KTS-40 Mission Completed!

nothke

Damn, Nothke... You're making me feel out-done...

There's almost a little piece of me that wants to restart my shuttle program and complete "New Horizons" with the old Blackbird II models...

Alas, the Board has ruled Kerbal safety a higher priority than company pride for the moment... So we must wait until the Engineering Team comes up with something safer to fly...

If anyone was wondering what the Horizon-3 SS will look like in the end, here is the current plan.

a8eKlJt.jpg

The first line is the KTS flight code, so for example in case of "H3-2" it means Horizon-3 flight/mission 2. The other lines indicate modules to be added in that mission. Note that cupola and the dck-3 modules are not shown in the picture.

This was the initial plan, The nodes in flight 9 and 10 are not finished as you can see so the modules that you see are just mockups. The nodes should actually be 6 way modules similar to the ISS nodes. Another change, in revision #2 I have replaced the spherical airlock with the "crew escape vehicle", which is just the mk1-2 pod with little fuel enough for deorbit in case of emergency, while attached to the station it will also serve as an airlock.

After flight 10, the construction is not over, but there will be enough room for upgrading or continuing the construction so it will be planned along the way..

Edited by nothke

If anyone was wondering what the Horizon-3 SS will look like in the end, here is the current plan.

http://i.imgur.com/a8eKlJt.jpg

The first line is the KTS flight code, so for example in case of "H3-2" it means Horizon-3 flight/mission 2. The other lines indicate modules to be added in that mission. Note that cupola and the dck-3 modules are not shown in the picture.

This was the initial plan, The nodes in flight 9 and 10 are not finished as you can see so the modules that you see are just mockups. The nodes should actually be 6 way modules similar to the ISS nodes. Another change, in revision #2 I have replaced the spherical airlock with the "crew escape vehicle", which is just the mk1-2 pod with little fuel enough for deorbit in case of emergency, while attached to the station it will also serve as an airlock.

After flight 10, the construction is not over, but there will be enough room for upgrading or continuing the construction so it will be planned along the way..

Looks nice! Looking forward to seeing how you get it all assembled.

• 1 month later...

I must say that your work is AWESOME, you really inspired me to make a new space station with a premeditated design and to use a shuttle to put things in orbit. what program do you use to make the mission insign, i REALLY love your space station

PD:Wich mods are you using?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.