[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

26 minutes ago, nothingSpecial said:

Also probably a bug or an oversight: there is also no Sleek option:

unknown.png

Indeed.  I noted that as I was going over your first request.  KSP version 1.10 offers a kerbal suit creator tool.  I think there are some mods that are leveraging that.  I may be able to build support for suits built using the built in tool.  I'll check it out some more.  Would be a simple thing to check to see if custom suits exist and then display them as options.

No promises yet, but it makes sense to do.

Edited by Papa_Joe

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Looks like this feature is in demand.  I've posted to a request thread here:  

I'm making progress on it.  Provide your thoughts on how the UI should look.  thanks!

Any way to rip the game's built-in UI? Basically place the little "Clothes Hanger" icon next to the Kerbal's name, and that activates the default Squad suit-switcher interface?

(for reference - not my pic)

5RoqHmr.png

3 hours ago, lemon cup said:

Any way to rip the game's built-in UI? Basically place the little "Clothes Hanger" icon next to the Kerbal's name, and that activates the default Squad suit-switcher interface?

(for reference - not my pic)

5RoqHmr.png

Let's see what I can do...

On the one hand, this would be a nice solution. on the other, the suit picker is really very cluttered: you can have one additional default suit skin and two additional vintage/futuristic/sleek suits visible, everything else should be picked with "previous"/"next" buttons.

If it won't take too much effort, could you consider making the alternative list without preview, but with more variants visible?

On 12/20/2021 at 6:43 AM, nothingSpecial said:

On the one hand, this would be a nice solution. on the other, the suit picker is really very cluttered: you can have one additional default suit skin and two additional vintage/futuristic/sleek suits visible, everything else should be picked with "previous"/"next" buttons.

If it won't take too much effort, could you consider making the alternative list without preview, but with more variants visible?

Thanks for the feedback.  I prefer a minimalist interface myself, so I will be looking over that in my decision making process. 

In other news, I just finished my move to Guadalajara, have reunited with my wife :D , and have set up my PC.  Looking back into my code to figure out what the h*** I was thinking.... :P 

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 2 weeks later...

New version.  On Git, SpaceDock and Curse.  CKAN will likely follow on their regular update sweep.

Version 6.0.5.0 - Release 10 Jan 2022 - KSP 1.12.2
--------------------------------------------------
 - New: Added Resizing height to Manifest and Transfer Windows. Persists between saves.  This expands the button selection panes only.
 - Changed:  Refactored persistant settings into Separate classes for cleaner code.
 - Fixed: Add missing suit type "Slim" to Crew suit assignments in Roster.
 - Fixed: Correct tool tip for Realistic Crew Transfer option in Realism Settings.

I'm working on Kerbalism for Science and adding suit changes.  Learning how the stock HelmetSuitPicker is implemented.  that is taking time.  I could build a homegrown version, or just a text based suit selector.  but wanted to take some more time on it.  These features were ready, so I pushed them to allow for that time to explore the stock picker

I'll keep everyone posted.  Suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy!

The old save was unable to load after updating SM and MLP.
It's loaded ok after reverting SM and MLP to the previous versions.
Since NullReferenceException is about ProtoCrewMember.CalculateExperiencePoints, it is probably related to the last update of the SM ? 

Spoiler
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ProtoCrewMember.CalculateExperiencePoints (GameParameters parameters, Game+Modes mode) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoCrewMember.CalculateExperiencePoints (Game game) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoCrewMember..ctor (Game+Modes mode, ConfigNode node, ProtoCrewMember+KerbalType crewType) [0x00cb2] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at KerbalRoster..ctor (ConfigNode node, Game+Modes mode) [0x00091] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at Game..ctor (ConfigNode root) [0x00929] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at GamePersistence.LoadGameCfg (ConfigNode node, System.String saveName, System.Boolean nullIfIncompatible, System.Boolean suppressIncompatibleMessage) [0x00030] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at MainMenu.OnLoadDialogPipelineFinished (ConfigNode node, System.String save) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at MainMenu+<>c__DisplayClass83_0.<OnLoadDialogFinished>b__0 (ConfigNode n) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext, Callback`1[T] onSucceed, Callback`2[T,U] onFail) [0x00142] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at MainMenu.OnLoadDialogFinished (System.String save) [0x000ff] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at LoadGameDialog.ConfirmLoadGame () [0x00007] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at LoadGameDialog.OnButtonLoad () [0x000b5] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00010] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00022] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x0001c] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00009] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00007] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) [0x00063] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ReleaseMouse(PointerEventData, GameObject)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

player.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-iBZhU3B1b2twz2DB  

5 hours ago, flart said:

The old save was unable to load after updating SM and MLP.
It's loaded ok after reverting SM and MLP to the previous versions.
Since NullReferenceException is about ProtoCrewMember.CalculateExperiencePoints, it is probably related to the last update of the SM ? 

