What is the most underrated planet/moon/star?

Astronaut

In my opinion Dres is the most underrated planet, no one ever talks about it and i never even knew it existed until i zoomed in while using the map.

This thread would be a poll but the maximum options are 10 so i can't.

Also, when i said star i only meant Kerbol.

Edited by Astronaut

I agree about Dres. The canyon on the planet is huge if you ever get to go there.

It looks like this little shallow scratch on the surface when you observe from orbital view, but DAMN that thing is pretty sweet.

... also, super hard to get an intercept with ... and it's a little scary O.O

I agree, soooo many interesting places yet no one bothers to explore it!

Unfortunately, it's the water-lag on Kerbin that puts so many people (myself included) off exploring it (I hear that this may have been fixed in 0.23... I sincerely hope so, too!). I do agree though, it has many interesting locations, one of my favourites being the pine forests at the boundary of the south polar ice cap. Very, very pretty place :)

I also agree with Dres being underrated. I'd say Moho is underrated, but everyone is obsessed with the moholes, while I've only landed on the planet once and failed to put a probe in orbit, instead committing the little machine to two flybys of the innermost planet. Having recently landed on Dres for the second time, I can tell you that the only interesting feature I know of is the group of canyons/scars. I will get around to other locations eventually, but none will compare.

The OP mentioned planet/moon/star and imo technically Dres does not qualify because it is an asteroid/dwarf planet, very much like it's real-life counterpart Ceres. :sticktongue:

JK aside, I think Dres is underrated. I have sent EDIT: am sending a rover to Dres (my first mission to Dres), but .23 is coming out soon, so hard to choose between updating or completing my mission first :huh:

Edited by manskal

I think Eeloo is pretty underrated. Most people only see it as the farthest planet and that there's no real reason to go there, but it's fun to explore and has some things going for it. Eeloo is the lowest gravity place that you can still sprint on, it has the shortest rotational period of any object in the game, and if you see the sun from Eeloo's apoapsis it's quite a sight(it's my profile pic). Just don't let the kerbals get into snowball fights while you're exploring.

I think Gilly is under-rated.

Nobody ever mentions it, but I think it's really pretty. It has a dense boulder-field all over it, and has a view of the beautiful eve.

It's easy to get to, and unlike most planets and moons, a simple mission can tour the entire place, either with about 50dv of fuel, or just using EVA jetpacks.

Fv4KFer.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.