[1.0.2]HGR 1.875m parts(v1.3.0 released)

Orionkermin

I was having the same problem even after resizing. I just decided to delete ATM until this is fixed.

I'll be sure to re-size and convert them to DDS for the next update, that should keep ATM from trying to convert them if I'm not mistaken. I just want to try and get time to address a few of the other bugs that have been brought up, so I can fix as much as possible in a single update.

Orionkermin, one of KSP's new features is a sort-by-cross-section, and Filter Extensions lets us create new subcategories for it (Crzyrndm just fixed a bug that I found was getting in the way). Merill updated Socke's 1.875m parts to have a "bulkheadProfiles = size1p5" line in the config, so I'm going to make a config and icon for that type; when you update your parts, add that line and your parts will get sorted into the same category between the size 1's and 2's. (The bulkheadProfiles can be a comma-separated list, so adapters can have multiple values, and any surface-attachable parts can have "srf" as well.)

Nice mod, makes me wish there was a space race, and we could pick a team with a career start :)

I too wish there was some kind of space race mode. I think it would allow for the kind of challenge most veteran players complain about not having in career... Thanks for trying out the mod. :)

Orionkermin, one of KSP's new features is a sort-by-cross-section, and Filter Extensions lets us create new subcategories for it (Crzyrndm just fixed a bug that I found was getting in the way). Merill updated Socke's 1.875m parts to have a "bulkheadProfiles = size1p5" line in the config, so I'm going to make a config and icon for that type; when you update your parts, add that line and your parts will get sorted into the same category between the size 1's and 2's. (The bulkheadProfiles can be a comma-separated list, so adapters can have multiple values, and any surface-attachable parts can have "srf" as well.)

Do you happen to know if this will introduce bugs for people who do not use filter extensions? I'm only asking because I want to know if I should set it up as a MM patch or just include it in the normal cfgs.

Do you happen to know if this will introduce bugs for people who do not use filter extensions? I'm only asking because I want to know if I should set it up as a MM patch or just include it in the normal cfgs.

The editor will still make a "size1p5" category, and even sort it between size 1 and 2, but it will have a question-mark icon and say "size1p5" when the mouse is hovered over it, as opposed to "Size 1 [1.25 m]" that the size 1 category gets.

I too wish there was some kind of space race mode. I think it would allow for the kind of challenge most veteran players complain about not having in career... Thanks for trying out the mod. :)

There is a mod for that http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109672-Techtree-WIP-Road-to-Kosmos-%28v0-0-3-preview%29

I didn't get to work on much this weekend, but I've got this evening free to get some bug fixing done. I'll try to get as much done as possible and likely throw a beta up for any one that wants to help test and make sure the fixes work. I'll be sure to fix those placeholder textures and update the max temps and bulkhead profiles for all the parts first.

After that I'll do as much as I can in looking at the other issues that have been brought up, but I don't know if I'll get to all of it tonight.

In other news I've still been working on rebooting the assets and have a fun WIP shot for you guys.

RadishWIP_zpsvpvwuvmx.png

I didn't get to work on much this weekend, but I've got this evening free to get some bug fixing done. I'll try to get as much done as possible and likely throw a beta up for any one that wants to help test and make sure the fixes work. I'll be sure to fix those placeholder textures and update the max temps and bulkhead profiles for all the parts first.

After that I'll do as much as I can in looking at the other issues that have been brought up, but I don't know if I'll get to all of it tonight.

In other news I've still been working on rebooting the assets and have a fun WIP shot for you guys.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y477/morrowindorion/RadishWIP_zpsvpvwuvmx.png

Ohoho snap!

That's bloody beautiful.

The way the ribbing (English?) breaks and folds in with the window indents.

Can't wait to see more.

Corrugated metal. Like roofing in some places, or metal culverts. They did this to strengthen it (Apollo used a honeycomb substrate). I have to say, the 1.875m parts should be stock.

I'm sure this has been already asked, but just wanted to ask again, is this mod going to be added to CKAN?

