[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

...Turn realism on, and experiments will no longer reset.

Derp! That was it, thanks.

Also in settings, under Realism, there are switches to turn off crew and resource transfers. Set those to off, and Science should be the only item showing in the selection list.

Actually, I'm seeing this with resource transfer turned off in the settings:

screenshot_2015-05-02--10-31-02.png

So looks like resources are still active. Certainly not a big deal, but feel free to check it out if it is a bug.

Derp! That was it, thanks.

Actually, I'm seeing this with resource transfer turned off in the settings:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100018891/ShipManifestScreenshot/screenshot_2015-05-02--10-31-02.png

So looks like resources are still active. Certainly not a big deal, but feel free to check it out if it is a bug.

I was just checking that. I was going to include a screenshot but I noticed that the Resource setting did not work. I thought it was simply my dev version of 4.2.0.0 as I've done some refactoring. But looks like a bug. Will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for using SM!

New Release!

Version 4.2.0.0 - Release 03 May, 2015 - Transfers Expansion Edtion. Multi-Resource & Multi-Part Xfers.

- New: You can now "link" 2 resources together simply by clicking on a Second Resource.

- New: You can now link multiple parts in the Transfer window, and move resources from 1:N, N:N and N:1 parts.

- New: Added Kerbal Gender Management in Roster Window.

- New: Added Revert profession renaming feature to Roster for removing the ascii "1"s from game save. For mod compatibility.

- New: Changed config file from xml to JSON style. No more spamming the KSP debug log.

- New: Cleaned up science transfers. Target details now only shows container modules. No more transfers to an experiment module.

- Fixed: When near debris, SM window sometimes fails to display when icon is clicked from either toolbar.

- Fixed: With CLS enabled, selected target part text displayed in Target Crew Color instead of Target Part color.

- Fixed: Opening/closing a hatch from the hatch control tab fails to update the CLS spaces.

- Fixed: When transferring science, Realism mode prevents moving science to a container in the same part.

- Fixed: Disabling Resources in Settings does not remove Resources from the selection list in the Manifest Window.

- Fixed: Portraits not properly updating after a crew move. Bug introduced in 4.1.3 after revisions to actual crew move timing.

As always, let me know if you run into any issues, or would like to see any changes to features.

Thanks so much for all of your work on this mod! It's incredibly useful for easily maximizing science returns.

I do have one question/request regarding resource dumping however. Why would it not be realistic to vent resources into space mid-flight? For instance, several spacecraft in real life discard spare monoprop and fuel before reentry to ease the thermal load by reducing the mass, and thus the inertia. Needing to turn on god mode to dump resources hurts my soul, and results in other things such as experiments being affected. Currently I could use TAC fuel balancer to do this, but I'd just as soon eliminate a mod from my gameData and go solely with Ship Manifest.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if this has already been discussed!

Thanks so much for all of your work on this mod! It's incredibly useful for easily maximizing science returns.

I do have one question/request regarding resource dumping however. Why would it not be realistic to vent resources into space mid-flight? For instance, several spacecraft in real life discard spare monoprop and fuel before reentry to ease the thermal load by reducing the mass, and thus the inertia. Needing to turn on god mode to dump resources hurts my soul, and results in other things such as experiments being affected. Currently I could use TAC fuel balancer to do this, but I'd just as soon eliminate a mod from my gameData and go solely with Ship Manifest.

You can do this now, by turning off Realism mode. With realism off, you can dump resources vessel wide, or just one part. Just turn it off long enough to perform your dump and then turn it back on (it's only cheating a "little" :D).

However, to answer the question concerning realism, it is because to vent a resource IRL would impart a thrust component on the vessel, even if it was a small one. To do this "properly" we would need a vent part, and then configure the part for the thrust and direction. This would then be behavior somewhat like an RCS component, and cause some rotation, vector, or combination thereof to the vessel. We had discussed this issue around a year ago, and at that time I was not ready to make that leap.

