[0.25] 6S Service Compartment Tubes - "Design smooth!"

nothke

I have made a set of cfgs for extra tubes to expand this fantastic mod. As well as the original two varieties, there is now a 3.75m tube and taller variants of all three sizes (Making 6 different types in total!). They have all had their mass, cost and position in the tech-tree balanced.

Nice resize! I will be including some more cargo bays similar to compartment tubes with FLEXracks.

I just want to say this is one of my favorite mods. It really cleans up my craft so well! :cool:

Does this or will this mod have a 3.75m service compartment in the future?

I made a full set of tubes (including 3.75m) you can get here (still needs the original mod to work)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first of all great mod, really like the idea. Especially because i just started a fresh savegame for the 'realistic career mode' :)

I play with FAR and just yesterday I to build the first rocket using the 1m Service compartment. But all the parts placed inside weren't shielded. After a bit of research in Farrams thread and this one if encountered shielding works for the larg 2m compartment but not for the small one. Is it FAR or the Part?

keep the great work up!

Edit: Got it working again so never mind ;) After a bit of messing around with the cfg-Files (changing nodes definitions, using same modelfile 'SerCom2mt3' for both parts) and reeinstalling a fresh copy of FAR and 6s SerCom, I gave up. Then I installed the fairings from the KW Rocketry and now both service compartments work as expected.

Edited by Georg Kerbfeldt

I made a full set of tubes (including 3.75m) you can get here (still needs the original mod to work)

Your extra tubes seem to shrink slightly on a reload of a vessel. Don't think the originals have that problem.

Anyone else have this?

After a bit of research in Farrams thread and this one if encountered shielding works for the larg 2m compartment but not for the small one.

It should work in the experimental FAR. The previous version had an issue with cargo bay parts that were too small.

Your extra tubes seem to shrink slightly on a reload of a vessel. Don't think the originals have that problem.

Anyone else have this?

Do you mean they get squashed or literally become smaller in every direction? I have no idea why that would be the case.

I think I am seeing problems when I combine. This mod with the RCS build aid. If I have a craft with a 6s, then RCS seems to have trouble displaying the CoM (indeed as does the game via the editor CoM button.)

Has anyone else seen this problem?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.