Here are some screenshots from the EARLIEST version of KSP!

Sylandro

I joined during 0.16, and a couple days later, after thinking I've learned everything to KSP, 0.17 was released and there were planets everywhere.... There went my confidence. :sticktongue: On a related note, it's amazing to see how far KSP has come in these few short years.

Is this version still available anywhere? And wasn't the 1st version 2d?

This version is not available to the public, and never was. The first public release version was 0.7.3 I believe.

I joined during 0.16, and a couple days later, after thinking I've learned everything to KSP, 0.17 was released and there were planets everywhere.... There went my confidence. :sticktongue: On a related note, it's amazing to see how far KSP has come in these few short years.

I think you and I found the game at virtually the same time, and the new planets were quite a shock to me as well. I still haven't been past Duna yet.

If anyone wants to read about the beginning from 0.1-0.4 then you can read it here. (You have to go backwards counting down rather than up.)

The old launch tower! Remember what an utter pain that was by 0.18?

Oh God, yes! One time in fact, it made me so mad, because I launched a ship into orbit, and didn't realize until afterwards that it clipped one of my little tanks off.... :mad:

DP - Pictures from page 2 are now in page 1.

Anyway, what sparked this thread:

I was on the KSP reddit, and i saw a post with one of the pictures in the first post ( i think it's near the end), so i was curious, and i scrounged around if i can find earlier pictures.

Yeah, that's still very recognizable. Do you (or anyone else) know what those three screens in the top right were supposed to display?

The IVA display was what was going to go there, but as far as I know the UI was changed entirely before they got a chance to put their kerbonauts in those portrait windows.

Hoo boy, KSP 0.1.

I found this on HarvesteR's blog.

Enjoy!

tumblr_ly5me9HloY1qk0cbw.png

tumblr_ly5mgdnjEd1qk0cbw.png

tumblr_ly5mktLyK81qk0cbw.png

tumblr_ly7h9g3ypu1qk0cbw.png

tumblr_ly7ijxkRQG1qk0cbw.png

tumblr_ly7i0wVGiJ1qk0cbw.png

tumblr_lyxhdeEB031qk0cbw.png

tumblr_lyxhdeEB031qk0cbw.png

tumblr_lyxhigGZVC1qk0cbw.png

tumblr_lyxhremiaD1qk0cbw.png

tumblr_lzlkdj1R8B1qk0cbw.png

:0.0::0.0::0.0: WHAT GAME IS THIS!!!!! THIS THIS THIS IS A TRAVESTY! BY GOD!!! I I I NO! this is not real, how did anyone play that?

wow just wow we..... we really have come far. bless you SQUAD....bless you.

Reflections on water!? I don't think we have those now, do we?

No we do not have those now thankfully. Those things can be FPS killers along with waving grass. Ghosting an image has to render the ghosted image along with what is behind it, the way it is now is a bit easier I feel.

Yeah, that's still very recognizable. Do you (or anyone else) know what those three screens in the top right were supposed to display?

The altimeter was moved to the front and they added all the other stuff back again when IVA first came out.

I had no knowledge of KSP's existence back then so that's just my guess.

As several people already answered in this thread: they were meant to display the Kerbal portraits. But thanks for thinking along; I appreciate that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.