If enough folks would like to see vents, I could create an appropriate part, and then create an appropriate config and action. I've been wanting to begin looking into part creation anyway. I really feel it needs to be a part, as we need to see where the vents are in relation to COM, are they radial, or inline, etc... A part would provide us the needed position information in relation to the overall vessel.

Edit. Dumping/venting in flight was discussed more than a year ago.... link here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62270-1-0-2-Ship-Manifest-%28Crew-Science-Resources%29-v-4-2-0-0-03-May-15?p=966534&viewfull=1#post966534

Edited by Papa_Joe

I seem to have had this problem with NavBall texture, but it went away when I updated to the new Ship Manifest 4.2.0.0. I was using the version before this one (ShipManifest.4.1.4.4_04102015). I didn't think Ship Manifest mod was causing this or was related to this problem. I just wanted to share with you the link to the thread:

I have a bug with this mod, I don't know if anyone is still around that maintains it. I use this mod because I don't have a beefy computer that plays KSP 1.0.2

The problem is when I launch game, go to VAB load say Kerbal Stock X craft, launch it and when I am on the pad, I hit "M" to go to map mode and this is what I see:

KSP%202015-05-03%2015-23-45-38_zpskekexmru.jpg

KSP%202015-05-03%2015-23-41-27_zpsa60qqpnt.jpg

I revert flight and it is still there, the only way to make it go away is restart KSP. When I come back from KSP if I go to tracking station it is fine but if I load a craft and I am on launch pad, that visual error shows up.

Here is my log files:

http://www./download/58he6us0hyuj9g4/KSP_Logs.zip

And here is a Google Doc on what mods I use:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dwITtAoPPUeFB5tnT_q3rAPEGE1iTiLc-8p9zfh6j_M/edit?usp=sharing

I figured it was this mod because when I looked in log files a lot of things kick up from NavBallTextureExport, so when I took that mod out it works fine. So I don't know if its a mod conflict or just this mod needs updated.

- - - Updated - - -

NavBall Texture mod seems to work now, and I don't have that side of white-out now on Kerbin, since updating to the new manifest. Very weird, might not even be related.

I seem to have had this problem with NavBall texture, but it went away when I updated to the new Ship Manifest 4.2.0.0. I was using the version before this one (ShipManifest.4.1.4.4_04102015). I didn't think Ship Manifest mod was causing this or was related to this problem. I just wanted to share with you the link to the thread:

- - - Updated - - -

NavBall Texture mod seems to work now, and I don't have that side of white-out now on Kerbin, since updating to the new manifest. Very weird, might not even be related.

Wow... Well, glad I could "fix" it :D

Can't think of a reason the older version would cause issues, unless it was related to an issue with portrait updates. Although, I cannot see where that could have an effect... I only added a vessel.spawnCrew several frames after I complete the crew transfer...

Edit: after looking at your mod list, I'm aware of an issue with EVE, at certain distances causing Grey or moire patterns...

Smart Parts has a fuel vent part that can be activated through staging. (Link to post with updated version.) If you use two of the horizontal ones in symmetry, the forces are balanced. Although you did say you wanted to avoid an extra mod...

You can do this now, by turning off Realism mode. With realism off, you can dump resources vessel wide, or just one part. Just turn it off long enough to perform your dump and then turn it back on (it's only cheating a "little" :D).

However, to answer the question concerning realism, it is because to vent a resource IRL would impart a thrust component on the vessel, even if it was a small one. To do this "properly" we would need a vent part, and then configure the part for the thrust and direction. This would then be behavior somewhat like an RCS component, and cause some rotation, vector, or combination thereof to the vessel. We had discussed this issue around a year ago, and at that time I was not ready to make that leap.

If enough folks would like to see vents, I could create an appropriate part, and then create an appropriate config and action. I've been wanting to begin looking into part creation anyway. I really feel it needs to be a part, as we need to see where the vents are in relation to COM, are they radial, or inline, etc... A part would provide us the needed position information in relation to the overall vessel.

