[0.25] 6S Service Compartment Tubes - "Design smooth!"

nothke

So, I'm curious, do these come in 3.5 (3.75?) meter size to fit with the new stock tanks? You have no idea how amazing that would be if they did. Actualyl you probably do, but that's beside the point.

The door's rotational offset bugs me and I always shift-rotate it 6 times to get it to face the "camera". Is there a way to tweak a config to set it this way by default?

Open the CFG files, find the section that starts "MODEL {" insert the following on a new line, "rotation = 0, -30, 0" to rotate the part 30 degrees counterclockwise.

For some reason my compartment doors are stuck open beginning from launch. If I right-click it on EVA nothing comes up. This has been happening since about a week before the ARM update. I've removed them from my GameDate folder and reinstalled them, but to no avail. Kinda sad because I use these parts on almost all of my craft.

I edited the animation module in the .cfg files and made it toggle-able in vessel. I'm gonna give it a try in a few minutes.

Thanks for 6S, it will always be a staple in my mod collection!

Have you checked that firespitter is working properly????

That fixed it! I took out the firespitter.dll because I was only using it for my B9 cockpits, but I've been using RPM for IVA so I didn't think I needed firespitter anymore. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I know these aren't mean to be proper cargo bays, but I was wondering if perhaps you could make a separate mod for such things. You seem to be the only one with a mod updated for 23.5 that even remotely resembles a cargo bay that works.

Been looking all over for this mod wiped all my install and started re installing all mods couldn't remember the name it's very handy for Ferram Aerospace mod to make clean rockets also protects Mechjeb from deadly re-entry.

"Don't know how to link to the post on mobile, but it's dated February 10. Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlisczkkrb...0Expansion.zip "

Thanks the new sizes are handy.

Edited by LMA

Does this work with FAR/DR still? I see earlier you had added "cargo bay" somewhere for that, but I do not see this in the part .cfg - was the spaceport download not updated?

EDIT: recent versions of FAR should handle this...

//Parts with these strings in their titles will be labeled as either payload fairings or cargo bays; case insensitive
PayloadFairing
{
title = payload
title = fairing
title = shroud
title = interstage
}
CargoBay
{
title = cargo bay
title = bomb bay
[b]title = service compartment[/b]
}

Look at the very last specification ;)

Edited by draeath

Does this work with FAR/DR still? I see earlier you had added "cargo bay" somewhere for that, but I do not see this in the part .cfg - was the spaceport download not updated?

FAR added "service compartment" to the list of recognized keywords at some point prior to FAR 0.12.5.2. Once FAR started accepting "service compartment", these parts dropped the other keywords from their titles.

It should, FAR has changed its code to recognize these things.

I updated the tubes. Well, not really an update, I just checked if it works in 0.23.5 and saw no issues, the only change is that I bundled it with the current version of Firespitter.dll so that there wouldn't be issues with people installing it on 0.23.5 without checking for the latest Firespitter.dll

Also, I made a move to Curseforge, so I won't be updating on spaceport anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for making this. Being OCD and **** retentive myself, it bugged me to have all that junk hanging on the outside of my ship. Thanks to your moc, no more.

Only one small quirk though. I cannot determine the status of the contents. That is, if it contains an RCS tank,during EVA, after opening the service module and right-clicking the now-visible RCS tank, it does not show how much remains. Alas, a small price to pay.

Thank you for making this. Being OCD and **** retentive myself, it bugged me to have all that junk hanging on the outside of my ship. Thanks to your moc, no more.

Only one small quirk though. I cannot determine the status of the contents. That is, if it contains an RCS tank,during EVA, after opening the service module and right-clicking the now-visible RCS tank, it does not show how much remains. Alas, a small price to pay.

You can always switch vessels in EVA, or EVA, open the door, get back in the ship, check from ship through the open door.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.