I have a theory on something...

kenbobo

I have noticed the Daily Kerbal coming out late during the past week but I think that's caused by them being too busy to get it out exactly on time. I am anticipating 0.23 sometime this month, however, since they got it into experimentals so quickly!

I thought that the KSP weekly was, at least temporarily, dead? The last one was posted on October 22. A lot more than a week ago.

What makes everyone so sure that they're releasing a new one at all? Much less soonâ„¢? Maybe I missed some important context here.

I thought that the KSP weekly was, at least temporarily, dead? The last one was posted on October 22. A lot more than a week ago.

What makes everyone so sure that they're releasing a new one at all? Much less soonâ„¢? Maybe I missed some important context here.

Yes, KSP Daily hasn't been out for around a month (Oct 22) However there is the Devnote Tuesdays, which is pretty much the same. The Devnotes do come out much later than usual. Im sure there planning something special for Kerbalkon 3! (Release?)

Well... I kinda did think .23 would to be out before K-KON... or at least thought it was highly probable... and I don't believe the weekly dev notes being late is any indication of anything or out of the ordinary...

But what I do think would be delaying things is that all the devs who were flying in for K-KON arrived yesterday and they've been tweeting out pics of them out looking around the town. I don't begrudge them it at all. I expected K-KON to be a huge distraction. I also expect it would be horribly unfair for the regular devs to be out having fun while the testers are back at the office getting things ready for release. So really I don't expect that any work is getting done this week.

AFAIK, looking at the daily kerbal publishement times, they have all been at about midnight EST. Nothing new here guys I'm afraid.

yeah by "late" I didn't mean "past due". I meant late at night. They've been coming out at about this time since the daily Kerbal started and the weekly before that was always a late night thing as well.

It don' t think it makes sense for them to release the new version immediately prior to K-KON.

Because if they did, we'd all be playing the game, instead of paying attention to con.

Also, they tend to discuss whats coming. If they wait till the con to release the update, they can discuss 0.23 at the con. If they released it before the con, then we'd be expecting the to discuss what to expect in the next update, which probably isn't ready for discussion yet.

Trying to draw conclusions about when the update is coming based on update frequency will probably just result in seeing the patterns that you want to see.

I imagine the last thing they want is the chance of the whole team having to stop the Kon to go in and fix any bugs in the release - no matter how low a chance that is.

If I had to guess, the Kon will be all about 0.23 and the release itself will come out (hopefully soon, even better immediately) after.

Currently I am envisioning a community manager hovering his finger above The Button going "Shall I now ... noooo, lets see what they come up with next! *snicker* " ... :wink:

The plan is in motion, the plan does not falter, it does not alter, it does not change.. not for the CM, not for me and not for you.

Long live the plan!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.