[WEB] Craft Kitchen - .craft Gallery and Toolset - Now w/ Craft Extractor!

Ezriilc

Hey, you're excluding me from being the first person to request that this tool get made!
Sorry Maxim, didn't mean to exclude anybody from anything, but just a simple joke about the surprising lack of interest. I also accidentally excluded TheSonicGalaxy.

edit: waaait a minute! Your '1. Me.' post was your very first post here. (Welcome, by the way!) So how did you request this to be made if you hadn't ever posted before?

Zephram,

I've been doing some analysis of your ships in the save file and I can't see anything obvious without loading them in-game - which would require the same mods.

Which mods are you using? What makes those parts special?

Are they all or mostly made of mod parts?

Which ships were invisible and/or not working?

Mod is Realistic Progression Zero (RP0) which has at least a dozen dependencies. (But all you have to do is select RP0 by itself, and let CKAN handle the rest.)

Couldn't remember, so I tested again just now. All of the vessels from that save have the same issue: invisibility and non-clickiness. But they all cast the correct shadow in SPH, loader thumbnail appears correctly after first load, and the engineer report correctly reads total mass and part count.

RP0 replaces just about everything with real-life engines, fuels, procedural parts, etc. So I'm afraid that doesn't narrow it down much.

Edited by Zephram Kerman

edit: waaait a minute! Your '1. Me.' post was your very first post here. (Welcome, by the way!) So how did you request this to be made if you hadn't ever posted before?

Cus I discovered a guy who made a similar tool, began discussion with him on a different forum, and the searched for other mod authors who were prime candidates judging by other mods they have worked on, using my detective skills, and searching the internet.. I eventually used the "contact" page on this website rather than use a first forum post.

I was just feigning disappointment, don't worry, glad to be here helping. :)

Mod is Realistic Progression Zero (RP0) which has at least a dozen dependencies. (But all you have to do is select RP0 by itself, and let CKAN handle the rest.)

Couldn't remember, so I tested again just now. All of the vessels from that save have the same issue: invisibility and non-clickiness. But they all cast the correct shadow in SPH, loader thumbnail appears correctly after first load, and the engineer report correctly reads total mass and part count.

RP0 replaces just about everything with real-life engines, fuels, procedural parts, etc. So I'm afraid that doesn't narrow it down much.

I'll have to try some testing with that mod in place - when I have some time and energy.

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I just updated the database to KSP 1.1.2.  I have not done any testing since then.

So, people actually use this?  @linuxgurugamer?

I don't know :-)

I found it while searching for information related to the internal offsets of parts, and was curious.  It's a great idea, and I think I may have a use for it, especially when someone has a craft in flight and sends me the persistent.sfs file, would be useful to pull it out for testing

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know :-)

I found it while searching for information related to the internal offsets of parts, and was curious.  It's a great idea, and I think I may have a use for it, especially when someone has a craft in flight and sends me the persistent.sfs file, would be useful to pull it out for testing

Aha, the Craft Extractor.  That particular tool doesn't use the database, but if they changed the name of any part tree attributes or format, then I may need to make changes.  Please let me know any results you may get.

12 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Aha, the Craft Extractor.  That particular tool doesn't use the database, but if they changed the name of any part tree attributes or format, then I may need to make changes.  Please let me know any results you may get.

I don't need it right now, but will see if I can do something over the weekend

• 3 weeks later...

@Ezriilc For some reason Craft Kitchen doesn't want to process my save files. Maybe they're too big for its liking. Here is the link to the archive, it contains two different saves from 1.0.5 playthrough and my current 1.1.2 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v7a04mdssqv4tt/For%20Craft%20Kitchen.zip?dl=1

Would you kindly take a look.

7 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@Ezriilc For some reason Craft Kitchen doesn't want to process my save files. Maybe they're too big for its liking. Here is the link to the archive, it contains two different saves from 1.0.5 playthrough and my current 1.1.2 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v7a04mdssqv4tt/For%20Craft%20Kitchen.zip?dl=1

Thanks for the report.  I get very little feedback for the Craft Kitchen.

I will take a look at the logs and your saves, and get back to you.

Oh, Enceos, does it give you any sort of error?

4 hours ago, Enceos said:

You are correct that the files were too big, but my error handling was off, so it didn't report it.  I've since raised the file size limit to 10MB which should account for the vast majority of saves out there, and I've fixed the error reporting to alert properly.

Thanks again for your help.  You made Craft Kitchen better!  :)

Oh yea, and try it now!

Just now, Enceos said:

@Ezriilc Lovely! Along with the vessels it extracted all my flags and EVAd Kerbals to craft files :D

Oh yea?  I designed it to be flexible, but I didn't know it would do that, :0.0:.  Are they usable that way?

• 8 months later...
3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is the source code up-to-date?  Also, is the Craft Extractor available in source?

Actually, no.  I've been meaning to, and if you're interested I'm happy to - in the next few days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.