[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

hi,

first of all : WONDERFUL! this is one of the parts pack that I bothered install on my already-way-to-modded game. I really find the old russian style appeal to KSP. so I will keep an eye on what you do with this, waiting for 1.0 and your new version of the mod.

I have a slight issue with the mod BTW. The actions "decouple" and "jettison" don't seem to work on my escape tower, parachute pack or bubble pod. is there a particular way to put everything together that I did not grasp, or is this a known issue so far? I admit I didn't check on all the pages from the thread but a quick search did not show anything substantially helpful.

thanks and keep up the good work.

hi,

first of all : WONDERFUL! this is one of the parts pack that I bothered install on my already-way-to-modded game. I really find the old russian style appeal to KSP. so I will keep an eye on what you do with this, waiting for 1.0 and your new version of the mod.

I have a slight issue with the mod BTW. The actions "decouple" and "jettison" don't seem to work on my escape tower, parachute pack or bubble pod. is there a particular way to put everything together that I did not grasp, or is this a known issue so far? I admit I didn't check on all the pages from the thread but a quick search did not show anything substantially helpful.

thanks and keep up the good work.

I'm fairly certain that the LES is strictly for use with the Soyjuice fairing system, meaning that the Jettison and Decouple actions should not be needed. Typically once the spacecraft is high enough the staging action will decouple the LES while firing it's engines, pulling it and the boost protection cover clear of the crew compartment. However, in a Soyuz style abort the return and equipment modules are pulled clear of the craft, and then only the return module is decoupled from the orbital module and LES to fall freely out the bottom of the Boost Protect cover.

• 1 month later...
any chanses for 1.0 version? I think is problem with nodes

edit: I fixed it by myself, need change 4 parametr in bottom node from positive to negative

Not planning to update for 1.0 apart from continuing to work on the reboot. (See R&D thread) I may make the license less restrictive, so if someone else wants to work on updating this old stuff they could. Since this is a parts mod it should still work for the most part, just remove the plug-ins that are bundled. (They are only for aesthetic/ fluff purposes) The parts will be unbalanced in the new 1.0 environment.

any chanses for 1.0 version? I think is problem with nodes

edit: I fixed it by myself, need change 4 parametr in bottom node from positive to negative

Good Morning Gobur,

Can you elaberate on how you fixed this? I'm a huge HGR fan!

Thanks

in parts files i find line

node_stack_bottom = xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, 1, xxx, xxx

and change on:

node_stack_bottom = xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, -1, xxx, xxx

version 1.0 have diferently defined direction of node, not upward, only from inside (not my idea, in KW thread is this solution)

Not planning to update for 1.0 apart from continuing to work on the reboot. (See R&D thread) I may make the license less restrictive, so if someone else wants to work on updating this old stuff they could. Since this is a parts mod it should still work for the most part, just remove the plug-ins that are bundled. (They are only for aesthetic/ fluff purposes) The parts will be unbalanced in the new 1.0 environment.

I'd be willing to update it. I like that your parts are more proportional than Tantares.

Love this mod too, but I'm not a programmer. Made the changes that Gobur suggested. Its working but the chutes physics are off. Any Ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Love this mod too, but I'm not a programmer. Made the changes that Gobur suggested. Its working but the chutes physics are off. Any Ideas?

Here is a pic of the issue

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kadavi/17290448876/

- - - Updated - - -

Really enjoy this Mod and have worked the evening getting it running. Love the Spud!

I not see this, i use real chute mod, if this is problem, maybe you may use this too. For me little problem is gemini capsule, after splash sink on 1 m deep, if kerbal go eva cannot back. But i fly this capsule all time with turist :-) is great.

I think is balance problem with engines too, service module with capsule have >3k dv, all engine pack have this problem, need nerf

Edited by Gobur

So, OrionKerman has been PM'ing me about taking over the old HGR.

He's trying to get a thread transfer.

Doing Jeb's work there, Augustus! I'm with a lot of people on this one, I love old HGR so keeping it going for 1.0 would be beyond excellent while we wait for the reboot to finish.

KSP just doesn't feel the same without my beloved 1.875's :confused:

Doing Jeb's work there, Augustus! I'm with a lot of people on this one, I love old HGR so keeping it going for 1.0 would be beyond excellent while we wait for the reboot to finish.

KSP just doesn't feel the same without my beloved 1.875's :confused:

I'm actually making a few improvements. The 1.0 update will add:

1. Early 2-man Soyuz

2. Vokshod

3. Tiangong airlock

I'm actually making a few improvements. The 1.0 update will add:

1. Early 2-man Soyuz

2. Vokshod

3. Tiangong airlock

1. This was something I wanted to do with the reboot as well. If you're not already, you might consider using the alternate texture (the green one) to differentiate it from the original. I'd also tweak the stats a bit to make up for the lost seat compared to the 3 man version. Maybe make it a little lighter or something? Since you're going to be maintaining the mod I'll leave it u to you. :)

2. If you're re-using the "Spud" for this, it's also something I've considered. That's the nice thing about having the command seats as props, it makes IVAs more modular.

I would ask that you don't change too much from the original however, especially since new parts you create may not be supported in the reboot.

I'd rather that you mostly just keep the mod running in the current version of the game.

Edited by Orionkermin

again _agustus_? really? what happened to your promises to actually learn to mod, or are you gonna keep mooching off shadow for a little longer?

Honestly I wouldn't talk about taking over mods until you have a finished product to show off. sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm getting sick of watching this same routine from you again and again.

1. This was something I wanted to do with the reboot as well. If you're not already, you might consider using the alternate texture (the green one) to differentiate it from the original. I'd also tweak the stats a bit to make up for the lost seat compared to the 3 man version. Maybe make it a little lighter or something? Since you're going to be maintaining the mod I'll leave it u to you. :)

2. If you're re-using the "Spud" for this, it's also something I've considered. That's the nice thing about having the command seats as props, it makes IVAs more modular.

I would ask that you don't change too much from the original however, especially since new parts you create may not be supported in the reboot.

I'd rather that you mostly just keep the mod running in the current version of the game.

I can't get the old green Soyuz to show up, and I'll delete the Tiangong airlock.
again _agustus_? really? what happened to your promises to actually learn to mod, or are you gonna keep mooching off shadow for a little longer?

Honestly I wouldn't talk about taking over mods until you have a finished product to show off. sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm getting sick of watching this same routine from you again and again.

I have something called a life and school. That gets in the way, unfortunately.

Looking through the old mod, there's a lot that needs to be fixed and especially rebalanced. I feel it might be best if I just make time to handle getting this updated to 1.0 myself. And honestly I'm just not ready to let go, I put so much work into these old parts, I should be taking better care of them. Even if I am working to reboot the mod, that will take some time to accomplish fully.

Maybe I should even just start working the reboot parts into the main release, since so many new tanks and adapters are ready to go in the Dev version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.