[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

On 7/24/2022 at 6:33 AM, flart said:

ScienceLabInfo  "Rate Modifier (scientists)" field is changed if you put new kerbal in the lab using stock button, but does not changed with the SM xfer

On 7/24/2022 at 11:38 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Rate Modifier is not updating?  Is this in the editor or in flight?  I will need a bit more detail for that on

Sound like in flight.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Papa_Joe

You've done amazing work with this mod.

Was looking at it, and came across this small issue in the title bar:

mFOehXt.png

I didn't see the issue anywhere else.

One request for a config setting:  My toolbar in my main game is very cluttered due to the number of mods, and for various reasons, I don't use Blizzy.  Having an extra button on the toolbar at the spacecenter is unnecessary clutter, IMHO.  Could you consider the following changes:

1. Add a button on the Ship Manifest Roster window (which opens when on the space center) to open the settings window, only if the following option is enabled:
  2. Add a config option which would hide the settings button on the toolbar

1.  Interesting.  it is crashing on the vesselName.  I haven't seen that before.   Can you tell me the name of the vessel, and is this repeatable with another vessel?  I'm not getting an error.  I even tried extra long names and got no error...
2.  Sounds like a good idea.   I can add an option for the Space Center button behavior.

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

1.  Interesting.  it is crashing on the vesselName.  I haven't seen that before.   Can you tell me the name of the vessel, and is this repeatable with another vessel?  I'm not getting an error.  I even tried extra long names and got no error...
2.  Sounds like a good idea.   I can add an option for the Space Center button behavior.

It was one of the first two stock planes.  I'll send you a log file when I get home, if still needed

7 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Well, I just tried to replicate it, and it's working fine.

I didn't see any errors in the log file from when I got the error either.

So I'll write it up to a GOK (God Only Knows) for now, if I see it again, I'll let you know

20 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Interesting.  it is crashing on the vesselName.  I haven't seen that before.   Can you tell me the name of the vessel, and is this repeatable with another vessel?  I'm not getting an error.  I even tried extra long names and got no error...

Stock vessel names are localized. You're supposed to use Vessel.GetDisplayName(), not the Vessel.vesselName field directly.

• 4 months later...

it seems science cannot be transferred ? 
i docked an MK3 capsule to a hitchiher module. 
all science was then transferred automatically to the hitchhiker. 
now I want to decouple the MK3 to de-orbit / land, yetthe science cannot be transferred back into the MK3 ? 
the log shows it gets transferred, but immediatly and autmatically it goes back into the hitchiker ? 

what am I doing wrong ? 

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I accidentally hit EVA and controls no longer worked when I left the ship, including the keyboard hotkeys. I couldn't {B} Board back into the plane. ESC does not work. I had to Task Manager kill the game. I had not used the EVA button before and have had no problems with anything else. I didn't intend to use it this time either, heh. 

• 4 weeks later...

When transferring crew into a full part (all seats filled), I had previously seen the top crew from the destination transferred into the source part. The two crew would swap seats between the two parts. Now the source crew is transferred into no where. They just disappear. The old behavior was quite handy when both the source and destination were full. I'm including various logs.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10YFC-eY6CTx9M3ue9FwLDeaBWY0P49z1?usp=sharing

Thanks for supporting this mod. It's very useful.

Edited by luna_cat

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2023 at 5:52 PM, luna_cat said:

When transferring crew into a full part (all seats filled), I had previously seen the top crew from the destination transferred into the source part. The two crew would swap seats between the two parts. Now the source crew is transferred into no where. They just disappear. The old behavior was quite handy when both the source and destination were full. I'm including various logs.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10YFC-eY6CTx9M3ue9FwLDeaBWY0P49z1?usp=sharing

Thanks for supporting this mod. It's very useful.

During my absence, there was some work done on crew transfers to fix another (or this) bug.  I will revisit.  a new version is currently in work with some refactoring, bug fixes etc.  The latest is in the Dev branch of my github Repo for any brave souls that want to build and test.  

On 4/27/2022 at 1:06 AM, jebycheek said:

I have encountered a problem ,description window will pop out once I stop my  cursor on the icon ,and it won't disappear ,the only solution is restart the game,So can anyone tells me how to disarm this mechanism? :confused:

Sorry for the (extremely) late reply.  go to Settings, Tooltips, and there is an option for the appIcon.  disable and you won't see the tooltip anymore...

