flightplan and relemetry management

Spamal0t

EDIT: relemetry haha... no... telemetry

Hello, everyone!

There are a few things I'm looking for to enhance my KSP experience, but I couldn't find a solution that suits my needs. I'd be happy if someone could point out where I can find the features I'm listing later in this post, or whether anyone would be willing to create a plugin or integrate these ideas in theirs. I know how to program a bit, but not enough to make a KSP plugin.

I've never used any mod (crappy computer: don't touch it when it runs!), but I'm running into serious planning probloems when my missions get more complicated. I went to Duna and back, visited Eve and landed, orbited Jool, orbited Moho with a probe. When I design my ships there's still so much uncertainty that it's hard to get to business with an actual Moho lander/return mission.

I've figured out the details that I need/want to know, but couldn't find any plugins delivering this sort of thing. Here's a draft (sorry for the scribbling):

20131214_133545.jpg

bilder uploaden

So basically I want the following:

1. flight path on a graph with height vs. speed over surface, including a prearranged "optimum" and current data to see how you're doing

2. flight simulation plot: sort of like the flight path, but with more parameters regarding stages. height vs. orbital speed with end-of-stage markers and indicators for atmospheric drag

3. landing simulation plot: height vs. orbital speed as above, plus height vs. inversed vertical speed, also including plan and telemetric data with staging/chute points

4. as a requirement or the abovementioned plots I would like an in-game calculator for delta-v for prearrenged stage packages. My rockets have 10+ stages, and I want to be able to categorize them so I have an atmospheric stage, an orbital inserter, a payload delivery and a return vehicle. I know mechjoeb lets you display dv, but not in the way I would like.

5. a stallr boy MAP. I haven't found anything like this for in-game yet. Sure I could plot out delta v vs. distance for kerbin, but a dynamic calculation for every body (including traversing from Eve to Jool for example) would be awesome, along with a current delta-v meter so you can see where you can go with what you have.

This is a lot to ask, and I might get down to fixing a solution for myself some day (maybe in a year or two if I stick with it). As I said any comments are welcome, even if it is to gtfo to another forum/thread.

Thank you!

Edited by Spamal0t
damnit

Hmmm.

I can't think of anything that does exactly what you are asking for.

I am going to suggest two mods however that might help at least.

First is Kerbal Engineer Redux. This does not let you plan out stages like you are asking, but it has pretty much every number you could want about your ship/stages so it will at least get you all the information you are after.

Second is Protractor]. This gives you the ejection angle, thrust needed, and burn time for your ejection burn to another planet. You then need to consult a Dv chart for the Dv you'll need at the other end. (I have one linked in my sig, but there are several out there.)

Neither of those really help you planning your flights like you are asking for, but I think they would help you out with what you are trying to do.

Hope those at least help,

D.

Not sure if these will help, as I believe they are used to gather and log info from in-flight, but...:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38319-0-21-x-Graphotron-2000

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/logomatic/

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24594-0-22-Telemachus-%E2%80%93-Telemetry-and-Flight-Control-in-the-Web-Browser

I know there are a couple other mods that are for planning flights/missions, but i dont use them, so i dont have links, or even remember mod names, but I'm sure someone will post them up shortly.

EDIT: Actually here's one I just came across in the Tools forum. Its a WIP, though:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/36476-WIN-KSP-Trajectory-Optimization-Tool-v0-10-Now-with-Rendezvous-Planner!

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.