What is the most underrated planet/moon/star?

Astronaut

Bop, and there is a good reason why nobody talks about it, it's just a brown clod of dirt with nothing interesting on it except the kraken's corpse which I have never bothered to look for, because the moon itself gets me down so much

basically it needs an upgrade (fortunately it's too small to be a real eyesore so I can live with it)

Pol. A fun little moon that gets overlooked...

Pol is the moon I've landed on the most, other than Mun/Minmus of course. You see, it's my main Kethane fuel depot for the Joolian subsystem, so my refinery vessels all land there to tank up. Vall's also an option, but Pol's just much easier to deal with despite its distance.

The problem is that KSP's moons fall into two basic groups: low-gravity, airless moons that are easy to land on, and a few difficult ones (Tylo, Laythe). What we need are a few interesting moons in between, like a Titan-like moon (low gravity and enough atmosphere to keep things interesting).

Dres I think. I can only recall ever reading about if once in anybody's mission reports... and that was just because they crashed into it on the way to Jool :D

Fear not lonely little Dres! I borrowed equipment from both my Mün and Duna programs and I'm coming for you!

I agree whit Dres, It was going to be the last home of one of my argon-supplied probes but i was so bored to wait til the next ascent/descent node to adjust the orbital inclination so i decided to redirect it to Duna.

And thats the only mission on all of my careers (I mean saves) i ever had proposed for Dres, but i wanna settle a Kethane Base there.

• 5 years later...

I think bop. Havent been anywhere outside of kerbin except jool but bop. Dres also

Bop and its weird surface. I actually only gone to duna (crashed) and jool with a complex satelite but it might actually be vall with weird tall things

Edited by Hdtomo

Instinctually, I wanted to say Dres, as it certainly gets the most hate/contempt on the boards.  Heck, even of the science reports say things like "No planet found here.", but everybody KNOWS about Dres, and I think most people go there at one point or another, so I'm actually going to vote for Vall.  Nobody really says it's a bad place or anything like that, but other then those who have been there nobody really talks about it at all.

The first time I landed on Vall, I remember thinking "Oh wow this place is pretty cool with some really neat surface scatter!  I wish I explored this place sooner!"  Now, it's hardly the coolest, or greatest rock in the Kerbol system, it's not even the coolest place in the Jool system, but I would call it the most under-rated simply for the reason it feels like the most forgotten one and therefore never gets rated anything at all.

The most underrated place is probably Eeloo. Everyone goes to Moho for its -hole, Dres for its -teroids and Pol/Bop for the Jool5 badge, but Eeloo just takes so long to get to, you end up warping years and years. And by the time you want to go to Eeloo, you've finished everything in Career anyway...

Honestly Kerbol is the most underrated celestial body. I have only seen like 3 people do missions for stations orbiting around the sun. 

Honestly it makes sense though. Not much for us to do out there. 

I think it would be cool if squad added some new science gadgets that require craft in a circular orbit past moho and beyond jool to work. They'd be like the science lab's but without kerbals in them, but they require these extreme conditions.

Wow, last time I encountered a necro this powerful I was playing D&D...

Anyway, I'd say Vall. It's a surprisingly nice blue - however it is the 2nd least convenient of the Joolian moons, so it's hard to justify using it for anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.