The Grand 0.23 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

The patcher is failing because the site is experiencing the equivalent of a DDOS attack of enthusiastic users who are all trying to download it it at once.

This is what I get when I try to get to the homepage:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/database.php on line 4

MySQL connect failed. Too many connections"

I'm gonna try and be responsible and wait till tomorrow. Try being the operative word. I am excited too!

The game runs much smoother now for me, the optimization is really tangible. The tweakables look great, I like how stuff like landing gear position is actually displayed that way when set to "deployed" in the VAB/SPH. :)

P.S.: Obligatory Mun Landing, 0.23 Edition:

1024x640.resizedimage

Docking

The issue that caused docking ports to resume their states incorrectly after docking, making it impossible to undock afterwards was resolved and a big issue with docking operations through physicsless parts in the hierarchy between the port and the original vessel root was fixed.

This is the most welcome part of this update for me :D thanks Squad :D

"I bought the game on Steam, how do I update?

Steam will automatically update the game for you, unless you have disabled it. You can try to force the update by restarting Steam."

Even with the auto update on, after having waited like 30 minutes, I launched the game, and that's when it said "Update -snip-, do you want it?"

Edited by KasperVld

awesome update, thx squad :kiss:

RAPIER? its soooo thirsty in vac mode :D but I`m glad I dont have to clip me a turboaerojetspike anymore :wink:

I noticed alot less lag with high partcount and/or insane amount of firing engines, Im loving the way controlsurfaces behave now and my graphicscard runs abit hotter at lower usage than in bf4 (nothing critical tho).

good hype, worth it :confused:

"I bought the game on Steam, how do I update?

Steam will automatically update the game for you, unless you have disabled it. You can try to force the update by restarting Steam."

Even with the auto update on, after having waited like 30 minutes, I launched the game, and that's when it said "Update madafaka, do you want it?"

at 12:00 EST, nothing happened. Then I restarted Steam, and voila, it started patching at 12:01 EST sweet. :)

So, the launcher doesn't recognize we've updated, I don't seem to have a patcher.exe, and now, when I try to download it off the main site:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/database.php on line 4

MySQL connect failed. Too many connections

:/

Okay, I've got the patcher up, but for some reason when I try to patch it comes up with this:

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/io.c(605) [Receiver=3.0.9]

rsync exited with code 12: Error in rsync protocol data stream

Can someone explain what this means? I'm not really code savvy.

All I'm gonna say is...

bz6kZXe.png

[EXPLETIVE DELETED]!

I'm running this at probably thirty frames per second, folks. The video I did on the tour is still up on my channel, and there I was getting, what? Four? Six?

I can finish this thing now! I might even break the 10,000 part barrier! Suddenly things out of my reach are not only within grasping range, they've been preemtively put into my pocket.

Squad, you guys made my day. Week. Month. My Kerbal career. Salud!

Okay, I've got the patcher up, but for some reason when I try to patch it comes up with this:

Can someone explain what this means? I'm not really code savvy.

It means that just like the website, the patcher is being overwhelmed with people trying to get their update :)

All my mods broke. Now I have to wait for them to be fixed before I throw up the laboratory station I just designed and send it to Duna, because I can't dock without mechjeb.

Glad I don't have that problem. I can dock on a tumbling docking port now... I know because I had to do it with my first station.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.