[0.25] 6S Service Compartment Tubes - "Design smooth!"

nothke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was going to download it, but then I saw that you have to use KAS so I will never ever use this mod ever.

Protip: You don't need KAS for any mods with KAS compatibility (like this, BoxSat, CactEye, etc.). These are perfect aerodynamic shields otherwise, great for actually recovering science experiments when using FAR+DRE. :P

Those are some great parts for Storage + visibility!

It would be great if there was a third "walkable" part. Eg a version of the 2.5m part, but 3 times the height. That would be enough for a keral to walk inside and access the interior directly!

Would be great for usability/roleplay on Based/Stations/Landers!

Whats with the KAS hate?

I've had a love hate relationship with KAS, at times, as it can cause random explosions and I've had landers just float off a planets surface when the physics engine starts to break down.

When it works, it's the greatest mod, but when it doesn't it can destroy a base you have spent a lot of time making.

Edited by Tommygun

It would be great if there was a third "walkable" part. Eg a version of the 2.5m part, but 3 times the height. That would be enough for a keral to walk inside and access the interior directly!

I guess it's called cargo bay and there are several mods with 2.5m round cross section like Modular Rocket System :wink:

I've had a love hate relationship with KAS, at times, as it can cause random explosions and I've had landers just float off a planets surface when the physics engine starts to break down.

When it works, it's the greatest mod, but when it doesn't it can destroy a base you have spent a lot of time making.

Never had a single issue with KAS, it might be due the fact that you're using 64 bit.

I found this a while back. I use them mostly for structural support for launching station parts, specially MKS/OKS but it also has cargo bays with doors. Check it out. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77505-Cargo-Transportation-Solutions-(WIP)

• 4 weeks later...
Is it just Firespitter that keeps this from being 0.90 compatible? Because I love using these, and have a 0.90 functioning version of Firespitter from another mod, so would these still function with that or would there be other issues?

there are some Firespitter that work in .90 and you can change it to use ModuleAnimateGeneric.

EDIT- Here you can get both http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/61040-0-25-6S-Service-Compartment-Tubes-Design-smooth%21?p=1620933&viewfull=1#post1620933

Edited by Mecripp2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So, that mod pretty much become stock.

Do you guys think that stock service bays are better than ones from this mod or on the contrary?

I personally liked the idea of manually opening dors by kerbal only.

If someone needs t get this working (for loading existing craft using these):

I made the current version work with KSP 1.0/1.0.1 by editing the parts cfg files like this:

SerCom1m.cfg:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.187, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

SerCom2m.cfg:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.187, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

(idea found on several other mod's threads where similar problems with part attachment were noticed)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.