We might have destroyed the way of living of another planet.

Zombie Biscuit

You know, until we are capable of traveling to other worlds, it\'s stupid to try and communicate with other civilizations. If there is another alien race, and they can travel to Earth, and they want to destroy us, they will. They would be too technologically advanced to even make us a threat to them.

Why should they want to destroy us?

I like to think that as intelligence and curiosity increases, generally the desire to kill and destroy diminishes (and I should hope quickly reaches 0)... so any Alien civilization with incredible intelligence and understanding will have enough understanding to know that it is better for them to learn from us than destroy us. Just because they are more advanced/intelligent than us does not mean they cannot learn from us and work with us.

To project these (very human) vicious and destructive tendencies onto that which we imagine aliens to be like is somewhat depressing... That we cannot imagine an extra-terrestrial race with an insatiable curiosity for the sake of curiosity, much the same as our own... rather we must imagine aliens conducting some sinister research on Earth\'s inhabitants, or just destroying everything. That these are the realities of how aliens are seen in popular culture, I think is an insult to life itself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.