[0.25] 6S Service Compartment Tubes - "Design smooth!"

nothke

Updated and repacked 6S Tubes

Switched to use ModuleAnimateGeneric (same as that used to animate the SPP+ cargo bays, no longer requires FireSpitter)

Fixed scale/node positions

The models and textures, original configs and all other works are Nothke's and this updated repack is provided for the convenience of 6S users under the permissions granted by the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license. Should Nothke wish this removed, or to incorporate the changes included and provide their own release I will pull this down immediately.

Please see Nothke's v1.3 release for 6S

Edited by NoMrBond

Does this work with the double-height modules from A__Gun (posting 220 in this thread)?

Not directly, but you can use this MM code:

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Nothke]]:FOR[NothkeSerCom]
{
@MODULE[FSanimateGeneric]
{
@name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
}
}

or directly change the module name in the part configs.

Does this work with the double-height modules from A__Gun (posting 220 in this thread)?
Not directly, but you can use this MM code or directly change the module name in the part configs.

You also need to adjust the scaling:

MODEL
{
model = NothkeSerCom/Parts/SerCom1m
scale = .97, 1.77, .97
}

MODEL
{
model = NothkeSerCom/Parts/SerCom2mt3
scale = .97, 1.77, .97
}

I haven't used the 3m version yet but the scale should be the same

This is awesome. However things are not working perfectly for me. My tubes are all slightly smaller than the diameter of the parts they are intended for. I suspect this has something to do with the 1.25 rescale factor, but I'm not sure. I'm relatively new to all this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Here's a photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1diuvdcb5mbvr7/tubes.png?dl=0

Opps, sorry I missed that, I could include that in the pack if desired, and with A__Gun's permission (I am aware the license would allow it, but I'd rather have explicit permission if available)

This is awesome. However things are not working perfectly for me. My tubes are all slightly smaller than the diameter of the parts they are intended for. I suspect this has something to do with the 1.25 rescale factor, but I'm not sure. I'm relatively new to all this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Here's a photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1diuvdcb5mbvr7/tubes.png?dl=0

Yep, one of the 0.25 fixes addressed bugs in the way things were scaled, unfortunately since just about everything took these bugs into account to kludge the models to the intended size, it has produced some oddities

johnwayne1930 made a MM config which fixed the scale, and I did a small repack with fixes either of which might address your issue (probably not a good idea to use both)

Edited by NoMrBond

Opps, sorry I missed that, I could include that in the pack if desired, and with A__Gun's permission (I am aware the license would allow it, but I'd rather have explicit permission if available)

Could drop a PM, but he's been MIA since August.

Hey so, I really love this mod, and in principle prefer it over Universal Storage (looks cleaner, way fewer parts, US seems like cheating, somehow, in terms of rocket design). My big problem though is integrating the Science Jr, because of its size and finnicky attachment. Anyone have suggestions?

Hey so, I really love this mod, and in principle prefer it over Universal Storage (looks cleaner, way fewer parts, US seems like cheating, somehow, in terms of rocket design). My big problem though is integrating the Science Jr, because of its size and finnicky attachment. Anyone have suggestions?

Editor Extensions might solve your problem.

I think this mod really shines when used with Editor Extensions, so you can enable part clipping and put stuff better inside the tubes.

• 1 month later...

Updated! It's now 0.25 compatible!

v1.3

- Fixed part scaling issues introduced with 0.25. Special thanks to NoMrBond

- Fixed prices for career. 1m and 2m tubes now cost 150 and 200, respectively

- Bundled a fresh Firespitter.dll

Download from CurseForge

Or, if not yet approved, here's a direct link on Mediafire

I don't know if it is conflicting with another mod, but I can only open and close the doors when in the VAB and not during flight, I right click the part and no toggable options are there, it just shows the number of parts shielded. Anyone else having the same issue?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.