[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

Has anyone worked out what the problem with the green Soy-Juice capsule is? It's a guaranteed graphics crash.

Looking through the configs in the 1.3.0 .zip, it looks like SoyJuiceG.cfg is missing a 'scale = 1' (under asset parameters, right before 'rescaleFactor = 1'). I'd imagine the engine crapping out when told to rescale something it doesn't know the base scale of.

Can't test from this PC, but I'd consider it a likely candidate for the source of the problem.

Edit: Tested, that wasn't it. Still getting

[LOG 17:46:57.446] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

spam before camera cuts out after about 25 seconds.

Edited by Twurtz
tested stuff

Looking through the configs in the 1.3.0 .zip, it looks like SoyJuiceG.cfg is missing a 'scale = 1' (under asset parameters, right before 'rescaleFactor = 1'). I'd imagine the engine crapping out when told to rescale something it doesn't know the base scale of.

Can't test from this PC, but I'd consider it a likely candidate for the source of the problem.

Edit: Tested, that wasn't it. Still getting

[LOG 17:46:57.446] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

spam before camera cuts out after about 25 seconds.

Thanks. I got a black screen and had no idea what it could be. Will go back to the silver Soy Juice

Hey, where's the author of this mod? It's 3 versions out of date (still compatible, just needs the version settings to be bumped), but it's so good...

No doubt; between this and Corvus, if 1.05 has issues with either I'm not updating. Between the perfect Korolev cross and the awesome sound if you have acceleration limiting enabled, it's a big part of what I like about KSP.

Thanks. I got a black screen and had no idea what it could be. Will go back to the silver Soy Juice

Hi, I'm not sure if you are still having this problem. I had no problems using the green soyjuice but I did a search and it seems like it could be a RPM issue? I do not use RPM so maybe that's why it does not happen to me.

here's some relevant info

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-1-0-2-HGR-1-875m-parts%28v1-3-0-released%29?p=2000726&highlight=green#post2000726

Edited by orangewarning

Hi, I'm not sure if you are still having this problem. I had no problems using the green soyjuice but I did a search and it seems like it could be a RPM issue? I do not use RPM so maybe that's why it does not happen to me.

here's some relevant info

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-1-0-2-HGR-1-875m-parts%28v1-3-0-released%29?p=2000726&highlight=green#post2000726

A couple of posts down, Orionkermin explains what the specific problem is -- the file HGR/Spaces/SoyInt/internal2_RPM.txt should be a .cfg file.

here's a summary of the various fixes/changes i've been able to scrape from this thread, if that helps. I've compiled them into a MM cfg, with attribution:

// tank cost reduction by Kerbas_ad_astra
// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-1-0-2-HGR-1-875m-parts%28v1-3-0-released%29?p=2256768&viewfull=1#post2256768
@PART[HGR_Small_Tank,HGR_Normal_Tank,HGR_Large_Tank,HGR_Huge_Tank]
{
	@cost /= 2
}

// AntennaRnage patch by Kerbas_ad_astra
// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-1-0-2-HGR-1-875m-parts%28v1-3-0-released%29?p=2256768&viewfull=1#post2256768
@PART[HGRSolarPanels1]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@name = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter
		nominalRange = 6364
		simpleRange = 20500000
		maxPowerFactor = 8
		maxDataFactor = 4
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceContainer
		dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false
		storageRange = 2
	}
}

// fairing size mass reduction by fatbrother
// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-1-0-2-HGR-1-875m-parts%28v1-3-0-released%29?p=2091225&viewfull=1#post2091225
@PART[fairingSize1.5]
{
	@mass = 0.1 // down from 0.2, qv 1.25 = 0.075, 2.5 = 0.175
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		@UnitAreaMass = 0.0175 // down from 0.1, qv 1.25 = 0.015, 2.5 = 0.02
	}
}

