[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

Hello, I've been using HGR for a while now and really love it. The 1.875m form factor fits in very nicely with everything I do. That said, I've been craving a viable gemini-style capsule that will fit on top of a 1.875m rocket. I saw your other project and after a bit of math and then a bit more math I got out the hammers and whipped this up with some cfg bending. This is just kit-bashed together. I'm hoping that some day (perhaps soon) I'll have a proper gemini-style capsule and service module that will fit on a 1.875m rocket.

DqWqIfzl.png

Orionkermin, please help! I've been using your mod on 0.25 and it was working fine, but all of a sudden, now the inline chutes can only decouple. Theres no parachute icon in staging, and manual actiongroups dont work either. I'm not using realchutes, so do you know what could be done to resolve this?

Orionkermin, please help! I've been using your mod on 0.25 and it was working fine, but all of a sudden, now the inline chutes can only decouple. Theres no parachute icon in staging, and manual actiongroups dont work either. I'm not using realchutes, so do you know what could be done to resolve this?

Hmm, have you tried deleting and re-installing the mod? Also when you right click on the parts do they still let you deploy the chutes?

Thanks ofr getting back! Just have to say, this is my favorite mod in all of ksp. Very beautiful work!

Hmm, have you tried deleting and re-installing the mod? Also when you right click on the parts do they still let you deploy the chutes?

Tried re-installing but the problem remains. Right clicking only shows a "decouple" option. Here's what my gamedata folder looks like:

DLHCt8Cl.png

Thanks ofr getting back! Just have to say, this is my favorite mod in all of ksp. Very beautiful work!

Tried re-installing but the problem remains. Right clicking only shows a "decouple" option. Here's what my gamedata folder looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/DLHCt8Cl.png

OK, I cant guarantee this will fix the problem but I noticed you have more than one copy of ModuleManager.dll, you should delete the extras and only keep the most recent one. (2.5.1 in this case) When you have more than one it can cause a lot of weird problems. It's something to watch out for when installing a lot of mods, a lot of them bundle it and if they have different version numbers you wont get a warning. So give that a try and let me know if it fixes things.

OK, I cant guarantee this will fix the problem but I noticed you have more than one copy of ModuleManager.dll, you should delete the extras and only keep the most recent one. (2.5.1 in this case) When you have more than one it can cause a lot of weird problems. It's something to watch out for when installing a lot of mods, a lot of them bundle it and if they have different version numbers you wont get a warning. So give that a try and let me know if it fixes things.

Cleaned the redundant MM files but still no chutes :(

Hello, I've been using HGR for a while now and really love it. The 1.875m form factor fits in very nicely with everything I do. That said, I've been craving a viable gemini-style capsule that will fit on top of a 1.875m rocket. I saw your other project and after a bit of math and then a bit more math I got out the hammers and whipped this up with some cfg bending. This is just kit-bashed together. I'm hoping that some day (perhaps soon) I'll have a proper gemini-style capsule and service module that will fit on a 1.875m rocket.

http://i.imgur.com/DqWqIfzl.png

For 'bashing' I think it looks pretty good. Do you have a version that can be downloaded and played / tested with?

I was able to replicate the issue with the broken chutes in .90! Looks like theres some conflict with Tantares' pack. I only use it for a few antennas, and the chutes stopped working after i deleted some of the parts i didn't use. Problem was fixed after deleting Tantares' cfg third-party mod compatibility cfg files.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for making such an awesome part series! Im beginning to get into modding myself, and will be trying to build a tks decent capsule in the same style to fit 1.875m, seeing as how making a tks ship out of stock diameters is pretty much impossible.

I was able to replicate the issue with the broken chutes in .90! Looks like theres some conflict with Tantares' pack. I only use it for a few antennas, and the chutes stopped working after i deleted some of the parts i didn't use. Problem was fixed after deleting Tantares' cfg third-party mod compatibility cfg files.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for making such an awesome part series! Im beginning to get into modding myself, and will be trying to build a tks decent capsule in the same style to fit 1.875m, seeing as how making a tks ship out of stock diameters is pretty much impossible.

Hmm what a weird compatibility issue! Glad you got it fixed, though. Out of curiositiy, you don't like the Tantares TKS? Isn't it 1.875m or is it 2.5?

The Tantares TKS is the perfect size, (I use the 1.875 cargo bay part on everything), but in my humble opinion the capsule is a little short compared to the Kerbals' big helmets. I understand that its probably true to its scale, so I can see the challenge. BTW thank you x100 Beale for the modding tutorial!

Nice! that's definitely a use for the spud I've never seen before. :)

Welp...

I cant seem to find the shenzhou's OM

Which subcategory is it in?

If you mean in the VAB then it should be in command. (It has a probe core)

It's under command in the file structure.

If it isn't spawning double check that the mod is installed correctly as it uses file paths to share texture with the "Onion" and it wont spawn if it can't find the textures. The mod should show up as such: YourKSPInstall>GameData>HGR>Parts>Etc....

Hi, can I just ask if there's a reason my onion module is pea green instead of white? I don't know if this is an alternate colour or something, or if I've messed up installation, but the module still has the details like the grey frame and the scrapes etc

This definately sounds like an installation problem. The green texture is an alternate version that is included with the zip but isn't bundled with the main installation. I would sugest deleting HGR and re-installing. Make sure to only extract the correct files rather than the whole zip file. Check out the readme in the zip file or the first post for installation instructions. Let me know if this fixes the issue you're having. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I need an confirmation that this mod works fine in v0.9 because I might use it on a new mission.

It seems to be working fine. The only reason I haven't updated is because I'm working on a reboot.

If you're worried you could delete the plug ins as this update didn't break basic parts. The plug ins are only there for convenience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.