[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

I know that I did not comment on this earlier, but I thought it important for folks to consider these musings.

At some point in game development Squad will do away with the need for many of the mods we have today. This is a simple fact, given the mod community's involvement from nearly the beginning, to fill the "holes" in KSP as it evolved over time.

I'd be surprised if my mod survives to "official" release, as so much will have changed between now and when release finally comes. We are still in alpha, and many features are still being invented and developed.

I'm thinking when we reach beta (near feature complete), I will know much more than I do now regarding the "direction" of SM. it may evolve, or it may simply "die" as a consequence of Squads development road map.

I'm okay with either. SM is nearing feature complete, with bugs and minor tweaks remaining after Hatches. You folks will let me know what if anything else is needed with time. :)

I'm hoping I get the chance to create something else of value for the community, and my planned checklists plugin may be that project.

Words of Wisdom for many a mod or modder.

Hello there,

I've got a lot of errors with my ship...

Here're the log, probably an issue with some of my parts...

Here the plug-in log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbpk84s3hcg1n5b/PluginData.7z?dl=0

Here the output log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hxs0fwj1f0wiei/output_log.7z?dl=0

Kind regards.

I took a look at your logs (thanks so much for that!), and it is a known issue with SM and CLS (Connected Living Spaces). you can get rid of the errors by turning off CLS in the settings window.

I've posted this as a known issue in my OP. A rework of CLS highlighting is coming. Notice my Signature quote? I'm on the doing it over part :P

Thanks for reporting it!

Hehe, thanks for the reply, it's just I read about this issue but the option was unchecked when this happened ;)

Un-checked you say??? then that be one of those "you shouldn't be here" moments... :P

I best be a lookin' at my code...

Update.

Found it. Thanks for the report. Will be resolved next release.

Edited by Papa_Joe

You're welcome, it's like Active Texture management issue I had... which was in the version I got acting for every add-on even without a config file... it was in fact a bug so a new option to compress everything not yet managed has been added lol!

Sometime, bugs aren't that obvious, I always hated that, and other people always think of new way to use your tools you've never thought of ;)... So the only way is to report everything, even the slightly odd thing, because it could lead to a solution.

No alpha build to download by any chance? :)

Edited by FrancoisH

You're welcome, it's like Active Texture management issue I had... which was in the version I got acting for every add-on even without a config file... it was in fact a bug so a new option to compress everything not yet managed has been added lol!

Sometime, bugs aren't that obvious, I always hated that, and other people always think of new way to use your tools you've never thought of ;)... So the only way is to report everything, even the slightly odd thing, because it could lead to a solution.

No alpha build to download by any chance? :)

True that.

I'm in the middle of reworking the CLS highlighting, so at the moment CLS highlighting is not working at all. However, if you are not using CLS enabled, standard Crew mode seems pretty stable. I could post an alpha. Use at your own Risk..

I've three questions:

• Is it possible to use Sir Dargon science containers? It don't show in the options to transfer science into, so I suppose it's not.
  • Why don't I have the option to change crew on the launchpad? Even with realism unchecked?
  • Is it compatible with TAC Fuel Load Balancer?

Sorry for such dumb questions, I think I'm a bit lost currently :)

Edited by FrancoisH

I've three questions:

• Is it possible to use Sir Dargon science containers? It don't show in the options to transfer science into, so I suppose it's not.
  • Why don't I have the option to change crew on the launchpad? Even with realism unchecked?
  • Is it compatible with TAC Fuel Load Balancer?

Sorry for such dumb questions, I think I'm a bit lost currently :)

1. Just took a look at Sir Dargon. The mod developer does not implement IScienceDataContainer in his class definitions. To maintain compatibility with other mods, it seems the standard is to implement IScienceDataContainer This exposes the science containers in the module and allows me to add data. You might inquire of the mod developer to make that modification.

2. What do you mean "change crew" You can add and remove individual kerbals, and you can fill/empty the ship... so help me with what you are trying to accomplish.

3. TAC Fuel Load Balancer and SM will coexist nicely. If you prefer the resource features of Tac, turn off resource transfers in SM settings, and you will be left with Crew and Science.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Stock SM button keeps disappearing sometimes during flight. Any ideas how to prevent that? I'll try switching back to blizzy's toolbar, maybt it'll be more stable (even though I had some issues with that button before update - sometimes it refused to close SM main window, somehow it was fixing itself after docking).

With out coming off as aggressive or forceful. You need to fix this because the CLS glitch makes the game unplayable.

Without sounding either offended or defensive, I'd be happy to fix it... If I knew what "IT" is... :D

I'm sorry, but "the CLS glitch" doesn't translate into code very well...

In any case, I'm reconstructing CLS highlighting as we speak. I've cleaned up the bugs and have a working version, but CLS highlighting is not functional. I can release that alpha, and you can use it with CLS installed or not.

I'll post what I have right now in Github and you can download "if you dare".

BTW, imho, it is not a bad thing to "need my mod". It actually makes me feel pretty good that I was able to add some value to the community, and that expectations are being placed on me to maintain a higher standard. It is the price of success, so I'll take that as proof of SM's success :)

Without sounding either offended or defensive, I'd be happy to fix it... If I knew what "IT" is... :D

I'm sorry, but "the CLS glitch" doesn't translate into code very well...

