BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

http://i.imgur.com/XygTdEw.jpg

Real reflections now work well enough that they are usable. Skybox is still not reflected.

TextureReplacer-2.1.90.zip

If you want really awesome reflections (and burn your GPU), increase `reflectionResolution` to something like 1024.

O_o

I... I... I have no words...

Please people, this deserve a rain of reputation...

Some of my parts have bright purple (universal symbol for "something's wrong ") rather than a reflection, I'm using Ven's Stock Revamp BTW which has a TR reflection config that I suspect has errors with this. This is his config:

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = Windows
}
}
@PART[Mark1Cockpit]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = Window
}
}
@PART[mk1pod]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = Window
}
}
@PART[mk2LanderCabin]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = Window
}
}
@PART[crewCabin]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = Window
}
}
@PART[radialRCSTank]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = tank
}
}
@PART[rcsTankRadialLong]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = obj_base tank
}
}
@PART[toroidalFuelTank]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.1 0.1 0.1
%meshes = Torus
}
}
@PART[solarPanels1]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = Cube_003 Cube_002 Cube_004
}
}
@PART[solarPanels2]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = Panel1_001 Panel1_002 Panel1_003 Panel1_004 Panel1_005
}
}
@PART[solarPanels3]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = Panel1_002 Panel1_001 Panel1_000
}
}
@PART[solarPanels4]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = Panel1_002 Panel1_001 Panel1_004 Panel1_003 PanelReflect4_001
}
}
@PART[solarPanels5]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
}
}
@PART[1x3WPanels]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = Panel1_002 Panel1_001 Panel1_004
}
}
@PART[1x3SPanels]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = Panel1_002 Panel1_001 Panel1_004
}
}
@PART[largeSolarPanel]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%meshes = Panels
}
}
@PART[spotLight1]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = Glass
}
}
@PART[spotLight2]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = Glass
}
}
@PART[sensorBarometer]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = glass
}
}
@PART[sensorThermometer]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = glass
}
}
@PART[liquidEngine3]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] {
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%colour = 0.6 0.6 0.6
%meshes = Torus_001
}
}

Any idea what's wrong in there?

Some of my parts have bright purple (universal symbol for "something's wrong ") rather than a reflection, I'm using Ven's Stock Revamp BTW which has a TR reflection config that I suspect has errors with this.

I can confirm this issue (SPR 1.6 and TR 2.1.90). It made me scared and sad..

tFKmohb.jpg

No, I don't know why that one solar panel is fine. If it helps, it's the parent of the symmetrical panels, the first one to put down..

I can confirm this issue (SPR 1.6 and TR 2.1.90). It made me scared and sad..

http://i.imgur.com/tFKmohb.jpg

No, I don't know why that one solar panel is fine. If it helps, it's the parent of the symmetrical panels, the first one to put down..

Exact same problem here :( And it's not only the true reflections, I switched back to static and it still did it :(((((((

After test this wonder: works amazingly well, the bug can be avoided taking out temporarily the module manager files which establish the parts with reflections (meanwhile you fix it). EDIT: Nevermind --> Oh, and I'm having wonky bodies when kerbals impacts against something (even at low velocity, even with skinning Quality = auto). Is this related with the new feature for animations or maybe caused by another thing?

Edited by Proot

can someone make a red EVA suit with a red helmet and the Terran empire logo on the back?

I'll do it. Want me to use more than just red, though? Maybe I'll make a few and you can pick from them or tell me to combine aspects of them. I've been a loyal soldier of the Terran Republic for a long time. (Are you talking about Planetside 2, or something else?)

im talking about star trek the mirror universe to be precise

edit 2: Been working on it for a while and it seems like it's more difficult for me than I thought. Sorry, I can try again some time after I've got more experience with it, but at the moment I'm not gonna be able to do it.

Edited by Pingonaut

Would someone post the default suit textures (helmet, suit, jetpack) obtained from the KSP files?

I used other modified textures as scratch, sorry I don't have the originals. The only way to get that is with the Unity asset explorer, I'm afraid.

I used other modified textures as scratch, sorry I don't have the originals. The only way to get that is with the Unity asset explorer, I'm afraid.

Yeah I just used that to work on a custom sun flare, i think .90 rearranged all of the assets (for instance, sun flares are now in 9 not 10) as it took me forever to find the music when I tried to edit that too lol

Pingonaut here is the link to that: http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36

It's pretty straightfoward, copy the KSP_Data folder to you desktop, put all the asset folders in the folder where UAE is located, and open and browse each one until you find the default suit textures

Yeah I just used that to work on a custom sun flare, i think .90 rearranged all of the assets (for instance, sun flares are now in 9 not 10) as it took me forever to find the music when I tried to edit that too lol

Pingonaut here is the link to that: http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36

It's pretty straightfoward, copy the KSP_Data folder to you desktop, put all the asset folders in the folder where UAE is located, and open and browse each one until you find the default suit textures

Maybe I'll just wait then, I'm really not interested in installing a program and looking through files for it. Thanks for the info.

Would someone post the default suit textures (helmet, suit, jetpack) obtained from the KSP files?

Doing that would be illegal, violation of Squad's copyrights. I know Squad doesn't care much about that as several mods violate their IP (some of them even featured on the main page), but still. I'm afraid you'll have to commit that "crime" yourself.

After test this wonder: works amazingly well, the bug can be avoided taking out temporarily the module manager files which establish the parts with reflections (meanwhile you fix it). EDIT: Nevermind --> Oh, and I'm having wonky bodies when kerbals impacts against something (even at low velocity, even with skinning Quality = auto). Is this related with the new feature for animations or maybe caused by another thing?

TR doesn't touch Renderer.skinQuality if you set it to auto. And even if it did, that wouldn't change anything as all skinned meshes in KSP are set to auto by default.