Reveal hidden contents
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ProtoCrewMember.CalculateExperiencePoints (GameParameters parameters, Game+Modes mode) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoCrewMember.CalculateExperiencePoints (Game game) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at ProtoCrewMember..ctor (Game+Modes mode, ConfigNode node, ProtoCrewMember+KerbalType crewType) [0x00cb2] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at KerbalRoster..ctor (ConfigNode node, Game+Modes mode) [0x00091] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at Game..ctor (ConfigNode root) [0x00929] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at GamePersistence.LoadGameCfg (ConfigNode node, System.String saveName, System.Boolean nullIfIncompatible, System.Boolean suppressIncompatibleMessage) [0x00030] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at MainMenu.OnLoadDialogPipelineFinished (ConfigNode node, System.String save) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at MainMenu+<>c__DisplayClass83_0.<OnLoadDialogFinished>b__0 (ConfigNode n) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext, Callback`1[T] onSucceed, Callback`2[T,U] onFail) [0x00142] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at MainMenu.OnLoadDialogFinished (System.String save) [0x000ff] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at LoadGameDialog.ConfirmLoadGame () [0x00007] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at LoadGameDialog.OnButtonLoad () [0x000b5] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00010] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00022] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x0001c] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00009] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00007] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) [0x00063] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ReleaseMouse(PointerEventData, GameObject)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

player.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-iBZhU3B1b2twz2DB  

Looking at the log, I see 8 null reference exceptions, and none relate to SM.  I'd made no changes to protocrewmember.  So, I'm not sure what the experiencepoints issue is.  the upgrade pipeline did complain about several things.  I will admit that I have not tested an old save with the new version.  I will do that.

Update:  Tested with an old save, no issues.  Not SM related what ever it is.  Hope that helps.

Edited by Papa_Joe

1 hour ago, ElonsMusk said:

Confirming the window sizing works great!! I've wanted this forever it will help us manage larger transfers.

example:

Reveal hidden contents

4bmjFJW.png

Glad to hear it!  I'm working to add resizing to other windows as appropriate.  Roster and control come to mind.  Don't know that settings needs it.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Window resizing is done, and right click Transfer window display is done.  Now you can right click on the app icon, and if you left resources selected in the Manifest window, the Transfer window will display separately.  Also, if you close the manifest window with resources selected, the Transfer window will remain open.  These features will be included in the 6.0.6.0 release.  Looking into a hover tooltip for clarity. 

Now back to trying to get Suit combo changing to work...

Tooltip for app Icon is done.  Can be disabled in settings under tooltips.  I'm going to package up what I have and do a release soon.

Still *procrastinating* looking at the Combo suit editing.  Haven't forgotten it.  But I did say I make no promises. :P .  

Release in the AM (Central time) on Wednesday, 1/19/2022

Preliminary change notes:  v 6.0.6.0

- New: Added ability to open Transfer window separately from Manifest window.  If resources are selected in the Manifest window,
        right click the app Icon to toggle the transfer window directly. Manifest window can be closed any time.
        Issue: https://github.com/papajoessoup/ShipManifest/issues/60
 - New: Added App Icon Hover Tooltip for Mod Description and hints on use of left and right clicks in SM.  Can be disabled in Settings, Tooltips.  
 - New: Added Resizing height to all Windows. Persists between saves.
        Issues: https://github.com/papajoessoup/ShipManifest/issues/45 and
                https://github.com/papajoessoup/ShipManifest/issues61
 - New: Refactored resizing code to be window agnostic.
 - New: Refactored closing transfer window during in progress transfer operations.  Now pauses the transfers and prompts the user to confirm killing transfer to close window.
 - Changed: Refactored and moved some Gui utility methods from SmAddon to GuiUtils

Off to bed.

Update.  Release 6.0.6.0 is out.  Available on Git, SpaceDock, Curse and CKAN when it next sweeps

Version 6.0.6.0 - Release 19 Jan 2022 - KSP 1.12.3
--------------------------------------------------
 - New: Added ability to open Transfer window separately from Manifest window.  If resources are selected in the Manifest window,
        right click the app Icon to toggle the transfer window directly. Manifest window can be closed any time.
        Issue: https://github.com/papajoessoup/ShipManifest/issues/60
 - New: Added App Icon Hover Tooltip for Mod Description and hints on use of left and right clicks in SM.  Can be disabled in Settings, Tooltips.  
 - New: Added Resizing height to all Windows. Persists between saves.
        Issues: https://github.com/papajoessoup/ShipManifest/issues/45 and
                https://github.com/papajoessoup/ShipManifest/issues61
 - New: Refactored resizing code to be window agnostic.
 - New: Refactored closing transfer window during in progress transfer operations.  Now pauses the transfers and prompts the user to confirm killing transfer to close window.
 - Changed: Refactored and moved some Gui utility methods from SmAddon to GuiUtils

Enjoy.  Let me know if there are any issues or changes wanted to the new features.

