[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

I'm having a weird issue with both the example craft provided in version.24(x64), where mid-flight the camera shifts down the craft and the rockets g meter goes crazy, the camera goes so far out eventually that you can't even see the rocket anymore. another issue is that the landing pod for the soy-juice and shen-soup wont separate from the orbital connected vessel. Otherwise excellent update, the parts look and perform well!!

I'm having a weird issue with both the example craft provided in version.24(x64), where mid-flight the camera shifts down the craft and the rockets g meter goes crazy, the camera goes so far out eventually that you can't even see the rocket anymore. another issue is that the landing pod for the soy-juice and shen-soup wont separate from the orbital connected vessel. Otherwise excellent update, the parts look and perform well!!

Oh! Knowing me I forgot to add an action group to decouple the orbital module. The inline chute is also a decoupler so if you right click, you can decouple it.

Re. 64bit: Unfortunately the buggy-ness goes beyond just the mod and unfortunately it will take time to guarantee 100% stability for this version. YMMV.

Oh! Knowing me I forgot to add an action group to decouple the orbital module. The inline chute is also a decoupler so if you right click, you can decouple it.

Re. 64bit: Unfortunately the buggy-ness goes beyond just the mod and unfortunately it will take time to guarantee 100% stability for this version. YMMV.

Thats fine. so i guess its just a decoupler bug with overall 64bit (because it just did not decouple with clicking 'decouple'). I'm going to test more later today, and then download the 32bit version to compare. Thanks for the reply though

Erm.... I just went to download the v1.0 package using the links on the 1st page/1st post, and it seems to have beta content. Is that intentional?

You mean like the new pods and parts? They were always intended to brought over, the beta is just a test bed. The files should be organized well enough that deleting unwanted parts will be easy enough.

For instance if you only want the O'l radish, you get rid of everything else except the radish, it's decoupler, and the daikon service module. (There's no longer auto-shrouds for FAR reasons)

Edited by Orionkermin

Hey, I think the solar panels in the pack are only working on one side, even though they look double-sided. Is this intentional?

Yea they unfortunately only work from one side and due to symmetry I had to make them appear two sided. I'm hoping to find a way to get them to work as two sided panels in the future. I haven't quite figured out how to get the game to allow this yet, though.

My suggestion would be to make a 1.875m docking port. Some what like the ones on the ISS.

Aye, I'd certainly like to add a docking port and even a cylindrical habitat. I have a reaction wheel and RCS tanks modeled already, but they need to be mapped and textured. I won't get to work on anything until I get home from vacation however. :)

Re. The solar panel:

Adding a left and right version is a possibility, as is simply making a more modern Soyuz styled panel that would only need 1 version. I'll have to investigate and discuss the possibilities when I'm free to work on this again.

Yea the 1.875 size is perfect for making nice hourglass shaped small rockets that I like to make, and nice looking models as well if not even too overly complex.

One critique I have though is that some of the parts are a bit OP, such as the 1.875 "longwalk" fuel tank and engines. That tank holds A LOT of fuel for its size and the engines are far superior than stock without any real drawback. I noticed this especially in a new career mode where your parts come comparably early and pretty much make obsolete everything. Not sure about any of the other parts off the top of my head or even if you really care about balance, but thats my 2c.

The new engine from the base game suffers from the same problem of just being way too OP though, so meh.

This one:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Kerbodyne_KR-2L_Advanced_Engine

Edited by RSF77

Honestly I feel like the tanks and engines are well enough balanced and everything is base on stock stuff. For instance the biggest engine in my pack is the G120 and stat-wise it's exactly half a mainsail with a higher heat production and unlocks 1 teir earlier. The "long walk" is at least taller than the equivalent 2.5m tank and has the same mass/cost ect. If my stuff seems OP you should really blame SQUAD's recent changes and buffs to all the 2.5m engines.

Edited by Orionkermin

It's all good, I just caught myself using your stuff a lot because it was better than anything I had unlocked. I just started a new career mode though so that might be just because I didn't have anything else researched yet, 1.875 size parts are kind of odd to place on the tech tree anyways I could imagine.

I made my post above about the engine mainly because it beats the base game skipper (a larger engine, based on width I guess) fairly well, which comes on the tech tree at or about the same time, so I had no reason to use the skipper at all unless I just had no choice on the size transition. Yours is of course longer and a quad(or 5?) engine setup, though I'm not a rocket scientist or anything in that regard, maybe it was just so badass it seemed OP to me.

As far as the tank goes, it just seemed like it to me I didn't make any volume calculations or anything.

That was my rational anyways, or lack of it. :)

Regardless, the parts look great and I'm looking forward to whatever else you make.

Edited by RSF77

It's all good, I just caught myself using your stuff a lot because it was better than anything I had unlocked. I just started a new career mode though so that might be just because I didn't have anything else researched yet, 1.875 size parts are kind of odd to place on the tech tree anyways I could imagine.

I made my post above about the engine mainly because it beats the base game skipper (a larger engine, based on width I guess) fairly well, which comes on the tech tree at or about the same time, so I had no reason to use the skipper at all unless I just had no choice on the size transition.

As far as the tank goes, it just seemed like it to me I didn't make any volume calculations or anything.

That was my rational anyways, or lack of it. :)

No worries I hope I didn't come across as hostile or anything. I had hoped that the extra efficiency and gimbal of the skipper would even things out. Maybe giving the G120 a price bump will help.

Here's the (pretty early career) rocket designs I made based around your engines:

O9w4mFn.png

PXKHH4r.png

BCk8q1f.png

The last pic here was my first mun lander for this career, believe it or not it fit inside that fairing. I guess I started thinking that engine was OP because it lifted all of that all by itself like a boss, no SRBs or anything.

You can see my affinity for hourglass shaped rockets. :)

Edited by RSF77

I'm here to report a bug. When I use the new orbital modules, the rocket explodes to pieces at 6076 m, as if it hits a ceiling. The main part from which the flight is controlled is gone, and the modules survive. The whole rocket becomes a confetti of parts.

The problem is gone once I remove new HGR components in VAB.

I'm using 32-bit KSP.

I'm here to report a bug. When I use the new orbital modules, the rocket explodes to pieces at 6076 m, as if it hits a ceiling. The main part from which the flight is controlled is gone, and the modules survive. The whole rocket becomes a confetti of parts.

The problem is gone once I remove new HGR components in VAB.

I'm using 32-bit KSP.

Hmm, well that's a new one. I'll have to do some testing to try and reproduce the bug. By any chance are you using RealChutes?

The problem is gone after I launch the thing without any RealChutes on the vehicle.

Good to know the issue is Realchutes related, thanks.

Looking at the realchutes thread, it seems that chutes which are relying on MM files for their realchute support are not working. I might try adding some alt cfgs for the parachutes, so that they don't require Module manager anymore. Means that there will be an extra installation step for realchute users, but it could fix the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.