BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

I apologize if this has already been asked/answered:

First time using Texture Replacer and installed Edraxiels Planet Textures. Overall I'm happy with the results but there is a problem I'm encountering.

Certain heavenly bodies (Kerbin, Mun, Laythe, Eve) are showing up as a monochromed milky-white color. Is there a reason/fix for this?

Here is an example: 4Fp2VGl.png

I apologize if this has already been asked/answered:

First time using Texture Replacer and installed Edraxiels Planet Textures. Overall I'm happy with the results but there is a problem I'm encountering.

Certain heavenly bodies (Kerbin, Mun, Laythe, Eve) are showing up as a monochromed milky-white color. Is there a reason/fix for this?

Here is an example: http://i.imgur.com/4Fp2VGl.png

What does the log say?

Donno if it's a bug, a feature, or just me, but when I start a new game, the specified heads and suits for Jeb, Bill and Bob doesn't apply by default, they just have the generic random stuff. I use ATM 4.3, DDS Loader 1.8, TR 2.1 and Pimp My Kerbals DDS 1.1.

Donno if it's a bug, a feature, or just me, but when I start a new game, the specified heads and suits for Jeb, Bill and Bob doesn't apply by default, they just have the generic random stuff. I use ATM 4.3, DDS Loader 1.8, TR 2.1 and Pimp My Kerbals DDS 1.1.

That's a bug in 2.1. You have to set them manually in the UI, `CustomKerbals` from config files is ignored.

Question: IF everyone's texture replacer settings and textures were the same, would a multiplayer server see the same textures? Aren't they based on a hash of the Kerbal's name? If so, then as long as you see the right Kerbal, you see the right texture?

Also, how would one rip the default textures from the game?

@Shaw

Do you think it would be possible to make Kerbals ise different Kerbal Models? Like the VAB/SPH Engineer, Ground Crew, and Scientist, or even Wernher, Linus, Gus, Gene, Mortimer, and Walt?

Probably you can do that time ago... you just need to know the original texture name.

@Shaw

Do you think it would be possible to make Kerbals ise different Kerbal Models? Like the VAB/SPH Engineer, Ground Crew, and Scientist, or even Wernher, Linus, Gus, Gene, Mortimer, and Walt?

Do you mean to make you kerbonauts look line an engineer or a scientist?

No, you'd need to replace the model. And that's tricky, because bones, animations etc. don't match. I tried this with the engineer body, but arms were missing (they are a separate mesh on KSC crew) and legs were pointing upwards through the body and the head.

If you mean just to update textures on KSC crew, that's simple; just enable `logTextures` (scene switches will be very slow!) and you can probably quickly guess the right texture names from the log. Then you put replacements into `Default/` dir.

It seems the per-class function is swapped between pilot and scientist. I have it set up for orange = pilot, yellow = engineer, blue = scientist, but what I get is blue = pilot, yellow = engineer, orange = scientist.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe the class function just isn't working in general. I tried swapping the two but the colors are the same.

Edited by Hyomoto

It seems the per-class function is swapped between pilot and scientist. I have it set up for orange = pilot, yellow = engineer, blue = scientist, but what I get is blue = pilot, yellow = engineer, orange = scientist.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe the class function just isn't working in general. I tried swapping the two but the colors are the same.

Is this in the UI? Have you set suit assignment to experience?

- - - Updated - - -

Since upgrading to 0.90/2.1, the button to bring up the Texture Replacer UI isn't there. It doesn't appear to be obeying the config file directives either. This is x64/Linux. Any ideas?

Please, upload your log. Probably it crashes.

The log contains many instances of this error:

[LOG 14:21:20.098] [TR.TextureReplacer] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.replaceKerbalSkins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.updateScene () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

http://i.imgur.com/9MglkrM.jpg

Extended Sylith's Kerbal heads pack v1.3.1.

Download (ZIP, 6.6 MiB).

Download source (7Zip, 18.5 MiB).

Dependencies

[thread=96729]DDSLoader[/thread]. Textures are in DDS format and KSP can't load them unless you have DDSLoader installed.

Change log

• Horizontally mirrored mouth subtexture to match the stock one

Credits

Sylith (original pack)

IOI-655362 (Diverse Kerbal Heads pack)

Shaw (put everything together)

Licence

CC BY 4.0

Can you release a streamlined version of this with just the stock head and the most generic of the female heads? For the stockalike gender equity promoter. :P

The log contains many instances of this error:

[LOG 14:21:20.098] [TR.TextureReplacer] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CrewRoster' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.replaceKerbalSkins () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.Personaliser.updateScene () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

You're using some very old TR or an old KSP. This happens if you use TR for KSP < 0.24 with KSP >= 0.24 or vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

@GregroxMun: You have the source code available. Do it yourself.

You're using some very old TR or an old KSP. This happens if you use TR for KSP < 0.24 with KSP >= 0.24 or vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

@GregroxMun: You have the source code available. Do it yourself.

If you mean the head textures, then I already have. If you mean the kerbal thumbnails, I don't know how to do any programming aside from some basic TI-83 and Kerbal Operating System stuff.

XEEsfQt.jpgVTfSztE.jpg4LSkPVH.jpg

Quick preview of the suit pack I'm working on. It'll be Class based, (badges & class markings etc will be added later) as well as tiered.

The first tier is based on the earliest version of the Sokol space suit and due to it's age is pretty worn out, but a few quick fixes and it's good enough for the lower ranking Kerbals!

Edit: Added in a preview of the First tier IVA suit

Edited by Scart91