HSTW 1.75m Gemini

Tosh

So Tosh, besides the RCS - only Gemini, what\'s next for you?

I\'m currently in the project I would not like to disclose (as I\'m not the one who leads the job). Next will be RCS-Gemini. Next... I think I\'ll finish with it.

• 3 weeks later...

You could make it as a deployable side-mounted parachute...

But yeah, to be perfect, it would also need deployable skids... ;)

Hey guys ! now that we have 0.14 we can ! we 'just' have to understand how the gear works, and that\'s OK for the skids ! Next 'just' model a working rogallo wing !

I think that the landings are going to be...really kerbal ;P

[EDIT]: I searched around the config files and you don\'t even need to create skids yourself, you can modify the deploy angle, orientation... next re-texture it a little and you\'re done !

Going to try to fit a radial parachute on the gemini with those skids, to see if it can work...

Are you going to make a Titan to go with it?

I\'ve tried to replicate a Titan using NovaPunch parts, but the Twin Bertha Lite engine is too weak for a first stage.

Just learned that parachutes can\'t produce lift,only drag, so no paraglider :( but maybe the paraglider would be visual, and then we have two invisible winglets with high lift ?

Maybe I\'ll ask Feanor. He\'s making ICBMs anyway, and Titan is basically just that.
You may also increase Twin Bertha\'s thrust manually. See maxThrust parameter in KSP\Parts\NP_1.75mTwinBerthaEngine\part.cfg file.
Just learned that parachutes can\'t produce lift,only drag, so no paraglider :( but maybe the paraglider would be visual, and then we have two invisible winglets with high lift ?
I\'d wait till plugin documentation is released. Probably custom module DLL could provide some means to create a deployable part with lift.

OK, I\'ve set to make a Titan II myself, and I\'m doing fairly well. Maybe I\'ll also make other rockets of that family.

BTW, I\'ve read a few things on Gemini, and it turns out it had a lot of things you didn\'t simulate (though they\'re modeled, as it turns out).

Among these are four de-orbiting rockets and RCS system. Could you add them to the capsule? It\'d help with re-enecting missions once I\'ve perfected the Titan II (and especially once the docking is added, since I\'m planning to make a Titan III with Agena upper stage).

Among these are four de-orbiting rockets and RCS system. Could you add them to the capsule?

RCS: yes, it\'s planned. Though I\'m not sure when I gonna release that.

Rockets: no.

OK. Shame about the deorbiting retros though. If I\'m not mistaken, these are the 'pop-up' looking parts, right?

Maybe after more complex animation is implemented, they could look awesome popping up and firing (unless these are not retros, in which case nevermind).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tried to download this add-on, got all excited about the Gemini parts, but says I don\'t have access to that part of the forum.

Activated/Registered with the forum. Is this add-on still available?

Thanks!

Tried to download this add-on, got all excited about the Gemini parts, but says I don\'t have access to that part of the forum.

Activated/Registered with the forum. Is this add-on still available?

Thanks!

Correction, from the front page display-case, I get that error, when I drill down into the official forum heading, I can DL it. I got it now! Can\'t wait!

Thanks!