BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

ok shaw dont hurt yourself reading this thing :) have a merry day.

https://mega.co.nz/#!WEZ3QLDZ!BrxJ09R2LMufiLjS8qXo1NHvKkNzPpXORdQS9zl-AqA

i just put a kerbal on EVA then went straight to upload the log. it looks like this. i can also confirm that the setting for eva in atmosphere is turned on. really, i think its the suit pack i downloaded; its not designed to use that feature but just a guess. maybe you recognize this suit pack? i forgot its name.

http://i.imgur.com/WomgW84.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/VOXIYJu.png?1

You're using some very old version of TR that's not compatible with the current version of KSP.

im using ksp 0.24 and i think the texture replacer version matches; i dont know how to find my TR version.

You have KSP version for each TR download on Course or KerbalStuff. TR 1.7.1 is the last that works with KSP 0.24.x.

Shaw, I believe your mod may be causing (or at least severely exacerbating) a memory leak within KSP.

With Texture Replacer installed my memory rapidly increases from about 2.3GB to 3.6GB usually with scene changes (seems to be especially prevalent going from the VAB/SPH to the Launch Pad/Runway) resulting in a crash shortly after.

Hopefully you can help me find the root of this problem as I really enjoy what Texture Replacer brings to my KSP install :)

I'm currently using a good bit of mods so I've been forcing OpenGL and using Active Texture Management (aggressive). If you need my list of mods let me know!

EDIT: I was incorrect in this assumption. Everything has been rectified at this post here.

Edited by Hektos

Shaw, I believe your mod may be causing (or at least severely exacerbating) a memory leak within KSP.

With Texture Replacer installed my memory rapidly increases from about 2.3GB to 3.6GB usually with scene changes (seems to be especially prevalent going from the VAB/SPH to the Launch Pad/Runway) resulting in a crash shortly after.

Hopefully you can help me find the root of this problem as I really enjoy what Texture Replacer brings to my KSP install :)

I'm currently using a good bit of mods so I've been forcing OpenGL and using Active Texture Management (aggressive). If you need my list of mods let me know!

Memory usage also increases without TR. And I don't know what could cause memory leaks, TR doesn't allocate any memory nor create any game objects after initialisation. Maybe it crashes and fill up your RAM with error messages. Check your log.

Edited by shaw

I know this mod is called "Texture replacer", but has anyone attempted (or found) a mod that changes the textures of the parts in stock KSP?

Sure, it's called "TextureReplacer". There's an example how to replace Mk1-2Pod's textures in the OP.

Memory usage also increases without TR. And I don't know what could cause memory leaks, TR doesn't allocate any memory nor create any game objects after initialisation. Maybe it crashes and fill up your RAM with error messages. Check your log.

Good sir, I must beg your forgiveness for I have incorrectly faulted your mod. At this point I'm not 100% sure what was causing the leak (though it MAY have been an out-of-date Firespitter.dll). I have recently reinstalled the Firespitter.dll (for the B9 parts pack) at the same time I removed texture replacer (shame on me for not doing one step at a time!).

I have gone back to enjoying my KSP career with a wonderfully replaced skybox and hovering between 2.3GB and 2.8GB RAM usage.

Cheers to you and good day :)

Edited by Hektos

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to make Eva suits go on to kerbals of every role.

Here's what I mean - Red suit - Pilot

Yellow suit - Engineer

Blue suit - Scientist

If anyone knows how to do please tell me.

Of course, there already are such suits (they existed long before 0.90), Color-coordinated Astronaut suits and J's Specialized Suit Pack. You must assign suits to the classes in the GUI.

Of course, there already are such suits (they existed long before 0.90), Color-coordinated Astronaut suits and J's Specialized Suit Pack. You must assign suits to the classes in the GUI.

Thanks but how would i get them on specific kerbals.

e.g.

Jeb - Pilot - Red suit

Bill - Engineer - Yellow Suit

Bob - Scientist - Blue suit

Could someone explain how to set up experience based suits? The cfg says its possible but does not explain how... :/

Also, do my suits need to have every piece? are could i have a suit that just changes the jetpack and takes the rest from another suit (maybe the default)?

Any help would be appreciated...

This is what i'd want:

* Basic pilot/engineer/scientist suits (I've set these suits as the default suits for each role)

* Master pilot/engineer/scientist suits (when they have all the stars... This is the thing I dont know how to do...)

* I'd want male and female version of those six types of suits. If I understand the cfg correctly that would mean putting 2 suits for each type and then saying one of them is female suit?

English is not my native language so sorry if im not clear enough.. :)

Edited by 0phoff

Thanks but how would i get them on specific kerbals.

e.g.

Jeb - Pilot - Red suit

Bill - Engineer - Yellow Suit

Bob - Scientist - Blue suit

In the config, under the CustomKerbals tab, enter Bill Kerman = [HeadTexture] [suitTextureDir] where HeadTexture is the image for his head (found in Head folder) and SuitTextureDir is the name of the directory of the suit you want (in the suits folder)

Or you could go to the PerkSuits tab and change Pilot = Suit1 to Pilot = [suitTextureDir] to change the suits of ALL the pilot Kerbals in your game! (dont forget to remove the // at the start of that line..)