It's something I looked into only briefly, I'll try to find some time to see what it takes to add it and what kind of investment in time I'll have to put in. I'll do my best.

Thanks! The Radish is important to me, so I'm taking my time and trying to do it the service it deserves. I'm glad you all like it so far.

Corrugated metal. Like roofing in some places, or metal culverts. They did this to strengthen it (Apollo used a honeycomb substrate). I have to say, the 1.875m parts should be stock.

I didn't know the reason; you learn something new on these forums everyday. I understand why the size isn't stock, but it's hard for me to play without them now. The jump from 1.25 to 2.5 is just too bug and there's a point in the career where the payloads you want are either too wide for 1.25 and too light for 2.5m. 1.875m rockets tend to work well when the pad only allows for 140t too, whereas I have trouble building good 2.5m rockets in that tonnage.

So I worked on some bug fixing:

-I went through all the parts and adjusted their heating and bulkheadprofile values

-I adjusted all the gimbals of the engines to better match with the new stock values (Increased)

-I added surface FX to the engines as well as the ability for them to spawn in test contracts

-Deleted the old animation module, so it shouldn't bug out with BDanimation plug-in

-Re-sized and all placeholder textures to 16x16 and converted them to DDS format

I think that covers about everything major that people have brought up recently, so I'm going to put up a beta for the fix before the actual update, just to verify.

Download: 5.18.15.zip"]HGR V1.2.2[beta]5.18.15

Make sure you delete the older version of HGR first, if you don't you'll end up with a duplicate Radish decoupler, as I've reorganized its file slightly.

Thanks everybody, feel free to let me know any questions or concerns.

I'm glad to see a conical 1.875-m pod -- I was really looking forward to Socke's concept of a stockalike pod in that size, but nothing's come of it for a while (though your more Soyuz-styled pods are also starting to grow on me now that I've installed them).

And now, for some nitpicks:

On the Radish: It might be good for the pod to be listed under size 0 as well as 1.5 for the node on its nose. (Some of your other pods could also fit under size 1 for that reason, especially the ones based on the Soyuz descent stage.) For whatever reason, its Ablator resource starts out half-full by default -- is this intentional? It's also got a Deadly Reentry config that ought to sit in a patch unless DRE is installed.

The Latch-o-Matic's surface-attach node makes it stick "face-first" to its parent part, probably needs to be reversed (same for the launch escape tower). It might also be good to have the surface-attach node sit a little further "out" as well, so that the parent part doesn't pass through the "bowl" of the port.

The Onion pods both have TAC-LS life support modules and resource tanks in them by default, when I believe that TAC-LS will add life support modules and supplies to all command pods automatically and in the appropriate amounts for their capacity.

The Landertron configs in the SoyJuice pods should probably also sit in patches. Actually, it might be cool to have the "default" arrangement consist of a small solid rocket motor, and then swap it for a Landertron module with a Module Manager patch. (As it is, there's a "tank" of solid fuel but no way to make use of it.)

EDIT: The new procedural fairing is 1.875 m wide, but has bulkheadProfiles = size1.

All of your pods have KAS containers, which is outdated as that functionality has been moved from KAS to KIS, and also unnecessary as KIS automatically adds inventories to each seat of a command pod. Quite a few also have issues with spelling -- they may be "decent", but I think Kerbals will be more interested in using them for "descent"...:wink: Also several words missing double-letters (alleviate, appreciate, supply) -- might be good to open up the configs in a text editor with a spell-checker (I like Notepad++) to catch even the mistakes that didn't jump out at me.

Again, I'm liking this stuff in general, and eagerly looking forward to using 1.875 meter rockets, especially for missions where a return rocket has to be hauled elsewhere. I've just got an eye for detail, and it's easy to pick out the things that need improvement when everything else looks so good. :)

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra
Before I start pointing out misspellings in your work, I should patrol mine more closely...

It's something I looked into only briefly, I'll try to find some time to see what it takes to add it and what kind of investment in time I'll have to put in. I'll do my best.

