Wings 3D help?

Hey, ok, I'm not even going to kid myself and say I have ANY knowledge in modding KSP. I have very little experience with Unity, so I guess I am not that terrible, BUT I needed a 3D modelling program, as it was suggested in a tutorial I found on YouTube, and they used Wings 3D.

So I followed their tutorial, and they only made a basic tank, nothing more, so they didn't really show how to move stuff around etc. So I am wondering if any of you know how to move stuff around in Wings 3D, or is it possible to use the modelling software in Unity, or something easier to understand?

I have made a basic fuel tank, textured correctly (need to adjust the width of the tank) but other than that, it is perfect. So it's not like I need help in the aspect of creating anything, I just want to make some things that look pretty :P

Sorry if that made no sense, I am not good at explaining myself.

Thanks a lot

-Jordan

Blender has a tonne of tutorials on modelling, so you may be better off with that.

3DS Max and Maya both have free educational licences too, there are also a buttload to modelling tutorials for both of these.

I've never used Wings3D before so I cant say if these other tools might be better or worse, but they definitely have far superior supports.

3DS Max and Maya both have free educational licences too, there are also a buttload to modelling tutorials for both of these.

The Autodesk Education Program requires you to be an enrolled student in secondary school (high school) or taking part in a degree or certificate granting program at a higher education institution. (Or to be a faculty member of the same) If you qualify, you get a 36-month license to a lot of their products, but they will display a watermark or banner labeling them as from the student version when printed or exported, so that probably isn't going to work.

Never tried Wings3d myself, just a quick look shows that is should work since it has a Collada (dae) plugin, and there are a few tutorials out there on the Youtubes.

I happen to use Blender and picked it up a couple of years ago starting from pretty much zero knowledge. If you're going to switch to Blender I'd suggest you start off just watching intro tutorials for a few days to learn the tools and interface. And make sure you're viewing modern videos, there are lots out there for old versions which are totally different. Make sure they're at least for Blender 2.4 or higher.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.