EDIT: You can achieve the same thing ingame (see Shaw's post below...)

Edited by 0phoff

Open GUI and

1. generic suits -> experience

2. set pilot, engineer and scientist suits

All Kerbals that don't have set custom suits (i.e. have "generic" suits) will have suits you assigned for each class.

Open GUI and

1. generic suits -> experience

2. set pilot, engineer and scientist suits

All Kerbals that don't have set custom suits (i.e. have "generic" suits) will have suits you assigned for each class.

Ow, so with experience you mean which class they belong to and not how many stars (how much exp) they have for their class... :/

Ok i'll have to change my plans a bit... :P

This could be a suggestion for a new feature though... It would be nice to have special suits for different levels! (eg: 0star engineer, 1 star engineer, ... , 5star engineer)

I'm actually working on a suit pack that has suits for each level of Kerbal.

http://imgur.com/a/KS4b7 (So far I've done the Level 1 IVA & EVA and Level 4 EVA. (All WIP)

I'll also be doing versions of all suits for each class, with different colours/badges/visuals. Such as a tools & oil stains/burn marks for Engineers etc.

Looks Nice! How would it work? Manually giving them their suits I guess?

I'm working on an assembly where I group my favourite parts! might upload it once its finished! :)

Looks Nice! How would it work? Manually giving them their suits I guess?

I'm working on an assembly where I group my favourite parts! might upload it once its finished! :)

Yeah at the moment the Level 1 suits could be assigned to each Kerbal class. But then would have to manually update a leveled up Kerbal with his new suit.

Completely agree!

While working on my TexturePack, I was thinking of a better way to implement those different levels...

Instead of only allowing levels, maybe you could add the ability to set really specified suits like this:

CustomSuit

{

Name = SuitDir

Gender = Male|Female

Perk = Pilot|Engineer|Scientist

Head = HeadName

}

You wouldnt have to specify everything (if you dont fill in something it would be seen as a wildcard/blank), but this would allow to have some specified but still random generation of kerbals! :)

Do what you want with it Shaw, its just a little idea.. :P

VISOR REFLECTION QUESTION!

I know visor reflection is a "fake" reflection. I figured out how to make my custom skybow the visor reflection but, of course it shows every where. Even in daylight on Kerbin.

Is there a way to set multiple reflections and have them change depending on kerbals location?

I would like to set it to reflect skybox if on planet without atmosphere or in space. Reflect clouds if on Kerbin or laythe. Reflect purple clouds on eve (same as kerbin justed color change). Dust storms on duna.

I saw in the configure file that iva suits equal true on kerbin to make em spawn on kerbin in them. So I thought this idea may be possible.

I'm not a coder person so explain it to me like a four year old if it possible and how to do it. Ty!!

I know visor reflection is a "fake" reflection. I figured out how to make my custom skybow the visor reflection but, of course it shows every where. Even in daylight on Kerbin.

Is there a way to set multiple reflections and have them change depending on kerbals location?

I would like to set it to reflect skybox if on planet without atmosphere or in space. Reflect clouds if on Kerbin or laythe. Reflect purple clouds on eve (same as kerbin justed color change). Dust storms on duna.

I saw in the configure file that iva suits equal true on kerbin to make em spawn on kerbin in them. So I thought this idea may be possible.

I'm not a coder person so explain it to me like a four year old if it possible and how to do it. Ty!!

Static reflections will stay as they are. Experimental builds with real reflections exist a few pages back.

Look a few posts up, real reflections are now implemented and can do all that

EDIT: Ninja'd by Shaw XD

While working on my TexturePack, I was thinking of a better way to implement those different levels...

Instead of only allowing levels, maybe you could add the ability to set really specified suits like this:

CustomSuit

{

Name = SuitDir

Gender = Male|Female

Perk = Pilot|Engineer|Scientist

Head = HeadName

}

You wouldnt have to specify everything (if you dont fill in something it would be seen as a wildcard/blank), but this would allow to have some specified but still random generation of kerbals! :)

Do what you want with it Shaw, its just a little idea.. :P

Or maybe "pilotSuits = suit1 suit2 ..." etc. so the setting would be consistent with the current "femaleSuits", "femaleHeads" etc.

I have to think about per-level suits thoroughly how to implement them without makeing some overcomplicated mess out of everything.

I'm very, very pleased with the new reflections. Truly pretty, impressive and seems to be performance friendly. But I'm having huge inconsistencies in the reflections of my dev install (specially landed) probably caused by the new EVE version (wip yet). I don't know if this happens in the official release (7-x) too. I say "probably caused by EVE" because the cube layers seem to remain consistent in the ground, but the reflection appears with black spaces in the sky (atmo, clouds and particles).

I'm wondering, if this can't be solved... can we at least get the reflection without this details (I mean, a reflection of the sky without the clouds)?

LV9J9nll.jpg