How quickly can you type?

SpaceHips

Someone posted this a short time ago, and it got me to wondering how quickly the people of the ksp forums can type.

http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english#

My score is down below.

Also wondering, where did you learn to type?

Was it in a computer class, by your parents or on your own?

And if you can type fairly quickly, where did you learn to do so?

In my case, i got plenty of practice through runescape.

lzP30nh.png

1_wpm_score_AQ.png

The fastest I can type with random words. I can type faster if I know what I'm going to type in my head and not have to look up at the screen. I have to look down at the keys because I can't type good or fast without looking at the keys.

Example:

With looking:

Sal sells shells at the seashore

Without looking:

Sal sekls shekls ay the sewsgote

85_430_0_0_81_1_92.99_10189_145284

Programming has its perks, I suppose. Learned touch-typing in school, but was never any good at it until I started using IRC; code came later.

It's dark in my office, but my keyboard is backlit :P

Edited by relin

62 on first try. This shifting of the layout confuses me. If it was a gentle scrolling marquee, I'd be somewhat faster.

Also, I'm not a native speaker of English, so random English words slow things down.

I first learned to type on a typewriter and then I shifted to computer keyboard in a computer class. After that, ICQ chats helped a lot. Now I rarely look at the keys, almost never when I type in English because there aren't signs like ÄÂ,ć,Å¡,Ä‘,ž. I've got a US keyboard hardware layout so yeah...

32_173_0_0_30_3_45.2_72323_131974

I do better when I know what I want to type.

I essentially learned to type by myself with only using my pointer fingers, but I sped up in 6th grade when we used Mavis Beacon. (I think that's correct)

I got even faster when I learned how to properly use the Delete key.

24_152_0_0_23_6_28.67_92584_129792

i'm a turtle with their feet covered in bubblegum walking on oobleck when it comes to read and then write, but i'm actually pretty fast when i write what i think. And I think i've done well if compared to other people who dont speak english naturally ^^

Also, i'm self taught, though my parents helped me a little with that typing thing.

43_250_0_0_41_6_63.95_46656_129403

I've found that I type pretty fast I just make a lot of mistakes in the process. Backspace is my friend.

Also I taught myself how to type with what I call "gamer hands." Essential my left hand is over WASD, shift, and space while my right hand is either on the mouse or hovering above the right side of the keyboard. Also, when I don't look at my keyboard to type, I press the keys by memory of where they're at so if I move my hands over by even one key, I start typing gibberish.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.