0.23 Waiting Room!

greg12

First thing i'm going to do make a ship that doesnt suck.... GMT + 13 here in NZ :(
It is 4 in the morning in Mexico ... :D I presume we will wait for a while... :D

The only good thing about living in CST is living in the same timezone as Squad. lol

There's that saying, "Never play on patch day". Thankfully it doesn't apply to KSP. The only problem will be server meltdowns :D

Unless you have the Steam version.

Something to pass the time whilst waiting:

Time dilation tells us that in order to travel into the future (relative to Squad's offices) such that we can get our paws on 0.23 sooner (as perceived by us) we must either travel faster or sit near something more massive.

Options open to me to kill time before 0.23 release are:

• Scarf my way through the 300g packet of chocolate hobnobs lurking in the kitchen, thus making me (if only temporarily) 300g more massive.
  • Go for a jog. Jogging 8 minute miles (so 7.5 mph / 12kph) for an hour or so thus increasing my velocity relative to Squad's presumably sedentary chair & desk based offices.

Which option will allow me to perform SCIENCE faster?

What if I did both?

By how many picoseconds will I be playing 0.23 before you poor hobnob-deficient schmucks?

misunderstanding space time since the Planck epoch

I happy that everyone stayed here and the forum is clean as it was. Ohh I remember what the forum`s first page was look like when 0.22 get updated. Nice one guys! Also 11am here in the UK. I can`t wait to play 0.23 myself.

Something to pass the time whilst waiting:

Time dilation tells us that in order to travel into the future (relative to Squad's offices) such that we can get our paws on 0.23 sooner (as perceived by us) we must either travel faster or sit near something more massive.

Options open to me to kill time before 0.23 release are:

• Scarf my way through the 300g packet of chocolate hobnobs lurking in the kitchen, thus making me (if only temporarily) 300g more massive.
  • Go for a jog. Jogging 8 minute miles (so 7.5 mph / 12kph) for an hour or so thus increasing my velocity relative to Squad's presumably sedentary chair & desk based offices.

Which option will allow me to perform SCIENCE faster?

What if I did both?

By how many picoseconds will I be playing 0.23 before you poor hobnob-deficient schmucks?

misunderstanding space time since the Planck epoch

Mmmm Hobnobs!

What about the mods will the most still work?

Well it depends on what changes are made

From what I could get the current version of Mechjeb might not work on 0.23 but that's the only definite one mentioned while I could watch Kerbalcon

Oh, good, I haven't missed anything, and the forum seems to be very clean regarding the litter threads about the update.

So you want to travel in time? Knock yourself unconscious and wake up in 12 hours. It will feel like time travel. :P

On the side note, when Steam starts updating, don't shout about it. Wait for the update to finish, then inform the others, just to delay any meltdowns. I hope Squad is monitoring the server stress (and that Steam provides them with their data) to see how it goes exponentially worse with every update so they can prepare.

On the side note, when Steam starts updating, don't shout about it. Wait for the update to finish, then inform the others, just to delay any meltdowns. I hope Squad is monitoring the server stress (and that Steam provides them with their data) to see how it goes exponentially worse with every update so they can prepare.

Unless I'm mistaken, Steam handles the distribution entirely from their servers (for people who get KSP via Steam, at least). So there shouldn't be anything for Squad to do as far as Steam goes, just provide the updated install and let Steam do its thing. KSP is relatively small compared to some of the things that Steam deals with, so I'd expect Steam to cope just fine.

Unless I'm mistaken, Steam handles the distribution entirely from their servers (for people who get KSP via Steam, at least). So there shouldn't be anything for Squad to do as far as Steam goes, just provide the updated install and let Steam do its thing. KSP is relatively small compared to some of the things that Steam deals with, so I'd expect Steam to cope just fine.

Actually after I transferred my KSP over to steam (I somehow ended up with 2 copies of the game after I bought it for the first time,but both got transfered),I bought another KSP copy so I could download it for use on PC's I don't have steam on

I hate to break it to you, but that was really not necessary. KSP will work fine if you just copy its files out of the steamapps\common folder and try to run it on pretty much any computer, as far as I'm aware. :)

[[Vibrates excitedly in anticipation.]]

You are not listening... Steam version of KSP relies on Steam purely for its dl. You go to the folder where Steam installed the game and just copy paste it anywhere, even to another computer and it will work since Steam isnt a DRM for KSP. I run 4+ copies of Steam KSP (each with different mods and some even different versions).