[KSP 1.3] InfiniteDice ICE -Engines, Transmissions, for Atmospheric Vehicles

InfiniteDice

No.

The release should be soon.

With packing it up and testing this can be anywhere between today and the heat death of the universe.

I realize you're eager, but it doesn't help creating expectations.

It is a very reasonable expectation, however, that it is going to be sooner than later.

No.

The release should be soon.

With packing it up and testing this can be anywhere between today and the heat death of the universe.

I realize you're eager, but it doesn't help creating expectations.

It is a very reasonable expectation, however, that it is going to be sooner than later.

I just thought moving files and doing testing shouldn't take much longer than a day or two. BY the looks in the video it's just going to be simple testing as the wheel system seems to be functional.

You know why Squad doesn't give dates anymore?

It's so people don't get angry when that date passes.

You know why people still get angry when certain dates go by? Because people spread unfounded rumours.

I shouldn't think this is any different from mods.

Now, this is in the thread (and hopefully it has just stayed here) where people can reason. But as soon as something goes into the wild, it can snowball out of control.

I wouldn't mind seeing another teaser video showing off all the parts. I've got a few designs in mind, including a few twin engine cars, and would love to be able to start mind-planning the way to replicate those designs in KSP with ICE and Skillful as well as Infernal Robotics. Yes, I'm gonna make a spy car.

hey dice.... umm

the front page download links is dead.....

well not dead, but redirected me to curse, where the mod isn't there

was really dissapointed when TT multiwheels seems to be losing any hope of updates.... but then this, even better than i can imagine :D

not that i've played this tho XD

hey dice.... umm

the front page download links is dead.....

well not dead, but redirected me to curse, where the mod isn't there

was really dissapointed when TT multiwheels seems to be losing any hope of updates.... but then this, even better than i can imagine :D

not that i've played this tho XD

Version 2 is not out yet, when Dice releases that you will be able to download the mod again, but don't worry, it will be released Soon.

You just open the way to multiple ground challenge in a SPACE ORIENTED game.

I can see that the Formula will certainly take good use of a mod like that. InfiniteDice, brilliant as always.

0.23.5 is up, check the opening post of this thread.

Expect some issues, expect to be CONFUSED if you don't read:

#1 the old out of date ICE manual

#2 the README file that comes with the download.

Do that and thou mightest survive!

LOL

PS I'm on vacation, expect long delays in my responses.

Have fun with it guys!

0.23.5 is up, check the opening post of this thread.

Expect some issues, expect to be CONFUSED if you don't read:

#1 the old out of date ICE manual

#2 the README file that comes with the download.

Do that and thou mightest survive!

LOL

PS I'm on vacation, expect long delays in my responses.

Have fun with it guys!

IT BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Ride of the Valkryies starts playing*

I have noticed that at high speed landings after jumps and sliding at high speeds cause the wheels to catch fire for some reason when using skillful with this. Is that supposed to happen?

Probably needs a change to the conditions, or some balancing. If you can stop you should be able to put it out EVA with a kerbal. I'll make note of it and balance it for the next tweak.

Really like the mod.Managed to make a car reach 71.4 m/s (250km/h) with 1 engine, so i put wings on it.It can't glide for more than 40m and everytime i try to pull up i also brake. :P

Though i'm kind of killing the engine, revving it to the maximum.

r6Mp6Jn.png

Probably needs a change to the conditions, or some balancing. If you can stop you should be able to put it out EVA with a kerbal. I'll make note of it and balance it for the next tweak.

Yeah every time it has happened Jeb has put it out, but it finally caused the front wheels to go flat after a few times.

Honestly it feels like the wheels may not have enough grip. It seems that my large MAZ, despite being large likes to slide around on the slightest turn and anything going at high speed on uneven terrain will slide. I added some bolt on mass parts to the MAZ and that helped a little, but ti still slides like a drift car.

Edited by mike9606

Honestly it feels like the wheels may not have enough grip. It seems that my large MAZ, despite being large likes to slide around on the slightest turn and anything going at high speed on uneven terrain will slide. I added some bolt on mass parts to the MAZ and that helped a little, but ti still slides like a drift car.

Did you enable full lockup on the transmission? Also it looks at the suspension as well... mess around with the suspension settings.

Did you enable full lockup on the transmission? Also it looks at the suspension as well... mess around with the suspension settings.

Lockup is not enabled, suspension was not changed. Honestly trying to get the MAZ to work was starting to get frustrating and my 4 wheel ATV was superior still so the MAZ was deleted.

Hmm, I feel pretty stupid. I couldn't get the craft cars included to work/move. I autostarted the engine which seems to work and turned the throttle up but the wheels don't seem to be spinning/moving at all when pressing w/s although they do steer. Any suggestions?

Yeah I finally figured it out. I wasn't engaging the gears. I had tried selecting changing the gears from the popup menu but didn't work for me. As soon as I used the pageup/pagedown hotkeys the gears changed and I was able to mooooove!

Now if only the 64-bit version of ksp was released so my game wouldn't keep crashing from all of the mods, especially when reverting/returning to hangar.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.