[KSP 1.3] InfiniteDice ICE -Engines, Transmissions, for Atmospheric Vehicles

InfiniteDice

Here's a question of cosmetics (which is always silly to ask when you're still working on the core, but hey!):

Currently, exhaust fumes come directly from the engineblock (for road vehicles, at the least).

Are you considering an actual exhaust pipe?

Happy dreams and conceptual thinking following. Up to you to figure out if it's possible or worth it at all:

A part that checks for any engines running. If it finds engines, it disables the smoke particles coming from the engineblock and emits them instead. Amount of particles dependent on how many engines, if they're on, at what throttle and gear.

It's not a vital part. It may not be possible, but it would mean so much for aesthetic design. Imagine cab-over trucks with the smoke stacks! Like Optimus Prime, YEAH!

Not sure if this has been said before ( too lazy to look more than 2 pages back( hey i admitted it) ) But the power only generator is overheating almost right away I have attempted to add a radiator to the model and to the engine itself and its overheats right away even at a very low throttle setting.

If needed I can whip up a example craft once more but I have a project that I am going to be working on really fast and may not be able to work on it for a while unless I get frustrated with my current project, well projects. Ugh I am getting behind on the stuff i want to do .... dang it why is there only 24 hours a day and i have been sleeping for 10 to 12 hours a day ?? dang i must be turning into an old man. But then again my meds are not helping me on the sleep part.

It's not a vital part. It may not be possible, but it would mean so much for aesthetic design. Imagine cab-over trucks with the smoke stacks! Like Optimus Prime, YEAH!

Yeah I've wanted to add remote exhaust pipes. One of those things that would look neat but can't be justified easily when allotting time.

Yeah I've wanted to add remote exhaust pipes. One of those things that would look neat but can't be justified easily when allotting time.

Understandable. You've got several fairly big projects going on, and I'm sure it's quite a bit of finagling to get it working.

Whenever/If ever you have time, it's an option.

Hi, I just registered to the forum to ask one important question...

How can I change the throttle key ? currently the default you've set within the mod is "W" but this WSAD key setup is only for English keyboard layout...

How about a way to have the user pick what keys they can use in my case it's ZSQD thanks in advance.

P.S I absolutely Fkin love this mod !!!! ( ground vehicles engines transmission system, hopefully someday a V12 beast for a sportscar project)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I just registered to the forum to ask one important question...

How can I change the throttle key ? currently the default you've set within the mod is "W" but this WSAD key setup is only for English keyboard layout...

How about a way to have the user pick what keys they can use in my case it's ZSQD thanks in advance.

P.S I absolutely Fkin love this mod !!!! ( ground vehicles engines transmission system, hopefully someday a V12 beast for a sportscar project)

Thanks man,

I'll look at getting those into the cfg as editable, as I've done with Skillful.

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmmnnnn, I have a lot of flight problems with the Daimler engine. Ever since 0.24.x, if the plane is fitted with a daimler it will spin out, stall and crash a lot. Is it meant to be used with FAR or am I being thick?

Sorry for such a slow reply, I've been busy on the IRL front. I have used the 605k with and without FAR installed. It may be that it needs a bit more stability from the tail surface. If you have a perfectly stable aircraft using say... a FS engine, swap out the FS engine with the 605k, should be just as stable. If not let me know. I shall be updating ICE very soon as I have done a ton of edits to the code while making my newest KSP video series.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I cannot find any answer to this question anywhere. It's not in the cfg or in the post, and others have asked before.

How in the blazes do you change gears? Every time I get a vehicle launched, and the engine started, it's in "Gear: 0" and I cant figure out what I need to do to change gears!

Edit: Just went back to page 18, and saw page up+down for shifting. This should probably be in the readme or something. Nearly tore my hair out, and my forehead hurts from the facepalm...

Edited by chupathingy495

The transmissions are not showing up in the part menu, but they have files in the mod, I noticed some differences in the CFG but I couldn't fix it, any help?

EDIT: also, the model file is a .dae not .mu, Idk if that makes a difference :)

Edited by roblamb98
additional info

I tinkered around with the configs and they show up in career mode after fixing them for it. It's worth a shot to see if something is weird in .25 that makes it needed for sandbox mode as well for some unknown reason. They should show up with the engines under propulsion.

under "// --- editor parameters --- " add above the "cost =" line:

TechRequired = start

entryCost = 20

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.