// add science lab to Onion by rasta013 & Kerbas_ad_astra
// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-1-0-2-HGR-1-875m-parts%28v1-3-0-released%29?p=2000320&viewfull=1#post2000320
@PART[OnionNew]:HAS[!ModuleScienceLab]:FIRST
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceLab
		containerModuleIndex = 0
		dataStorage = 350
		crewsRequired = 1
		canResetConnectedModules = True
		canResetNearbyModules = True
		interactionRange = 4
		SurfaceBonus = 0.1
		ContextBonus = 0.25
		homeworldMultiplier = 0.1
		RESOURCE_PROCESS
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			amount = 10
		}
	}
}

// add KIS inventory to SoyLima by ZentroCatson & Kerbas_ad_astra
// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-1-0-2-HGR-1-875m-parts%28v1-3-0-released%29?p=2011785&viewfull=1#post2011785
@PART[Lima]:NEEDS[KIS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISInventory
		maxVolume = 1000
		externalAccess = true
		internalAccess = true
		slotsX = 4
		slotsY = 4
		slotSize = 50
		itemIconResolution = 128
		selfIconResolution = 128
		openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
		closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
		defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
	}
}

// SoyJuice retro rockets fix by pacbard
// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-1-0-2-HGR-1-875m-parts%28v1-3-0-released%29?p=2014580&viewfull=1#post2014580
@PART[Soy-Juice]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		engineID = LES
		powerEffectName = running_closed
		@fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.25
	}
}

Edited by speedwaystar

@PART[Leek]:HAS[!ModuleScienceLab]:FIRST
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceLab
		containerModuleIndex = 0
		dataStorage = 400
		crewsRequired = 1
		interactionRange = 5
		SurfaceBonus = 0.1
		ContextBonus = 0.25
		RESOURCE_PROCESS
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			amount = 10
		}
	}
}

Edited by speedwaystar

// Speedwaystar's RemoteTech patch for HGRSolarPanels
// omni antenna, ranges = 100km undeployed and 1500km deployed
@PART[HGRSolarPanels1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FIRST
{
	!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}
	%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
	{
		%Mode0OmniRange = 100000
		%Mode1OmniRange = 1500000
		%EnergyCost = 0.05
		%DeployFxModules = 0
		%TRANSMITTER
		{
			%PacketInterval = 0.4
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 12.0
		}
	}
	%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

// OPTIONAL:
// make multiple deployed omni antennas act as one slightly larger antenna
// (remotetech optional rule)
@RemoteTechSettings:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FINAL
{
	@MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 1
}

Edited by speedwaystar
new bbs

This mod is incredibly great and I want to thank author for it (and also the other author's creations). I hope the things that keeping author from updating it are good ones Oh, sorry, I have some troubles with expressing my thoughts. Just, you know. Wish Oreionkermin best.

[quote name='JPL1980']How do you add MM config patches? I've never done it before.[/QUOTE]

You make a text file with the patch, call it whatever_you_like.cfg, and drop it somewhere in your GameData folder. Anywhere will do, but I've got a "ZZZ_Unofficial_Patches" folder set aside just for them, so they don't get forgotten.

• 2 weeks later...

Really love this cool mods. Both HGR and HGR redux. It has so many cool and useful parts, I mean every part is unique and functional.

One minor note - if @Orionkermin you will ever come back to modding, may be it worth to bump up texture resolution a bit. I like the textures as they, they are great, great work!... But now with all that porkjet stock parts and ven's revamp the resolution looks bit out of date. However I will use the mod anyway, every single part (LES, small inline chute, capsules, boosters, 1,875 size tanks) is so cool.

Seriously, HGR is one of my favorite.

What I would do for updating this mod:

1) Make default chutes parameters like stock ones. I mean 500m full chute deployment is bit... too late for 1.0.5
2) Add ablator amount for capsules and move COM so they will be stable on descent. Now I use 1,25 heat shield scaled to 1,5m for radish - it helps not to die in 1.0.5 :)
3) Spud capsule needs integrated chute (like USI Derp pod) because conic chute lloks plain silly on it. However as it is, spud is cool capsule for lander.

By the way Daikon Service module has a bug - whenever you go back to launched vehicle (from space centre or loading from game save), Daikon Service module decouples and fly away at kraken speed. If not on surface, it just warp out of the universe...

