[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

Yes I suffered brain failure in my rush to get the desperately needed Radish pod back into my game. I should have checked Kerbas's Community fixes. Or posted it there if there wasn't any sign of a 1.1 patch being worked on. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all.

Ok, here is a strange one, at least for me.

In 1.1.2, when reentering with my SoyJuice, all is fine.  Actually, too fine..

my pod slows down to 50 m/sec with no chutes popped out.

H'mmm, vessel mass showing  3.726 t and all look normal, just is wants to float in the atmosphere.

Any ideas????

I will get logs and other info together for support, but i just wanted to ask ..

Cheers. and thanks.

Ok, found problem to be in the DRAG_CUBE entry for the soi pod's.

I commented it out, added a mass entry of .32 tons and now pod is behaving normally.

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro
found answer

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2016 at 0:49 AM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

It's absolutely possible* -- I know it's done with KW's community fixes.  I also know KW went through some growing pains when setting up that situation, and since I don't use CKAN, I feel no particular incentive to start the process myself and risk the fallout landing on my head.  :)  I'll offer advice if someone chooses to prod the CKAN folks into indexing my mod, but I'm not going to spend any time on it unless and until that happens.  We'll see if 1.1 dislodges enough of my beloved cruft mods to drive me to CKAN.

* Edit to clarify to @CobaltWolf: What would be necessary to get what @Bored971 wants is to modify the CKAN metadata so that HGR depends on my fixes and vice versa.  They already have permission from @Orionkermin to distribute HGR; Bored971 just wants it to be arranged such that my fixes come with it as a package deal.

Speaking as the one maintaining KW, this is what would need to be done:

1. Put the community fixes into a place where they are available, either Spacedock, Github or both
  2. Create a .netkan file for the fixes.  The netkan would require the HGR as a dependency using a "depends" stanza
  3. Then, when installing the community fixes, HGR would get installed automatically.

I would be willing to help if there is an interest.  There is an issue with the fact that HGR is listed as version 1.0.2 on Spacedock, but it is solvable, I might need to reach out to the CKAN people for some help with that.

FYI, the original KW fixes have been rolled together with KW to be a new release:  KWRocketryRedux.  Too bad @Orionkermin isn't around to give  permission for that to be done with this as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone, I can't believe it's been as long as it has. Seems the older I get the more time gets away from me...

While I'm in no position to come back to this project, I have at the request of a few people that reached out to me, changed the license to CC-BY-SA. It makes me happy to see that after so long people are still passionate about this. 

I wish you all the best in all of your endeavors!

P.S. I've also updated the licensing for my other Corvus project if anyone is interested in doing anything with it.

4 hours ago, Orionkermin said:

Hello everyone, I can't believe it's been as long as it has. Seems the older I get the more time gets away from me...

While I'm in no position to come back to this project, I have at the request of a few people that reached out to me, changed the license to CC-BY-SA. It makes me happy to see that after so long people are still passionate about this. 

I wish you all the best in all of your endeavors!

P.S. I've also updated the licensing for my other Corvus project if anyone is interested in doing anything with it.

Thank you!!!!!

On 9/3/2016 at 8:37 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Not if I have anything to say about it:

Are you going to adopt the mod, now that he changed the license?

• 7 months later...

I know this is a zombie thread, but is there a complete and central thread that includes everything?    Its unclear if the links above to the community fixes actually includes a complete rebuild and a re-release. I don't see one there, just a lot of chunks here and there.  Perhaps a new thread which can pull in that thread, this one, and any other stray threads for HGR.  Just post in the other threads and link to the new one.

• 2 years later...
On 3/10/2020 at 11:16 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

isn't that just patches? I was going to include it all in one new release.

no - its a full adoption it seems. wonder why @Kerbas_ad_astra didn't post a link in this thread.

wonder if @Kerbas_ad_astra would mind me adopting the adopted? and merge it all into one big modern mess. :D

No, it's not just patches.  It was before (models were all-rights-reserved), but after I got Orion's permission, I (with @linuxgurugamer's help) merged the patches in and bundled it all together.  Is it not working for KSP 1.9?  I haven't had the chance to check yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.