[1.10] AutoAsparagus v2.3.1

hab136

On 8/18/2018 at 6:12 AM, Kerbal007 said:

Hi there, I have the latest version of Ckan and was wondering if this plugin is still supported? I can't seem to download it and would like to have it back :)

Whoops, I missed that 1.4.5 came out.  I've updated all my mods.  Give CKAN a few hours to update and it should appear!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 8:59 AM, Kerbal007 said:

I don't suppose someone could explain to me the highlighting around "L1" "L2" etc.. I am trying to figure out why on some vessels I cant asparagas and others i can even though they are the same :s I would like to avoid the crash :) 

Using the example picture on the first page:

OnXTJjLl.jpg

Decouplers are highlighted pink.  Fuel tanks that AutoAsparagus will try to connect with fuel lines are highlighted green.  Only the first fuel tank after a decoupler is used, so on this rocket you can see some non-highlighted fuel tanks - these are completely ignored by AutoAsparagus.

The numbers (L1, L2, L3, etc) are the count of how many decouplers are between the root part and the fuel tank.

The root part is the normally the capsule.  If you did something weird like make the engine the root part, AutoAsparagus will probably crash.  You can change the root part by using the stock root part gizmo.

"L1" here is one decoupler away from the capsule.

"L2" here is two decouplers away from the capsule.

Each "L3" here (the side boosters) are three decouplers away from the capsule.  They're all connected by different decouplers, but they're 3 decouplers away, so they're all L3.

Asparagus staging is done between fuel tanks on the same level.  L1 and L2 here can't have any asparagus staging, because there's only one fuel tank in each level; you need at least 2 tanks in a level to do anything.  L3 has 6 fuel tanks, so the fuel tanks in that level can be asparagus staged.

Here's another example, with my asparagus testing ship.  The root part is again the capsule.  The middle fuel tank is directly attached, zero couplers between it and the capsule, so it's L0.  The inner ring is one decoupler away from the root part, so L1.  The outer ring is two decouplers away from the root part, so L2.  In the second picture you can see the ship after running AutoAsparagus.  Notice the L2 tanks feed into each other, then feed into the L1 ring, which then feeds into the L0 tank.

jbQVOYE.png

a783f2p.png

Hmm, I should probably highlight the root part.

Anyways feel free to post a picture if you want more personalized answers!

• 2 months later...

It's definitely broken. I followed @hab136's instructions to a T, but it continues to insist that the fuel line path is obstructed. What makes me certain that it's not working properly is that it draws a red line to show where the problem is, and I can connect those points like there's no problem.

I'm an ugly idiot. I just had to keep tweaking the design. Sorry for the needless bump.

Edited by killbotvii
I'm dumb

@killbotvii sometimes the colliders of the fuel tank parts are larger than the visual image, so it's "blocked" even though it looks like there's nothing in the way.  Additionally, AutoAsparagus pretends the fuel line is much thicker than it actually is, so that there's enough room to run the fuel line (for the opposite problem - where the colliders are smaller than the visual size).

DebugStuff can show you the colliders, if you're curious, but it doesn't help in normal gameplay.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, FeliusKerNes said:

I seem to be having rather the opposite problem with the mod: I'm not getting any icon whatsoever, no matter what screen.

Odd; can you put the KSP.log file on Dropbox or Google Drive or something so I can look at it?

8 hours ago, FeliusKerNes said:

Zipped log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/40sp5npab08do7w/KSP-Log.7z?dl=0

Unzipped log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ysex1eo2l9zx7y/KSP.log?dl=0

Zipped is 100kB, unzipped 1800kB. I'm using stock toolbar, although I am using the toolbar manager.

It's not loading because it can't find "UnityEngine.CoreModule".  It works on my machine, and I see your other mods are loading correctly.  Can you try this updated DLL and see if it works for you?  Just overwrite the existing DLL in GameData with this new one.

https://github.com/henrybauer/AutoAsparagus/releases/tag/UnityEngine.CoreModule

[ERR 19:35:33.940] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AutoAsparagus': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AutoAsparagus.PopupMenuDrawable' from assembly 'AutoAsparagus, Version=2.2.17.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AutoAsparagus.Button' from assembly 'AutoAsparagus, Version=2.2.17.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, FeliusKerNes said:

No changes, still doesn't appear. Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ysex1eo2l9zx7y/KSP.log?dl=0

On 7/30/2019 at 5:01 AM, Ghostlead said:

I also do not have the icon

On 7/30/2019 at 9:43 AM, Pegasy said:

Exactly Same Problem here... 

I was unable to reproduce this problem until I finally just created a Windows VM and installed KSP on it.  Then it was obvious - the DLLs are totally different between OS X and Windows.

ko8vUob.pngBNbwrGT.png  

On OS X, there's like a bazillion UnityEngine DLLs whereas on Windows there's only UnityEngine and UnityEngine.UI.   So when I linked UnityEngine.CoreModule on macOS, it just doesn't exist on Windows.  Or rather, it's rolled into UnityEngine.dll on Windows so you don't have to link it separately.

I vaguely remember this problem.. I've moved my development environment around over the years, from Linux to Mac to Windows and just now back to Mac, and I guess I forgot about it.  It of course worked on my own Mac because UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll exists on macOS.

Compiling against the Windows DLLs produces a DLL that works on Windows and macOS versions of KSP.  I didn't test Linux but I'm fairly certain it will work.

v2.2.18 is out now to fix this issue: https://github.com/henrybauer/AutoAsparagus/releases/tag/v2.2.18

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 6:39 PM, d.frison said:

Does anyone know if this still works for 1.9?

On 3/22/2020 at 11:20 PM, Murdabenne said:

Or will it work on 1.8.1 given the Unity change?

I finally updated AutoAsparagus for 1.9, see main page for links.  Note that it has new dependencies, Toolbar Controller and Click-Through Blocker, where are also linked.  I submitted a change to CKAN for the the new dependencies.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.