The shared .23 release features news thread.

Tidus Klein

I heard you can move on moving ships on water.

Hmm I may have missed that due to my audio being lower on my end, but I did hear multi EVA's will now not have the bowling for Kerbals effect if you run into them. No more limp Kerbals.

I may not be able to watch much longer though I need lunch and study more for finals....yuck!

I wish I could contribute to this thread but unfortunately TWITCH is a steaming pile of crap and doesn't work on ipad or my 2 systems I have here. Did they mention yet if nukes will stop using oxidizer?

I did not hear anything on that, and currently they are on a 5 min break so I am sure there will be more.

Unfocused Kerbals will stand up on their own after being rag-dolled. Kerbal you are currently controlling will stay limp until you move him. Apparently we also be able to transfer science data between two EVA'ing Kerbals. So cool :D

I'm somewhat disappointed that Kerbals who are laying on the ground will automatically stand up if you switch away from them. Laying them lay in a pile or scattered about after a mocked-up crash has certain cinematic qualities!

Sounds like someone is demanding tweakable Kerbals. :)

Ouch... I am a little concerned about this part limitation. Hope it doesn't spread.

I think what they mean is that when you're designing your rocket you can (optionally!) choose to limit the maximum thrust of your engines. Which can be good for controlling high-thrust first stages so you're not wasting fuel burning against the air resistance.

I think what they mean is that when you're designing your rocket you can (optionally!) choose to limit the maximum thrust of your engines. Which can be good for controlling high-thrust first stages so you're not wasting fuel burning against the air resistance.

And also not have them shake your ship apart towards the end of a stage when your nearly empty mainsail stage starts accelerating your ship at 5G.

And also not have them shake your ship apart towards the end of a stage when your nearly empty mainsail stage starts accelerating your ship at 5G.

Or, depending on how it works (does max throttle = max thrust, or does max thrust limit how high the throttle can go) you could cut it way back and use that mainsail as the landing engine for your tiny probe! (Which would be absolutely and completely ridiculous, absurd, and ludicrous, which is exactly why every Kerbal is going to run out and do exactly that!!)

So limiting acceleration will be possible? Because that's quite different than simply limiting thrust.

Did they mention yet if nukes will stop using oxidizer?

It doesn't look like this is in yet. When Yarg was showing it off and he reduced the amount of oxidizer in the tank, the fuel limit stayed where it was, so it doesn't look like you can take a mixed-type tank and turn it into a fuel-only tank with a greater fuel capacity.

Is it possible to fill Mk3 Fuselage with fuel+oxidizer in order to build an SSTO?

I saw nothing to indicate that non-fuel tanks gained the ability to hold fuel.

Did they talk anymore about how thrust could be changed, or was is just the brief snippet from Yarg? My thinking is that this will be far more useful for SRBs than for liquid engines. No more worrying about blowing past terminal velocity.

If we can tweak max thrust in flight I can see it being useful for liquid engines too, though. You could use it for offsetting a mass imbalance, or for making landing a bit easier (no more fiddling around with the throttle at 5% trying to come in for a soft landing).

Did they talk anymore about how thrust could be changed, or was is just the brief snippet from Yarg? My thinking is that this will be far more useful for SRBs than for liquid engines. No more worrying about blowing past terminal velocity.

If we can tweak max thrust in flight I can see it being useful for liquid engines too, though. You could use it for offsetting a mass imbalance, or for making landing a bit easier (no more fiddling around with the throttle at 5% trying to come in for a soft landing).

The guy who played KSP for 45 minutes until finally showed (Yarg?) mentioned both of these, but HarvestR didn't mention them specifically.

RE: SRB Thrust limiting, he said basically the same thing you did.

RE: Thrust limiting in flight, he state you could.

RE: Thrust limiting in flight, he state you could.

That's great news. Everytime when I have slightly OP lander and I find myself unable to perform gentle touchdown and instead giving too much power sending me back up I was thinking how cool would it be to land without fighting with the keyboard trying to find equilibrium with a thrust/surface gravity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.