Edit. Dumping/venting in flight was discussed more than a year ago.... link here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62270-1-0-2-Ship-Manifest-%28Crew-Science-Resources%29-v-4-2-0-0-03-May-15?p=966534&viewfull=1#post966534

Thanks for the reply!

Since that's the case, if you were to create a part, perhaps you could repurpose the linear RCS Port and adjust the thrust produced based on the density of the vented resource and have it be a universal dump port. If you were to venture into part creation, it'd be a reasonably simple foray, no?

Hello, I just had a bug when using stock transfer with realism mode off. I tried to transfer kerbal to lab from pod, but he got stuck in an infinite loop. His portrait was appearing and disappearing constantly and quickly. I could go EVA from pod, but not return back (it said it's full, when I switched to ship with kerbal outside his switching portrait was still there), going to lab through hatch puts him back into pod. When I sent another kebal to lab with the same stock method, he became the one "jumping" instead. Also SM window couldn't be closed due to active transfer. Problem was solved by going to space center and back.

Here's the SM log saved during this whole process. I didn't try to replicate and sent kerbals via EVA, but I can try again later.

- New: Cleaned up science transfers. Target details now only shows container modules. No more transfers to an experiment module.

- Fixed: When near debris, SM window sometimes fails to display when icon is clicked from either toolbar.

- Fixed: When transferring science, Realism mode prevents moving science to a container in the same part.

- Fixed: Disabling Resources in Settings does not remove Resources from the selection list in the Manifest Window.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Wow... Well, glad I could "fix" it :D

Can't think of a reason the older version would cause issues, unless it was related to an issue with portrait updates. Although, I cannot see where that could have an effect... I only added a vessel.spawnCrew several frames after I complete the crew transfer...

Edit: after looking at your mod list, I'm aware of an issue with EVE, at certain distances causing Grey or moire patterns...

I am still have problem, I updated some of my mods and it came back. You wouldn't know what mod could be causing this?

I am still have problem, I updated some of my mods and it came back. You wouldn't know what mod could be causing this?

If I understand that you're referring to odd Kerbin Texture, this is because of EVE city lights. Delete CityLights.dll in EVE folder

If I understand that you're referring to odd Kerbin Texture, this is because of EVE city lights. Delete CityLights.dll in EVE folder

Where abouts do I find that folder?

- - - Updated - - -

OK I got it, not Eve the planet but the E.V.E. (Environment Visual Enhancement mod) got it.

Smart Parts has a fuel vent part that can be activated through staging. (Link to post with updated version.) If you use two of the horizontal ones in symmetry, the forces are balanced. Although you did say you wanted to avoid an extra mod...
Thanks for the reply!

Since that's the case, if you were to create a part, perhaps you could repurpose the linear RCS Port and adjust the thrust produced based on the density of the vented resource and have it be a universal dump port. If you were to venture into part creation, it'd be a reasonably simple foray, no?

If you used a 4 (or 2) way port you could dump fuel without any forces.

Good feedback, and makes sense. So, the trick is to "enforce" symmetry, or create a part that can be scaled (procedurally) to fit the part to which it is being attached. I'd expect it to be a radial attachment in this case, so as to prevent possibility of unbalanced forces. I agree, there is an existing part that could be used for this purpose, but it would "require" that there be 2/4/6/8/12 of them in symmetry...

Hello, I just had a bug when using stock transfer with realism mode off. I tried to transfer kerbal to lab from pod, but he got stuck in an infinite loop. His portrait was appearing and disappearing constantly and quickly. I could go EVA from pod, but not return back (it said it's full, when I switched to ship with kerbal outside his switching portrait was still there), going to lab through hatch puts him back into pod. When I sent another kebal to lab with the same stock method, he became the one "jumping" instead. Also SM window couldn't be closed due to active transfer. Problem was solved by going to space center and back.

