[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

Good to know the issue is Realchutes related, thanks.

Looking at the realchutes thread, it seems that chutes which are relying on MM files for their realchute support are not working. I might try adding some alt cfgs for the parachutes, so that they don't require Module manager anymore. Means that there will be an extra installation step for realchute users, but it could fix the problem.

Don't mention it.

I like this mod very much. It's not intrusive and blends well with the whole Kerbal philosophy. It would be cool if there was a cartoon about them actually growing these parts from the ground. :)

My thoughs about the mod:

1° The medium sized fuel tank look a little odd, i think that would be good to make the grey area a little ligther

2° Like RuBisCo said, add a little more window area on Radish Pod.

3° change the position of the RPM monitors on Radish pod, now they are very hard to look at.

4° i think the fuel tanks and engines needs a liiittle tweak on dry mass for balance purposes.

5° the 1.25-1.875 adapter looks a little odd because its so more rustier than the other parts

And my congrats for your work, you filled a great gap in the game with the 1.875 parts and the Spud cockpit looks great! (i only use Radish and Spud)

(ps.: don't mind my bad english.)

Means that there will be an extra installation step for realchute users, but it could fix the problem.

Technically there already an extra step for the model manager files for the other common part packs (NovaPunch, KW Rocketry, KSO... etc) that come with realchutes download files. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Love this Mod BTW. I really just came here to say that. HGRs has become my default part pack I add to my career games now.

Just wanted to stop by and say a big thank you for this! I absolutely love the 1.875 parts, especially the "short & fat" fuel tank philosophy. They make perfect fuel tanks for landers, to keep the center of gravity low to the ground. The engines are also two of my favorites. They fill an "in-between gap" between the starter engines and the Rockomax perfectly. The solar panels that also have antennas... well, all of the mod actually! Thanks again for all your hard work!

I'm having an issue with the solar panels not producing electricity even though they're in direct sunlight. Pic:

t9xv1w.png

Any ideas?

I have 4 sets of 3 solar panels, and when I extend/activate them only one panel of the 12 will produce electricity.

Edit: Just realized these are one-sided! Can't tell by looking at them. Never would have guessed.

Edited by Targa

• 2 weeks later...

I love these parts and I use them a lot. The only problem I'm having is with Crew Manifest/Ship Manifest. It doesn't seem to recognize the 1.875m docking port, i.e., I can't move Kerbals around the vessel. This means I *literally* have to do EVAs!!! Like it's still 1990 or something. Also, while I have you on the phone, are you planning to create a 1.875m NERVA engine? The stock nuclear engine is a bit puny, and the 2.5m one from KW or Novapunch or whoever is a bit of a beast. 1.875 would be the Goldilocks version, I believe.

soyuzdock.jpg

I randomly stumbled across this HGR mod pack and I absolutely love it! It was perfect timing because I've been desperately looking for some Soyuz-based mods for KSP. I've never actually found this one on Steam before. Above is a screen shot of me docking the soy-juice ship to my space station 200,000 meters above the surface of Kerbin. I have to say I absolutely love it as well as the provided pre-made ship to take into orbit. The soyjuice is extremely efficient for traveling in low Kerbin orbit and I think it's going to become a permanent addition to my space station ferries just as the real one (I also have the space shuttle but it's a bit big and clunky to dock!). I'm planning a new mission to Eeloo on my current save so I may try and work one of these command pods into my lander.

My only minor complaint - I had difficulty putting the ferrings on when trying to build the rocket myself. Maybe it's just me as I've always had problems getting those things on from other mod packs. Other than that, awesome mod pack and great job developing it. Very nice you even included the IVA view! This mod is so nice it feels like it should be an official part of the game.

HI everyone, I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I'm still around. I've been really busy IRL and on a bit of a hiatus, but I don't want anyone to worry that the mod is being abandoned or anything like that. I'm going to be trying to ease myself back in to working on the mod again, unfortunately I still don't have a lot of free time atm so my work will be slow.

Thanks for your support everyone! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm having a lot of fun with soyjuice! One little thing I noticed though, it seems like you docking port is blocking the dockingport cam in rpm.

Also, is the docking probe anything other then aesthetic?

Nice work on the proximity radar, I'm glad you're enjoying the juice. To answer your question, the docking probe is only aesthetic and it's what ends up blocking the camera in RPM. If you need or want a docking view, you could use an external camera I suppose. I've even thought of building something like your radar on a hinge with a camera on it to serve as the periscope. (Not a mod part, just built out of existing parts.)

Anyway, it's good to see people are still playing with the mod despite my absence. I've started revamping the fuel tanks, but with a new job and such it will take a long time. I'm not really planning to show anything until it's pretty much finished and in testing.

Trouble would be that either the actual periscope or a "camera on an antenna" would suffer from parallax and wouldn't work for docking alignment - as I recall there's a target on the ISS that is aligned with the periscope so that when it appears aligned in that view the docking ports are aligned. So for it to really work, there would need to be a docking port part for a station which had that target built into it... Seems like a bit much...

Too bad you can't spec the "eyepoint" for that cam and make it just ahead of the port - I've run across other docking ports with the same problem. Something like "A point named a.camview0 (took that naming convention from Trainz which I have made models for) will be the eye point viewed along the Y axis" or maybe being able to spec the view point coordinates in the config file.

Anywho - I'm grateful for whatever you can do, this is a great mod.

I've been practicing my landing precision - landing on land I want to be near the KSC as opposed to "somewhere in the water" with the USA style vessels.

I like your R-7, very Kerbal, but I prefer a combo of your Soyuz with KW Rocketry parts for what I call "Kemyorka 7"

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]

bb1aP9nl.png

[/TD]

[TD]

AjCCh1Dl.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Fully Assembled Soyjuice

with KW Rocketry tanks

[/TD]

[TD]

Exploded View

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have since swapped those Stage 1/2 engines for your 4 Nozzle engine.

Edited by tg626

Anyway, it's good to see people are still playing with the mod despite my absence. I've started revamping the fuel tanks, but with a new job and such it will take a long time. I'm not really planning to show anything until it's pretty much finished and in testing.

Hey Orion! Glad to hear you are starting to get back into it! No rush man, you do great work and I am excited to see what you come up with.

Hate to be that guy, but is this working in .25?

... mines currently been stuck loading an HGR part for five minutes in 0.25, not sure if HGR is to blame as I have several mods but it is stuck on this particular one (that's why I just got on this forum actually to see if anyone else was having this issue):

Untitled.jpg

@Sedativechunk: two thing I would try is loading the game in 32-bit and/or check to make sure your HGR instal path is correct.

@WissNX01: from what others have told me, the mod should still be working, except a bug with .25 that is apparently effecting TGA textures and some may not load. The plug ins I'm unsure of.

I'm going to try and get a basic functionality update out this weekend if I can.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.