BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

How do I get the reflections to work? Is it the cfg in the "Extras" folder? Reading it it looked to me to just add reflections to parts, I only want visor reflections (my visors only show stars, or nothing if I disable them).

Shaw this is awesome! The reflections on the visor are amazing!

But...

Maybe you shouldn't put reflections on the pods and other parts. I don't think they need reflections. What does need reflections are things like windows and maybe engine bells.

Just my opinion.

It's not possible to put reflections on windows only for crew cabin, lab, lander can etc. since those are a single mesh. Anyway, Extras/MM_Reflections.cfg was only meant as an example, not to be used by default. It's been is removed in the lastest version.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I get the reflections to work? Is it the cfg in the "Extras" folder? Reading it it looked to me to just add reflections to parts, I only want visor reflections (my visors only show stars, or nothing if I disable them).

By copying MM_Reflections.cfg (removed in the latest version!) from the Extras folder somewhere to GameData. And you need ModuleManager.

Edited by shaw

By copying MM_Reflections.cfg (removed in the latest version!) from the Extras folder somewhere to GameData. And you need ModuleManager.

Could I have the file in TextureReplacer's folder? I'd rather not add more clutter to my mod folder. :P Why was it removed?

Could I have the file in TextureReplacer's folder? I'd rather not add more clutter to my mod folder. :P Why was it removed?

Of course, this is the most obvious choice, anywhere in GameData/ would do.

- - - Updated - - -

is it possible to dynamically apply a visor tint? So we could switch between a clear faceplate and a "sun visor"?

No.

10chars

where do I extract the Extras folder in the .ZIP file? I downloaded 2.1.96, I'm just wondering...

Nowhere. It includes a few additional configuration files if you want some non-standard functionality. You can copy them to GameData/TextureReplacer/ to enable it, but anywhere inside GameData would do.