In any case, I'm reconstructing CLS highlighting as we speak. I've cleaned up the bugs and have a working version, but CLS highlighting is not functional. I can release that alpha, and you can use it with CLS installed or not.

I'll post what I have right now in Github and you can download "if you dare".

BTW, imho, it is not a bad thing to "need my mod". It actually makes me feel pretty good that I was able to add some value to the community, and that expectations are being placed on me to maintain a higher standard. It is the price of success, so I'll take that as proof of SM's success :)

Again my clever attempt at sarcasm seems to have not landed. Its the same problem that a few people have reported. Which is the debug menu comes up and it wont go away even after pressing close. I can try and recreate it but as of now I installed it a few sessions ago. So I would have to start over. If you want I can install it and then send you my log. I know you were working on a fix, I was just trying to let you know (through sarcasm) how important SM is at least to my game. Flying around collecting science from various experiments is no longer an option. Once you see how easy it is to transfer science you can't go back.

Edited by sp1989

Again my clever attempt at sarcasm seems to have not landed. Its the same problem that a few people have reported. Which is the debug menu comes up and it wont go away even after pressing close. I can try and recreate it but as of now I installed it a few sessions ago. So I would have to start over. If you want I can install it and then send you my log. I know you were working on a fix, I was just trying to let you know (through sarcasm) how important SM is at least to my game. Flying around collecting science from various experiments is no longer an option. Once you see how easy it is to transfer science you can't go back.

My apologies. I thought I was being clever in return :P

No need to recreate. just saying it is the same as previously reported will work

In my last comment in my previous post, I was actually paying you a compliment.... you like my mod. Can't be all bad. :D

My apologies. I thought I was being clever in return :P

No need to recreate. just saying it is the same as previously reported will work

In my last comment in my previous post, I was actually paying you a compliment.... you like my mod. Can't be all bad. :D

Well then lets just agree that I am not good at sarcasm and I don't know how to pick up on a compliment when I see one.:D

Well then lets just agree that I am not good at sarcasm and I don't know how to pick up on a compliment when I see one.:D

Fair enough, and I'll stick to coding. I seem to do it marginally better :P

With that said,

Version 0.25.0_3.3.2a - Interim Release with bug fixes and removal of CLS Highlighting

- New: Added Resource Fill button when Realism is off.

- New: Added Part Fill and Dump of a resource when Realism is off.

- Improvement: error handling on frame based errors are now trapped for first occurance. Subsequent errors will not produce a log entry.

- Bug: When crew is selected, and ONLY the Source part OR the Target part is selected, clicking on a move kerbal (>>) button produces an error.

- Bug: When changing vessesls with the manifest window open, ClearResourceHighlighting causes an error.

- http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62270-0-25-0-Ship-Manifest-(Crew-Science-Resources)-v0-24-2_3-3-2-28-Sep-14?p=1481125&viewfull=1#post1481125

I'm packaging now. I may as well release, as it is at the very least better than the previous release, but with no CLS highlighting. I am working on that...

Fair enough, and I'll stick to coding. I seem to do it marginally better :P

With that said,

Version 0.25.0_3.3.2a - Interim Release with bug fixes and removal of CLS Highlighting

- New: Added Resource Fill button when Realism is off.

- New: Added Part Fill and Dump of a resource when Realism is off.

- Improvement: error handling on frame based errors are now trapped for first occurance. Subsequent errors will not produce a log entry.

- Bug: When crew is selected, and ONLY the Source part OR the Target part is selected, clicking on a move kerbal (>>) button produces an error.

- Bug: When changing vessesls with the manifest window open, ClearResourceHighlighting causes an error.

- http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62270-0-25-0-Ship-Manifest-(Crew-Science-Resources)-v0-24-2_3-3-2-28-Sep-14?p=1481125&viewfull=1#post1481125

I'm packaging now. I may as well release, as it is at the very least better than the previous release, but with no CLS highlighting. I am working on that...

Version 0.25.0_3.3.2a has been released on github, curse and kerbalstuff

Hey so an intresting thing happens. Sometimes ship manifest will disappear from the stock toolbar, and it doesn't comeback. I have not tried Blizzy's toolbar. I am gonna put it there next and see what happens but 4 times now it just disappears and there is no way to access it. Here is a copy of my log so you can see whats going on. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

Hey so an intresting thing happens. Sometimes ship manifest will disappear from the stock toolbar, and it doesn't comeback. I have not tried Blizzy's toolbar. I am gonna put it there next and see what happens but 4 times now it just disappears and there is no way to access it. Here is a copy of my log so you can see whats going on. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

I had seen that earlier. I thought I had it licked. Disappears when you go to the map and back. Is SM being displayed when you go to the map or does it happen whether or not SM is displayed?

I'll take another look at the button management code to see what I'm missing. Thanks!

I had seen that earlier. I thought I had it licked. Disappears when you go to the map and back. Is SM being displayed when you go to the map or does it happen whether or not SM is displayed?

I'll take another look at the button management code to see what I'm missing. Thanks!

Nope it's nowhere to be found :(