modified version of his visor.

The Darken Galaxy skybox is a modified version of Kunschner adaptation of Rareden work.

Credit for the original textures I modified goes to the work of people above, I've mainly edited them to my liking.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Installation

1. Download and install Texture Replacer.

2. Download these textures and install them in the GameData dir.

3. Run the game.

forum thread

hmm do you have a version where the white parts of the suit are black or red?

I have two very newbie questions about this mod:

- I run a KSP install that is very heavily modded, so I'm always looking for methods to save on used RAM. If I'm already using ATM, would I see any savings with running TextureReplacer on top of it?

- Are there any known complications with using this mod and Distant Object Enhancement and/or CactEye?

TR disables it's texture conversion if ATM is installed, I believe it uses code from an older version of ATM. So no.

I run DOE and while it itself has some bugs, none that conflict directly with TR as far as I've noticed. CactEye also has some problems with DOE, but once again, not with TR as far as I know.

I have two very newbie questions about this mod:

- I run a KSP install that is very heavily modded, so I'm always looking for methods to save on used RAM. If I'm already using ATM, would I see any savings with running TextureReplacer on top of it?

- Are there any known complications with using this mod and Distant Object Enhancement and/or CactEye?

1. With default configuration, no. However if you force TR to unload textures even if ATM is present, there might be some improvement since ATM doesn't have configuration files for all mods and may leave some textures loaded even when they could be safely unloaded. TR method being more generic may succeed unloading those textures. Anyway, probably there won't be a significant difference.

2. I only tried DOE for a shot time and I didn't notice any conflicts. CactEye works without problems too, I've been using it for months.

@Hyomoto: TR doesn't include any old ATM code, at least not any more. That code has been updated, upgraded, improved etc. so many times, it doesn't resemble any ATM code any more.

I've fixed my skybox! Not sure what was wrong but it's gone now :)

DOWNLOAD HERE

This is the best picture I could get; for some reason my game won't not reduce the skybox textures... Looks much nicer in its full 4k glory, I promise :D

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n216/TheREALGabe/SS_04-19-2014_22-10-31.png

If you're interested it's the view from the surface of a star in the Andromeda galaxy, and as a bonus, if you look in the right place you can see the Milky Way :)

This skybox suffers the same fate as the last one I downloaded that says it is 8k.

Every star is pixleated at 3840x2160 true UHD.

I can see the pixles all over the place that make up the galaxy.

That is unacceptable imo.

The only one I have found that is acceptable so far is: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77420-Green-skull-inc-texture-packs

Are you using ATM? Could you upload your log file?
Yes, I am using ATM. I have done quite a bit of removing and adding different texture packs, and I can now definitely say that the suit and helmet textures are failing to load properly. Some textures were PNG, some JPG. Any suit texture in the suits subdir or defaults subdir is showing up as mostly plain white/black. In fact, from the small scattering of other colours I am seeing in heavily shadowed regions, it looks like it's being forced into an extremely limited colour palette. Reminds me of CGA gaming many many years ago.

Here's my log file from my last run. I've removed all the suit and helmet textures from defaults, so I only saw the issue in IVA / surface EVA, not on the main launcher screen.

EDIT:

Heads are suffering the same problem, though I can now say with some certainty that it seems to be particularly related to lighting. You can see in this screenshot that only the part of the Kerbals' heads that is lit by the sun is being reduced to the four colour palette.

screenshot2.png

Edited by politas
Additional info

Yes, I am using ATM. I have done quite a bit of removing and adding different texture packs, and I can now definitely say that the suit and helmet textures are failing to load properly. Some textures were PNG, some JPG. Any suit texture in the suits subdir or defaults subdir is showing up as mostly plain white/black. In fact, from the small scattering of other colours I am seeing in heavily shadowed regions, it looks like it's being forced into an extremely limited colour palette. Reminds me of CGA gaming many many years ago.

Here's my log file from my last run. I've removed all the suit and helmet textures from defaults, so I only saw the issue in IVA / surface EVA, not on the main launcher screen.

EDIT:

Heads are suffering the same problem, though I can now say with some certainty that it seems to be particularly related to lighting. You can see in this screenshot that only the part of the Kerbals' heads that is lit by the sun is being reduced to the four colour palette.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10499401/screenshot2.png

[EXC 06:24:25.375] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ActiveTextureManagement.ActiveTextureManagement.SetupLoaders ()
ActiveTextureManagement.ActiveTextureManagement.Start ()

ATM crashes when it tries to replace texture loaders. Thay could explain why textures get corrupted. Try to run without ATM.

And, could you try it with Catalyst driver? It might also be a bug in ATI/Gallium3D driver.

Edited by shaw

Hello everyone,

I recently found out about skyboxes and this mod that allows me to change the default skybox.

You see, I love taking screenshots with planets, satellites and ships, but the default "space background" is too pixel-y and ruins the pic

I'm only interested in changing the skybox and leave the kerbals, their suits and visors untouched.

To achieve this, should delete every other folder from "Gamedata>TextureReplacer" except <Default>, <EnvMap> and <Plugins>?

Also, to actually change the skybox, do I just paste the images, from say Rareden's 8K skybox, into the <Default> folder?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I recently found out about skyboxes and this mod that allows me to change the default skybox.

You see, I love taking screenshots with planets, satellites and ships, but the default "space background" is too pixel-y and ruins the pic

I'm only interested in changing the skybox and leave the kerbals, their suits and visors untouched.

To achieve this, should delete every other folder from "Gamedata>TextureReplacer" except <Default>, <EnvMap> and <Plugins>?

Also, to actually change the skybox, do I just paste the images, from say Rareden's 8K skybox, into the <Default> folder?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1. Yes. You can also delete `EnvMap/` if you don't want visor reflections.

2. Yes (unless you use an old skybox for Universe Replacer, in that case you also need to rename files).

Alright, just to confirm then,

The path should look like "KSP/Gamedata/TextureReplacer" ; <TextureReplacer> should contain <Plugins> & <Default> with the latter containing Rareden's files?

And if it causes memory issues, just delete <TextureReplacer> from <Gamedata>?

sorry if this seems repetitive.

Alright, just to confirm then,

The path should look like "KSP/Gamedata/TextureReplacer" ; <TextureReplacer> should contain <Plugins> & <Default> with the latter containing Rareden's files?

And if it causes memory issues, just delete <TextureReplacer> from <Gamedata>?

sorry if this seems repetitive.

Yes. And what memory issues are you talking about?