Edited by Papa_Joe
Release 6.0.6.0

[bug] Changing the Realistic Res Transfer settings and clicking save, doesn't show the hidden resources at once.
They appear after clicking any other resource in the SM windows.
https://streamable.com/zxygeh

[Feature Request] Ability to Dump specific amount of resource.
same Xfer interface, but it is "Dump" instead of Xfer, and it is active if there toggled resource only on the one side of the window.
Also it clears all "Dump" buttons for every resource and give more width space for text. 

Spoiler

current:

x3ln7uW.jpeg

dump is the same as xfer:

CUaU1de.jpeg

4 hours ago, flart said:

[bug] Changing the Realistic Res Transfer settings and clicking save, doesn't show the hidden resources at once.
They appear after clicking any other resource in the SM windows.
https://streamable.com/zxygeh

[Feature Request] Ability to Dump specific amount of resource.
same Xfer interface, but it is "Dump" instead of Xfer, and it is active if there toggled resource only on the one side of the window.
Also it clears all "Dump" buttons for every resource and give more width space for text. 

Hide contents

current:

x3ln7uW.jpeg

dump is the same as xfer:

CUaU1de.jpeg

It would appear that bug has been there for a long time.  Thanks for the catch.

Resources not updating properly after changing Realistic Transfers setting in Settings window and saving · Issue #63 · PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest (github.com)

I'll add the dump request to the Git Issues log.  I may have questions on it's behavior later.

Add ability to dump specific quantities of a given resource · Issue #62 · PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest (github.com)

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 2 months later...

This has been quite helpful to organize my science experiments. Just some feedback, mostly about the science window... 

Window resizing is nice addition but the lower science pane is still quite small. Perhaps both panes could scale vertically equally? or the bottom pane could start scaling after all rows are visible in the top pane? It also clips some larger items, so it would be nice to resize horizontal and vertical... One Window and TAC Fuel Balancer for examples. 

There's some issue with the Unity style font exceeding the tooltip box size. The non-unity format is good though, so not a big issue.

Spoiler

TO3vxqf.png

VmpIOUr.png

Some really large descriptions cause the text box to go off the screen, so I can't tell what biome it's from:

Spoiler

z2dB26F.png

Maybe text wrap or just truncate it? 

Maybe beyond this mod's scope but I really wish there was there was another PAW option for science containers to "collect sensor data"  instead of only "collect all".

PS: I'm using 6.0.6.0 on KSP 1.12.3

Edited by Krazy1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, LTL King said:

I selected ship manifest on the stock toolbar and the help menu would not go away.
Right click left click. Open close the manifest. Nothing works

Open the settings window. Click on the Tooltips tab and then clear the radio button Beside "Enable all tooltips". The tooltip window should go away after you move your mouse about a bit over different parts of the window (can sometimes take a few seconds and moving it over different buttons and such). Once the tooltip window is cleared you can reenable the option or leave it off to prevent a recurrence. In extreme cases you may need to restart the game to get rid of the stuck tooltip. 

• 1 month later...

Is it possible, that Xfer Crew with the SM somehow interrupts the OnVesselCrewWasModified event, that is run by default "Transfer Crew" PAW button?

ScienceLabInfo  "Rate Modifier (scientists)" field is changed if you put new kerbal in the lab using stock button, but does not changed with the SM xfer 

Edited by flart

5 hours ago, flart said:

Is it possible, that Xfer Crew with the SM somehow interrupts the OnVesselCrewWasModified event, that is run by default "Transfer Crew" PAW button?

ScienceLabInfo  "Rate Modifier (scientists)" field is changed if you put new kerbal in the lab using stock button, but does not changed with the SM xfer 

I do intercept certain portions of the Stock Crew transfer.  OnCrewTransferPartListCreated, OnCrewTransferSelected, and OnVesselWasModified.  I do not intercept OnVesselCrewWasModified.  There is an option to disable Stock crew Transfers, so You can try making sure that option is disabled.  Additionally, there is also an option to override Stock Crew transfers, so you get SM behavior even with The stock transfer button.  Maybe there is something I'm not handling properly there?

Rate Modifier is not updating?  Is this in the editor or in flight?  I will need a bit more detail for that one.

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 4 weeks later...

@Papa_Joe

You've done amazing work with this mod.

Was looking at it, and came across this small issue in the title bar:

mFOehXt.png

I didn't see the issue anywhere else.

One request for a config setting:  My toolbar in my main game is very cluttered due to the number of mods, and for various reasons, I don't use Blizzy.  Having an extra button on the toolbar at the spacecenter is unnecessary clutter, IMHO.  Could you consider the following changes:

1. Add a button on the Ship Manifest Roster window (which opens when on the space center) to open the settings window, only if the following option is enabled:
  2. Add a config option which would hide the settings button on the toolbar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.