What time exactly will .23 launch on December 17th?

Rizendell

Usually the KSP release goes live during office hours in Mexico.. though I cannot tell you exactly when, because I don't know :)

Yep, it is not normally especially early, so probably best that you do not ditch work or school... I think .22 came out around 5pm central time.. Ppl were in here all day being impatient. So, please don't have expectations, just have patience.

It's actually delayed by two months while they put resources in.

This made me LOL. I'd wait two months for 0.23 if they were going to put resources in!

But on a serious note, it'll probably come out some time in the afternoon their local time, so depending on where you live (I'm at EST so I'll probably get it in the evening) you may have to wait more or less (after midnight I mean).

I'll have to wait till Wednesday if it comes out late on Tuesday due to timezones. :(

This, it's like Steam, if they say Tuesday it'll be Wednesday...SQUAD didn't have the good decency to move to New Zealand when they started.... :mad::wink:

This, it's like Steam, if they say Tuesday it'll be Wednesday...

Not sure what you mean by that. For 0.22 at least, Steam was pushing out the update within about 30 seconds of Squad saying it was live. I was launching the new version about 2 minutes later.

Not sure what you mean by that. For 0.22 at least, Steam was pushing out the update within about 30 seconds of Squad saying it was live. I was launching the new version about 2 minutes later.

They meant that due to time zones the update is released on Wednesday for that part of the world, rather than a complaint on the speed of steam.

They meant that due to time zones the update is released on Wednesday for that part of the world, rather than a complaint on the speed of steam.

D'oh! *falcepalm*

I should've realized that.

Well for those of us in the "correct" timezone who have to work for a living, late in the day is as good as early anyway. :P

Midnight release seems a bit much to ask of a small company, I would expect a daytime release so they can attempt to handle any issues before calling it a day. It would be much worse if they released it while they were sleeping.

If this doesn't work for some impatient people, vote with your wallet and take up a collection to keep 4-5 extra people on staff for the overnights on release dates.

They have to release while someone's 'at the helm' so they can handle it if we all pile onto the download server and crush it.

My guess is some time in the afternoon, Squad local. My personal 'release date' in my mind is 'I'll be able to play it when I wake up Wednesday.' Anything I get to do on Tuesday between an afternoon release and download time is gravy. Delicious, spacey science gravy.

HHUUUUu,

(trumpets sound to the Kentucky Debbie opening music)

*Announcer* "ladys and gentlemen. boys and girls! its time for what was inevitable! The moment we all knew would come, With impatience high and anticipation and excitement even higher, I would like to announce that the first of many spam threads has just been born! let the forum spassing

BEGIN!"

in all seriousness just wait till 12:00 on Wednesday it will save you frustration and many curses in the future :/

Every time someone asks, it's pushed back one hour!

hmmmm the trolldar is high with this one