[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

So I'll most likely be making the dev version into the first 1.0 release of HGR tomorrow. I haven't really gotten any major negative feedback yet, so this will at least make a good 1.0 compatibility update. I know that there is still more testing to perform, more balancing to tweak and other mod support to update. All this will come in a future patch/ update.

You've got till around this time tomorrow to voice concerns or issues with the current dev build. :) Thanks for all the help so far everyone.

A mod dev missed his own self-set deadline

Everyone panic

:sticktongue: I did say most likely. I wanted to make sure all the textures get converted to DDS format before I upload it. I got home late from work so hasn't happened yet today.

Nice! Fits really well with the stock game. Can (I really mean "will") you make an opaque 1.875m decoupler instead of the frame-like one?

The RCS thrusters look a bit buried into whatever they attach to. They might require some tweaking.

Edited by void_error

Nice! Fits really well with the stock game. Can (I really mean "will") you make an opaque decoupler instead of the frame-like one?

The RCS thrusters look a bit buried into whatever they attach to. They might require some tweaking.

Check in the structural tab, there's a more standard style decoupler there. It's pretty flat so it's easy to miss. The frame style one is really just meant for the SoyJuice (Soyuz)

Check in the structural tab, there's a more standard style decoupler there. It's pretty flat so it's easy to miss. The frame style one is really just meant for the SoyJuice (Soyuz)

I was actually referring to the one meant for the Soyuz... it'd look better with a non-frame style one.

Oh, and the Soyuz solar panels are a slightly different shade of blue, something like dark cyan, the current color is a bit off...

Edited by void_error

I was actually referring to the one meant for the Soyuz... it'd look better with a non-frame style one.

Oh yea, I'm planning to redo the whole thing at some point. The whole soyjuice is slightly out of scale with the rest of the mod. It's a holdover from before I realized I wanted to make the mod focus on 1.875m diameter parts. Back when I was just sort of doing "whatever." :D

Edit: I should mention that by using the editor gizmos, you could probably use the standard decoupler with the soyjuice. It should still work fine that way.

Edited by Orionkermin

Oh yea, I'm planning to redo the whole thing at some point. The whole soyjuice is slightly out of scale with the rest of the mod. It's a holdover from before I realized I wanted to make the mod focus on 1.875m diameter parts. Back when I was just sort of doing "whatever." :D

Edit: I should mention that by using the editor gizmos, you could probably use the standard decoupler with the soyjuice. It should still work fine that way.

I guess I could clone and resize a standard decoupler...

I'd be willing to update it. I like that your parts are more proportional than Tantares.

I'd like to see that, for the same reason. I like Tantares also, but 1.25m seems too narrow for what they do (and 2.5 of course is pointlessly large).

I miss being able to use the Spud and Radish and all the fun toys here.

Anyone else have problems with nodes?

I just tried career in 1.02 (linux) and cant attach spud to anything, same with small parachute. Smal les can be somehow attached radially, but not using its node.

I just tried career in 1.02 (linux) and cant attach spud to anything, same with small parachute. Smal les can be somehow attached radially, but not using its node.

The version linked in the OP isn't updated for 1.0 yet. You need to use the dev version

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-25-HGR-Command-Pods-and-1-875m-parts%28v1-1-Oct-20%29?p=1901239&viewfull=1#post1901239

Anyone else have problems with nodes?

If you're having any trouble getting attach nodes to work, you can now use the debug menu (ALT-F12), and select 'Non-Strict Part Attachment Orientation Checks'. That fixes most of the problems.

OK. First update of 1.0 is up on the OP.

I'm positive there will need to be more patches in the near future and I will continue to work on the balance. I know I need to look at all the heat stuff for sure.

I didn't get a chance to add in craft files, but I will in the next update.

I've only really been playing around with the Radish so far, but I've noticed something.

The Radish has a much lower heat limit than the other pods, but isn't destroyed by re-entry, and the ablator resource isn't used up.

Other than that, these parts make career mode much much more varied and interesting

Edited by jfull

I've only really been playing around with the Radish so far, but I've noticed something.

The Radish has a much lower heat limit than the other pods, but isn't destroyed by re-entry, and the ablator resource isn't used up.

Other than that, these parts make career mode much much more varied and interesting

Yup, heating still needs to be looked at in much more detail. Since it's a pretty new system there's a lot to work out. Things weren't breaking from it, so I've put it off in favor of more immediate concerns for this update.

I noticed the same thing with the Radish, it could be entirely possible that pods can't have ablator and work properly in the stock heating system. It will require more testing and experimentation.

One more thing, the adapter/decoupler for the radish has a lighting problem

vbP96oZ.png

I don't know terminology when it comes to textures, but it looks like the... normal map(?) is rotated by 90 degrees.

Anyway, it gave me an excuse to show off my cute little Mun mission :D

One more thing, the adapter/decoupler for the radish has a lighting problem

http://i.imgur.com/vbP96oZ.png

I don't know terminology when it comes to textures, but it looks like the... normal map(?) is rotated by 90 degrees.

Anyway, it gave me an excuse to show off my cute little Mun mission :D

Dang it! Didn't catch that, I must of messed somthing up switching to DDS. I'll fix it tomorrow.

That lander is especially adorable, I like it a lot!

OK, fixed the bug with that texture. I also removed ModuleSAS from the manned pods. It allowed an exploit where non-pilots could fly with SAS on.

Ack!

I wondered what was causing this for myself too for a while, on all manner of parts.

Now it seems so obvious!

Cheers! :)

Question: Do HGR engines actually gimble?

I'm having problems with HGR and the new FAR. Rocket designs that I've use for a very long time under FAR and RSS are now completely unstable. But they are stable when using non-HGR engines of similar size. I'm not exactly new to KSP, FAR or HGR. I know what should and does fly. So I tried upping the gimble ranges but saw no difference whatsoever, even with silly ranges like 15 or 40. Then I noticed the exaust plumes of HGR engines don't move like other engines. The don't seem to move ... full stop. I've reinstalled eveything and am currently poking around in the cfgs to no end. Am I alone in noticing this?

I'm having problems with HGR and the new FAR. Rocket designs that I've use for a very long time under FAR and RSS are now completely unstable. But they are stable when using non-HGR engines of similar size. I'm not exactly new to KSP, FAR or HGR. I know what should and does fly. So I tried upping the gimble ranges but saw no difference whatsoever, even with silly ranges like 15 or 40. Then I noticed the exaust plumes of HGR engines don't move like other engines. The don't seem to move ... full stop. I've reinstalled eveything and am currently poking around in the cfgs to no end. Am I alone in noticing this?

They USED to gimbal. Maybe something broke between editions, I will investigate on my end at the earliest possible chance. (Had to go in to work today, hooray for six day week!)

- - - Updated - - -

They USED to gimbal. Maybe something broke between editions, I will investigate on my end at the earliest possible chance. (Had to go in to work today, hooray for six day week!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.