[KSP 1.3] InfiniteDice ICE -Engines, Transmissions, for Atmospheric Vehicles

InfiniteDice

I'd like to see yak-3 radiators and liquid cooled engines as well :D

I just finished getting liquid radiators in... took a few hours to figure out how I wanted to do it. Based off the me109 of course to match the db605. You can have any number of rads, of course they add drag so you only want so many as needed for the engine. Plus side is they are a lot more stable in dealing with overheating than an air-cooled, but the price is that they are aluminum and are a few more things that can be damaged, pop a hole in one and you're awesome engine will easily overheat. Last step now will be adding all the damage conditions for Skillful compatibility, and possibly getting a diesel for vehicles or boats, not sure if that will make it in or not yet.

I just finished getting liquid radiators in... took a few hours to figure out how I wanted to do it. Based off the me109 of course to match the db605. You can have any number of rads, of course they add drag so you only want so many as needed for the engine. Plus side is they are a lot more stable in dealing with overheating than an air-cooled, but the price is that they are aluminum and are a few more things that can be damaged, pop a hole in one and you're awesome engine will easily overheat. Last step now will be adding all the damage conditions for Skillful compatibility, and possibly getting a diesel for vehicles or boats, not sure if that will make it in or not yet.

It's not called Me-109; it's Bf-109. Sure, Willy Messerschmitt did design it, but for some reason the 109 and 110 have different names, Bf. Idk why.

BTW yak-3's have two small radiators; one at the base of each wing. However, they lacked a radiator on the nose

• 2 weeks later...

jij9sh.png

Just an update on the ICE wheels which use the power from ICE gearbox and engines. 2 wheels have flat tires and one wheel is totally damaged in the pic above.

Check out the latest video to see the engine/gearbox/wheels in action:

can find InfiniteDice ICE on curse :(

There was an older version released on Spaceport, but the new version isn't released yet. It's getting the 0.23.5 support as well as Skillful support and these new parts as well..

I can't say exactly but my list of items to complete is getting shorter, so you should see this soon. I'll post a note here of course when it is released on Curse.

There was an older version released on Spaceport, but the new version isn't released yet. It's getting the 0.23.5 support as well as Skillful support and these new parts as well..

I can't say exactly but my list of items to complete is getting shorter, so you should see this soon. I'll post a note here of course when it is released on Curse.

tanks alote for the info and keep up the good work :)

Some good news, added in some basic collision handling... that is if you choose to use ICE and Skillful together, tires can pop... or when the wheel breaks completely you're left with just a crappy looking rim where the tire used to be. There are of course handling differences with a flat tire, or one that is completely missing :)

My Skillful update needs to go out first, having issues uploading to Curse ATM. After that I have one more model to make and swap out.

This ICE update will include the beta of the vehicle components.. there will be some bugs here and there, mostly visual stuff, so expect some laughs! But I can say for a fact that you can do some amazing things with these wheels that you can't do with stock ones. Or any other modded ones for that matter.

I'd love to say the next thing will be a race track... just not sure yet. I need to drum up some support for some car parts, racing wheels/tires, and perhaps a track that can tabulate times and stuff - like my old baha offroad track, but much larger.

We'll just have to see!

Only thing I see that I would adjust is the fuel air ratio.

You currently have it set to stoichiometric (14.7:1) which it isn't always the case, some cases you lean out your mixture to increase your power slightly other cases you richin your mix so you can cool the engine or increase high RPM performance, and it also depends on if it is a turbocharged or supercharged setup or water/methonol injected.

I have not had issues with curse before, but I now I get why it really pisses some people off. That moment when an update you've been waiting forever for is about to come out and curse screws up massively and the owners of curse don't give a ***** about fixing it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.