[PARTS] A.S.T.R.A Command and Service modules. [SEEKING TEXTURE ARTIST]

Gryphorim

Sorry I can't be of help myself, but have you considered contacting any of these modders, who seem to have texture styles similar to what I might imagine on your models?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ad-28-12-2013)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...-Update-Dec-17

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ngs%29-11-5-13

In general, I have based my work off of the fantastic work showcased here, however, I did not want to trouble any of the authors of these mods to give up their time for something that is essentially devivative of their work. Mushroomnan, who lent his hand to retexturing OrionKerman's 2 man pod, has offered to help out with textures, however, he's been busy over the holiday. He said he wasn't sure when he'd be free again, so I released the source textures to see what the community could come up with.

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to do my best at textures (Because it could be entertaining doing) But the links to the textures dont work (Also the preliminary pack doesnt).

Could you Fix them? :)

Did you ever get hold of the textures?

Do the textures work now?

I seem to be able to download them fine, is anyone having trouble downloading them?

Let me know and I will work on resolving the issue.

Sorry this took me a while to get onto, IRL stuff has been happening recently.

Edited by Gryphorim

Do the textures work now?

I seem to be able to download them fine, is anyone having trouble downloading them?

Let me know and I will work on resolving the issue.

Sorry this took me a while to get onto, IRL stuff has been happening recently.

They Work now.....

Well ill do my best, today is a sad day for me but im gonna still do my best to add some nice textures as fast as i can, Or atleast give my concept of pod's texture. :P

DUDE!!! YOU MADE A DECENT 2-KERBAL CAPSULE!!! :P

But seriously, thanks for that! I'll see what I can do texture-wise :P

EDIT: I've gotten a very basic stockalike base plus the top plate (I think :P) of the pod. It'd be fantastic if you configured this thing to accept .tga or .png files so that prospective texture artists can just plug in their work. I'm struggling mightily to actually make my texture stick to the model :huh:

I've decided on doing 2 different models, a MK1 Black capsule and a 3-man white version.

Also, while I think I have a handle on it at this point, seeing some wireframe copies of your meshes might help me (or someone else)

Edited by Sauron

Wait... It's not accepting .png textures?

I just tried replacing "modeltest.mbm" with a "modeltest.png" and it mostly worked.

EDIT:- BTW, summary of IRL stuff:

- studying part-time at uni

- working full-time

- writing a novel (no. seriously.)

- planning to resign and study full-time, lots of paperwork and planning and stuff

- moving house to help with above.

- guests staying at mine for a few weeks.

I hope this clears up why this project kinda stalled. I am still working on this, I just have less time than I'd like to have.

Edited by Gryphorim

After days of search im getting mad at how to get the Images from the MBM files, I need to reach them so i can start the first step of texturing because watching the actual i could figure out where goes every texture i planned but, as i said IM GETTING MAD!

Please could someone help me whit that or at least tell me about a program to convert them? (Currently im trying that MBM > PNG converter from the spaceport but i still dont get how to use it)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion for a new design. A Lander that can house a capsule + the service module for the ascent stage

take a look here http://youtu.be/rrbvM5HuQRE?t=6m3s

edit: I will try texturing them... the cargo module doesn't have a cfg file in the pack

edit2: The base outline seems to be wrong on the command pod mk2-1b. although it works with png swapping, it's hard making textures because almost everything seems to be offset..

Only the command pod mk2-1b works(but not fully) with the png swapping method, other textures can't be replaced.

Maybe fix these things and I can make a texture for it.

edit3: i just converted the mbm to png so its better to edit them..

http://www./download/h2vtdlahbxqpqph/ASTRA.zip here are the files, just plug in your own .png files and replace the textures

Edited by lyndonguitar

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, thanks for the support! I seem to have dropped the ball on this one a bit, so you guys deserve reasons. So, here goes.

For the past five years I've been working in the aircraft maintenance role, because I've always had a passion for all things aerospace, and thought it would be a trade I'd thrive in.

Those five years proved me wrong.

I was always too preoccupied in the engineering side of the industry, something I didn't get to contribute toward as a maintainer. So I've decided to roll back my hours to part-time and take up study for an engineering degree. Naturally I'm swamped with the workload. As for moving house, we're all settled in now, and the guests I mentioned in the previous post enjoyed their stay and are now back in their home city. Come mid-year, I'll no longer be working, and plan to put more time into this project (I have some ideas for the "block 2" designs) Thanks for sticking with me on this project, I promise I will get back to it as time allows.

• 4 months later...
Hi Gryporium, this looks very useful; I've been on the hunt for a four Kerbal pod to no avail. Any chance on a small update?

I'm not sure if this is still being worked on. Also, you have necroposted an old thread. which is not appreciated by the moderators.

Hi everyone. It's been ages since I put forward an update, so here goes.

I've finished work, and am now studying full-time and writing part-time. I also have decided to undertake an online course in Blender, as I found myself fully out of my depth once I got to animation.

I also have been trying to get some time in with .24 to explore career mode.

A full review of the parts I was working on is underway, given that a quality 3.75m pod is now available in the Taurus, damn good soyuz style pods in the HGR pack, and radial jets can be found in BahamutoD's animated engines pack, and aesthetically EXACTLY how I was going to make them (when deployed). Also, IVA's have been a pain.

So now I'm deciding what parts I will continue with. I have decided to redesign the 2-1B to be a 2.5m to 1.875m conical design, with a hollow docking port cover at the 1.875m end that hinges open to reveal a standard 1.25m docking port inside, with legroom for a SDHI IACBM w/parachute. I will likely make 1-hinge and 3-hinge versions. These parts will be packaged together with the super-flat fuel tank to make "Dragon V2" inspired spacecraft.

After that? Dunno. If people want to put forward some ideas, I'd love to hear them, and will be updating the openning post when I have time to do a full re-release.

I might make a command pod at the 3.75m size with a B9 "overview" style, but whether to do it in 3.75m round, or B9 "HL" style?

Edited by Gryphorim

I'm not sure if this is still being worked on. Also, you have necroposted an old thread. which is not appreciated by the moderators.

Sorry what was it you were saying?

And Gryphorium, good luck with your studies! Can't wait to see what these parts come out like. Really glad to see this still being worked on.

Made by others doesn't mean you can't make it already :D

True.... I did want to do something different to the Taurus, but what I will make will be made to the same form factor, to take advantage of Aerojet/SDHI parts like SM, LES and aeroshell.

Also, 3.75m landercan/hitchhikers? Thoughts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.