[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

Hello, welcome to Home Grown Rocket parts, a healthy alternative for your part needs.

This mod features many Stock alike command pods and an all new diameter of parts. My pods are mostly inspired by real world spacecraft and given a Kerbalized twist. The 1.875m parts in the pack allow for you to build medium sized rockets, for those times when the standard tanks are too small and rockomax is too big. The tanks are themed liked the Soyuz and Long March rockets, giving your space agency an all new feel. There's also a few odds and ends thrown in for good measure. These parts have been balanced for career mode.

bddXHa5.jpg?1

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Make sure you delete any old HGR content before updating to a new version.

Merge the included GameData file with the one in your KSP directory.

You MUST install HGR & HGR_Redux into gamedata or many parts will not load. The Filepath should be: KerbalSpaceProgram>GameData>HGR

Warning If you are upgrading from an older version it is always advised to back up your save files first to avoid any mishaps.

DOWNLOAD Curse: HGR_V1.3.0

DOWNLOAD Kerbal stuff: HGR_V1.3.0

Version 1.2.1

-Fixed a bug with the Radish decoupler's texture

-Removed ModuleSAS from the pods that should not have an autopilot

Version 1.2.0

-KSP 1.0 compatibility update

Bundled Plug-ins:

-Removed for better stability

Supported mods: (Requires the latest version of Module Manager)

-Mod support will return in future updates

Legal stuff:

CC-BY-SA  (As of 4/25/2017, Please ignore legal section of the readme) -Permission to redistribute on CKAN

Edited by Orionkermin
Update

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. I've only just started learning how to create and texture 3d objects in the last month or so and I'm mostly using various online tutorials. I plan to update as I get better, but its something that takes a lot of practice so it could be slow going for now.

@Camacha

Unfortunately in order to fit both kerbals into the IVA side by side the pod has to stick out a bit. The Mk1 Lander Can sticks out a little too and usually looks fine, so I figured it wouldn't be too big of an issue.

Actually, with the tapered back it looks fine to me, kind of like a cross between an Atlas V's fairings and a Gemini pod. If your going for stock-alike tough I would dull down the colour of the windows and fade out the edges of the panelling a bit. That would make this pretty much the best pod ever, and would work great with the ASET ALCOR.

Actually, with the tapered back it looks fine to me, kind of like a cross between an Atlas V's fairings and a Gemini pod. If your going for stock-alike tough I would dull down the colour of the windows and fade out the edges of the panelling a bit. That would make this pretty much the best pod ever, and would work great with the ASET ALCOR.

I agree. I also think that you should really consider adding RasterProp's glass cockpit support.

I agree.

I do not fully agree, as the shape might cause some problems by adding drag at the top of the rocket. The pod looks good though, so maybe that an equally wide service module can make things just right.

Edited by Camacha

While you've done a great job with making a capsule, I don't really feel that it's very stockalike - it feels more like the old style of the stock parts. It could use some work on the textures, but the IVA and the model looks really great.

Actually, due to the tapered back end the drag increase would be minimal in FAR, and Wouldn't make much of a difference in the long run.

Only when it is subtly tapering. (Moderately) abrupt tapering causes drag and other trouble.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.