.23 and Mods

jfull

Yeah, I expected this to happen and I get to wait probably days to weeks before I should even CONSIDER touching the update button.

I'm running 50+ mods.

The up side? I'm running 50+ mods and swimming in fun content.

The down side? I'm running 50+ mods. That means I have to sift through all of them to ensure everything is up to date.

Flutter-yay. ~_~

They just had to go and break Mechjeb again didn't they... They just don't like that mod or something.

I'm pretty sure the devs don't sit around between releases and say, "Now what changes can we make this time that will break MechJeb?" It's just a side-effect of Squad releasing an alpha game to the public, stuff is going to break between releases.

On the bright side, you didn't pay $60 for what you thought was a completed game only to discover that it was entirely broken (*cough* Rome 2 Total War *cough*).

My mods are all not working...

This isn't a complaining thread, it's an information thread. We're trying to compile a list of mods that work and don't.

However, the OP should update the first post with the past 3 pages' of findings.

My addition: Someone not involved with KER posted a patch that purportedly makes it work in 0.23. I haven't tried it yet.

I'm pretty sure the devs don't sit around between releases and say, "Now what changes can we make this time that will break MechJeb?".

I have it on good authority of the Comittee of Voices in my Head (COVIMH) that not only DO they do that. But they cackle evilly while twirling villanous moustaches and perform dramatic cape sweeps every time they get up to get a fresh drink out of the mini-fridge.

MechJeb has a working dev version, search for it in it's thread, it's not broken anymore altough it has some fails by what I read.

IonCross Crew support works as before.

Crew Manifest works flawlesly.

RemoteTech 2 is not working, in a bad way, don't try to fly with it, you'll be unable to even load.

SCANmap doesn't do anything, but doesn't break anything either.

That's all I've tested by now.

KAS's dead.
Actually, that one's already updated, you should download it.

EDIT:

YAY. Ignore what I said below, my link was bad. The new Kerbal Attachment System is indeed updated.

[citation needed]

Unless there's a different KAS out there Kerbal Attachment System hasn't updated since October 16th.

ISA Mapsat seems to be working ok

That is a surprise, of all the things that should have broke... the oldest least supported mod should have broke at this point. A true testament to his coding skills.

May I recommend to the OP that he edit the first post to put everything into a list based on the information provided as the thread evolves? I doubt in two days' time, when this thread is at 23 pages, very many people will want to sift through the whole cotton-picking thing to get up to speed on what's what.

May I recommend to the OP that he edit the first post to put everything into a list based on the information provided as the thread evolves? I doubt in two days' time, when this thread is at 23 pages, very many people will want to sift through the whole cotton-picking thing to get up to speed on what's what.

Agreed. This way we don't have 50 people asking if the same mod is working when someone already said it was on pages 6, 13, 25, etc.

The following mods work fine for me:

Aviation Lights

Cagesystem Panels

KAS

Kethane

Magic Smoke

Romfarer's Sunbeam

TacSelfDestruct

FASA Asteroids seems ok, except for a graphical glitch in the VAB when you mouseover the item in the parts panel, but the actual parts seem to be fine once launched.

i think i will wait to even LOAD my game until the mods are updated, most if not all my ships I use now are modded. Romfarers Lazor Docking Cam, MechJeb, NovaPunch 2, Proc Fairings are my 4 mods, and I would rather not break something in my save files. A few days or so will see a fix for em i wager. I know, some of my mods according to prior pages are working, but, I would rather them all be GREEN :)

I tried that "working dev version" of mechjeb. About the only thing working is the mechjeb case is available as a part. Other than that its basically useless. The main tab isn't even there...

Weird, it worked for me as well as yesterday with the previous one, ascent, landing, docking, rendezvous, and manuever planner are the modules I've tested succesfully.

Yeah, I expected this to happen and I get to wait probably days to weeks before I should even CONSIDER touching the update button.

The down side? I'm running 50+ mods. That means I have to sift through all of them to ensure everything is up to date.

Flutter-yay. ~_~

I keep a spreadsheet with the latest compatible version I have installed for each

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.