The shared .23 release features news thread.

Tidus Klein

I'd be surprised if only Minmus biomes are added, but we'll see I suppose.

I wouldn't have thought adding biomes is very difficult at all, just a bunch of coordinates marking a boundary and a name surely?

Still though I'm looking forward to this update a lot :)

I wouldn't have thought adding biomes is very difficult at all, just a bunch of coordinates marking a boundary and a name surely?

Name then funny little quote along with science value.

Not just that, but how they relate to the science system, what values you'll get for various samples and tests. All that not only has to be implemented but also balanced so it is worth the trip, but isn't too easy to get those points. This will only get more complicated with other planets, where a surface sample returned to Kerbin should have increasing value whereas a flyby of someplace like Ike should have relatively little, since getting to Kerbin's surface from Ike orbit is pretty easy.

SCIENCE! Lab facts:

3.5 tons

Holds 2 Kerbals

No IVA yet

Takes a long time to process experiments

Can only process 1 report at a time

Improves recovery rates of science experiments

Displays increased rate upon completion-as well as additional flavor text! Always welcome :)

New report has a massively increased data value: good luck if you're using the materials bay or the avionics pack

Looks frakking awesome.

Do we know where the Lab is in the Science Tree?

Ooh! Maybe with this new rapier engine, I will actually be able to build a functioning SSTO. I absolutely suck at designing those.

Same here, despite numerous attempts. But now, when our spaceplanes won't carry a deadweight of extra engines it might be different :) If only we'd get a RAPIER for Eve...:D

I suspect this may have been covered (I tried to keep up with this thread but it just grows like the Kraken!), but are RCS thrusters tweakable thrust as well? It would be very cool to be able to balance their thrust, particularly if you could balance it in each degree of freedom. I suspect that may not be the case (yet!), but I didn't see anyone using RCS on ships in any of the streams I managed to catch

Wait, pods include Monoprop now?

Yes, I think that each time a Kerbal goes on EVA, their pack is refreshed from the RCS supply. So - now you gotta bring extra RCS if you want to have more EVAs. <- I haven't personally confirmed this from the 0.23 kon footage, though.

Yes, I think that each time a Kerbal goes on EVA, their pack is refreshed from the RCS supply. So - now you gotta bring extra RCS if you want to have more EVAs. <- I haven't personally confirmed this from the 0.23 kon footage, though.

No, as far as I know Kerbal EVA has it's own resource: EVA Propellant.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.