Hi Orionkermin, I'm here reaching out because _Augustus_ opened up an issue on the CKAN github (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/1261) hoping to add your mod to CKAN. Of course it's something we'd love to have. Currently your only hosting is with Curse which we can absolutely work with, but requires manual updates (by you or someone else) with each update the mod goes through. If you hosted on KerbalStuff in addition to Curse it would allow for automation (one-time setup and likely never having to do anything further). I totally understand that adding another host might be burdensome though, so if you choose not to go that route we'll still make things work.

The second thing is that we would like your permission to have CKAN redistribute your mod, because you hold an "All rights reserved" license over it.

I look forward to hearing from you here or over at the issue page on github that I previously linked.

Edit: Just wanted to add a link to the wiki page with the 3 steps required to get set up on CKAN: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN

Edited by plague006
clarification + adding link to wiki

I thought I'd commented in this thread before, but I can't find the post.

I'd been skipping this because it looked like "just another Soyuz clone" but took a closer look this past weekend and discovered it was a lot more like what I look for in a parts pack. After playing around with it for a few days, I really like it. The parts all fit well together and still integrate nicely into stock (and the massive stack of mods I'm using, including MOLE and your Corvus mod). The 1.875 size of parts has won me over entirely.

I did edit the pods a bit, but that's mostly to take out the TAC supplies (I use RoverDude's USI-LS mod). I hope as you're rebooting this mod you'll keep the older parts close to what they are now, even if it's as a legacy pack. They're fantastic for building small stations and (as others have said) rescue and tourist contracts.

Thanks for doing these things, the quality of the mod is very good in my opinion. I'm glad it's still being maintained and developed.

I thought I'd commented in this thread before, but I can't find the post.

I'd been skipping this because it looked like "just another Soyuz clone" but took a closer look this past weekend and discovered it was a lot more like what I look for in a parts pack. After playing around with it for a few days, I really like it. The parts all fit well together and still integrate nicely into stock (and the massive stack of mods I'm using, including MOLE and your Corvus mod). The 1.875 size of parts has won me over entirely.

I did edit the pods a bit, but that's mostly to take out the TAC supplies (I use RoverDude's USI-LS mod). I hope as you're rebooting this mod you'll keep the older parts close to what they are now, even if it's as a legacy pack. They're fantastic for building small stations and (as others have said) rescue and tourist contracts.

Thanks for doing these things, the quality of the mod is very good in my opinion. I'm glad it's still being maintained and developed.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I think a lot of people don't see how useful the 1.875 size range is until they try it.

You'll be happy to know, the TAC stuff has been brought to my attention by another user and will be removed for the next update.

As far as the reboot goes, I'm mostly working on improving the assets and sort of streamlining a lot of the older stuff. Things like awkwardly sized pods that were made before this mod had a real focus. I've also grown A LOT artistically since making many of the parts in this and I want to bring everything up to the quality level you see with the Corvus and the tanks that are now in the mod. (Just look at the WIP Radish from the previous page compared to the one in the mod currently) I also still plan to add new parts in the 1.875m range as well, since a few are still missing.

I do plan to add a download for all the assets that end up getting replaced so that people can still have them if that's what they prefer.

I also still plan to add new parts in the 1.875m range as well, since a few are still missing.

Awe! Good to know. The only two parts that I am really missing are a 1.875m heat shield and a 1.875m-to-Rockomax adapter.

Can't wait for the next update to come through!

Awe! Good to know. The only two parts that I am really missing are a 1.875m heat shield and a 1.875m-to-Rockomax adapter.

Can't wait for the next update to come through!

But those are both in the mod already. :)

There's two 1.875-2.5 adapters actually. Look in the fuel tab for a conical one and in structural for a "flat" one. There's also a heatshield in the structural tab. (That's where the DRE heatshields were placed, so that's where mine ended up.) You can use the editor gizmos to simply sink it into the 1.875m decoupler so it fits flush.

Orionkermin: I have the config files for CKAN ready but I want to check in with you before I submit them. Are you ok with CKAN indexing your mod?

Edited by pacbard
grammar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.