Here's the SM log saved during this whole process. I didn't try to replicate and sent kerbals via EVA, but I can try again later.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll investigate and get a fix out pronto.

I am unable to create a female Kerbal or change an existing Kerbal to female. I click the female button the apply edit same Kerbal and the button is set to male again.

Interesting. I admit I did not do a great deal of testing, but I "thought" i created and edited the gender successfully. I will also investigate this.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

You are most welcome!

Interesting. I admit I did not do a great deal of testing, but I "thought" i created and edited the gender successfully. I will also investigate this.

I will reproduce this bug and throw a log up in a couple hours (hopefully). Also, when editing an existing (stock created) female Kerbal it changes gender to male.

I will reproduce this bug and throw a log up in a couple hours (hopefully). Also, when editing an existing (stock created) female Kerbal it changes gender to male.

I found the issue. I have the save logic backwards :P

Save as a Male, and it will be Female... save as a Female and it will be Male. I zigged when I should have zagged.

Will correct in the next release very soon. In the mean time. Just select to opposite of what you want and it will work.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Good feedback, and makes sense. So, the trick is to "enforce" symmetry, or create a part that can be scaled (procedurally) to fit the part to which it is being attached. I'd expect it to be a radial attachment in this case, so as to prevent possibility of unbalanced forces. I agree, there is an existing part that could be used for this purpose, but it would "require" that there be 2/4/6/8/12 of them in symmetry...

No need to get so complex. Just use the existing 4-way RCS port as a dump valve with increased dump speed and no net force--the resource would flow through all four valves simultaneously and cancel each other out. Perhaps leave a much less expensive 1-way port as the low-tech version, and work up the the 4-way.

KISS ;P

I haven't used that valve since around .25, but it was my understanding that it only vented the resources inside the tank to which it was attached, limiting it to only Monoprop/LOX. My idea is to repurpose the 1-way and 4-way RCS ports as universal dump valves integrated into Ship Manifest, so that you can use the GUI to dump whichever resource you want, provided it's flowable and can crossfeed to the valve.

I guess to clarify what I'm asking is to dump waste TACLS resources like Waste Water before reentry. Monoprop and LOX are already dumpable through a decent number of mods, but only TAC fuel balancer and Ship Manifest so far are able to specifically dump just these resources.

Edited by Cleric2145

No need to get so complex. Just use the existing 4-way RCS port as a dump valve with increased dump speed and no net force--the resource would flow through all four valves simultaneously and cancel each other out. Perhaps leave a much less expensive 1-way port as the low-tech version, and work up the the 4-way.

KISS ;P

That sounds like a good idea. Let me take a look at the available parts and see if I like them. I'd prefer a flush mount vent port, but a 4-way RCS could work for a "poor man's" version of it.

The great thing about career mode is that you don't have to worry about 'getting it right' in the final version. You can toss all of your experimental and rough parts in as über-low tech level parts, and the final product can eventually come in as the high-tech variant. All-in-all, I'll be pleased with anything you put out!

I'm assuming you had Override Stock Transfers ON, along with Realism Mode off, correct?

researching it now. sounds like I left out a flag state check on completion in that mode...

Update: Found it, fixed it.

Update coming to correct this and the Gender bending issue soon. (2-4 hours).

Edited by Papa_Joe

Yup, this is what I was getting at when I said 4 (or 2) way port.

For those who might have the same issue, after upgrading I was having a problem recovering craft. Couldn't exit back to the space center or revert at all. Reloading it with KSP Mod Admin didn't seem to do any good.

I deleted the mod folder out of the Gamedata folder, manually installed the mod, and when I saw "No Target" pop up after going to a craft I had previously launched, I hit M and selected Kerbin as the target. I was then able to play as normal.

No idea what caused it, probably just a glitch from how I upgraded and targeting Kerbin fixed it, but I wanted to share in case others have the same problem.