Also, soyz style solar panels work only on 1 side, is it intended? It's hard to tell which side is working and which is not by visuals.....

Still , GREAT mod, I really appreciate it!

Edited by evileye.x

Thanks to all who have been working to keep this mod going... I, like so many others, enjoy its parts.

IF possible, can someone create / edit / magic some config or new part to create a black 'onion' type part to work as progress module?

When the files were pre .dds, i had a chance, but not with these...

Again, not a required need, just something that would make mod more complete for me.

thanks. to all.

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Both the HGR_Leek and the OnionNew throw exceptions in the VAB, the latter kiling the right click menu until the VAB is reloaded.

the exception appears to be caused by having a ModuleScienceConverter without a ModuleScienceLab. ModuleManager patches fixing this problem are extracted below.

note that containerModuleIndex = <n> *must* match the exact Module index of the ModuleScienceContainer in the part, otherwise another, different exception will be thrown and the Science Lab won't work. beware of other ModuleManager patches which insert modules thus changing the ModuleScienceContainer index. note to Squad: please don't hard-code module numbers in parts, kthx. :D

for the Leek:

@PART[HGR_Leek]:HAS[!ModuleScienceLab]:FIRST
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceLab
		containerModuleIndex = 1 // MUST match the Module index of ModuleScienceContainer
		dataStorage = 350
		crewsRequired = 1
		interactionRange = 4
		SurfaceBonus = 0.1
		ContextBonus = 0.25
		RESOURCE_PROCESS
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			amount = 10
		}
	}
}

and for the OnionNew:

@PART[OnionNew]:HAS[!ModuleScienceLab]:FIRST
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceLab
		containerModuleIndex = 1 // MUST match the Module index of ModuleScienceContainer
		dataStorage = 350
		crewsRequired = 1
		interactionRange = 4
		SurfaceBonus = 0.1
		ContextBonus = 0.25
		RESOURCE_PROCESS
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			amount = 10
		}
	}
}

props to @rasta013 and @Kerbas_ad_astra for originally spotting that these parts need a ModuleScienceLab added and @Starwaster for this illuminating post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/63532-science-lab-module-migration-problem/&do=findComment&comment=966816

Edited by speedwaystar

One more patch to toss onto the pile: the adapter tanks are lighter than stockalike fuel tanks really ought to be.  I could forgive the small adapter for being ~15% too light if it were the only part with an abnormal mass, but the big adapter is ~40% of what a tank of its capacity ought to weigh, so they're getting patched.

@PART[HGR_1875_125_Tank]:FIRST
{
	@mass = 0.15625
}

@PART[HGR_1875_250_Tank]:FIRST
{
	@mass = 0.68125
}

They probably ought to hold more fuel as well -- calculating the parts' volumes and comparing to other tanks, 400 units would be appropriate for the smaller (vs. 250) and 1200 units for the larger (vs. 1090) -- but I'll leave that for @Orionkermin to decide for the next release.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

• 2 weeks later...
On 2015-11-11 at 8:36 PM, Kagame said:

Hey, where's the author of this mod? It's 3 versions out of date (still compatible, just needs the version settings to be bumped), but it's so good...

Well, it's January and he hasn't been on the forums since October, so it is looking like this mod is going to die. Which makes me sad. :(

I tried sending him a message to see if he would be willing to turn it over to someone to keep it current but given he hasn't visited the forum in months, I doubt he'll read it any time soon. And given his legal terms for the mod state "All rights reserved -Permission to redistribute on CKAN" that doesn't leave any option to take it on without his express permission. So about all we can do is create MM configs to keep it up to date.

So looking back over the last 2 pages I'm seeing a lot of MM config's to keep this going, but I'm confused as to which one's I need to be using...  

If I'm installing this mod fresh, is it OK to take all the various MM configs above and put them into 1 fix.cfg file  (I really like your suggestion of a "zzz_unofficialfixes" folder, I'm going to steal that idea :)  )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.