The shared .23 release features news thread.

Tidus Klein

While this is good to see. The only bad part is. At least by the looks of it is we will still need to spam air intakes.

Don't want to make SSTOs too easy! Part of the fun of designing them is managing the tradeoffs involved in ceiling of jet operations.

Would be nice if you could lock the acceleration so you could maintain a constant speed as you burn off fuel or even drop spent tanks, but from what I gather it's thrust that can be limited to a maximum below the engine's rated max thrust. Still useful, of course, but it doesn't sound like we're getting flight computers quite that advanced in this update.

Maybe in 0.24... :wink:

I'm not sure I'd say it'll be "Big" as far as the number of features. In the intro, HarvesteR said a lot of the work on this update was concentrated on addressing bugs and performance.
Well, the update will bring some features which are important. Bug fixes are necessary.

I would say "big" in that in changes a lot of fundamental aspects of how rockets are build and flown. Mostly that's through tweakables, but the new engine and performance improvements could make a really big difference.

It sounds like there are lots of changes to career mode too, but I think the next really big step there will be some kind of economy system.

R.A.P.I.E.R.s confirmed for OP engines.

I liked some of the options for the tweakables part. I have my doubts about it, things I'd like to see (if they even are implemented) that they haven't showed yet. I still think this was for a 40 day update at most, not 65.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.