Edited by Papa_Joe

So, I'm in the midst of adding KSP UI Scale support to ShipManifest.  it is mostly complete, and a few tweaks remain.  A bit more testing in both default settings and various scale settings also remain.  I suspect this work will be done in the next couple of days, and v6.0.7.0 will be released.  Preliminary Change notes:

Version 6.0.7.0 - Release TBD - KSP 1.12.5
--------------------------------------------------
- Fixed: Correct error in SMManifest window with the vessel name.  Was using a nonlocalized name. Now properly localized.
- Fixed: Rate Modifier field in Science window was displaying incorrect value.  Now properly displays the value.
- Fixed: Correct resource display error when RealXfers setting is changed and Saved in Realism settings.
          Issue: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/issues/63
 - Fixed: Memory leak on SM destruction.  One handler was not being removed.
          Issue: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/issues/64
 - New: Refactored mod to support KSP UI scaling.  you folks with the 4k monitors should be able to see the text now.
 - New: Localized Screen messages in Crew transfers.
        Note: Many localizations are machine translations. Any help in improving them is appreciated.
 - New: Added a Settings button to the Roster window when in the Space Center.  This button appears if you disable the Settings icon on the toolbar.
        This setting is in the Config Tab.
 - Changed: Refactored remaining windows and tabs to clean up display code.  Moved a lot of redundant code into GUI utility methods.

Back to work....

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok, KSP interface scaling is now supported.  New release out on SpaceDock, CurseForge and Github.  CKAN should sweep and pick it up within the next 24 hours...  @HebaruSan  Just shout out to you.  Been a while since I released an update... might you need a nudge (due to a stale mod)?

Change Notes:
Version 6.0.7.0 - Release 25 Apr 2023 - KSP 1.12.5
- Fixed: Correct error in Manifest window with the vessel name.  Was using a nonlocalized name. Now properly localized.
- Fixed: Rate Modifier field in Science window was displaying incorrect value.  Now properly displays the value.
- Fixed: Correct resource display error when RealXfers setting is changed and Saved in Realism settings.
          Issue: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/issues/63
 - Fixed: Memory leak on SM destruction.  One handler was not being removed.
          Issue: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/issues/64
 - New: Refactored mod to support KSP UI scaling.  You folks with the 4k monitors should be able to see the text now.
 - New: Localized Screen messages in Crew transfers.
        Note: Many localizations are machine translations. Any help in improving them is appreciated.
 - New: Added a Settings button to the Roster window when in the Space Center.  This button appears if you disable the Settings icon
        on the toolbar.  This setting is in the Config Tab.
 - Changed: Refactored remaining windows and tabs to clean up display code.  Moved a lot of redundant code into GUI utility methods.
 - Changed: Refactored all windows to cache all localization strings and object size values.
            Object size values only recalculate if the KSP UI Scale is changed.  Hopefully this helps a bit with performance.

Let me know if you find any issues.  I think it works pretty well at any scale.  I'm now starting to look at horizontal resizing.  I wanted to get the scaling done before I tackled that.

Enjoy!  

Edited by Papa_Joe
Clarification on object size values

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Ok, KSP interface scaling is now supported.

Nice! I appreciate it for 4K. However it seems to be applying the UI text scaling to other mods. Specifically I see it on Pilot Assistant v1.13.4.c. I installed v6.0.7.0 from CKAN, then PA text was larger but that's a problem because the way the text overflows and wraps to the next line and how the window autoscales the boarder assumes standard text size, so some is cut off. I reverted to v6.0.6.0 and PA UI was back to normal. I didn't go back to v6.0.7.0 again (too late today) but I have the previous player log... doubtful but maybe some help. I have a lot of mods though. I have UI Scale at 170%.

player log link

9 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Nice! I appreciate it for 4K. However it seems to be applying the UI text scaling to other mods. Specifically I see it on Pilot Assistant v1.13.4.c. I installed v6.0.7.0 from CKAN, then PA text was larger but that's a problem because the way the text overflows and wraps to the next line and how the window autoscales the boarder assumes standard text size, so some is cut off. I reverted to v6.0.6.0 and PA UI was back to normal. I didn't go back to v6.0.7.0 again (too late today) but I have the previous player log... doubtful but maybe some help. I have a lot of mods though. I have UI Scale at 170%.

player log link

I think I understand the issue.  I'm still learning about how unity applies skins, so I may have just altered the current skin, so it affects all mods that use the built in skins.  This is something that dates back to the mod's origin, so the problem has been there a long time. 

I'm working on setting up a custom skin.  going thru the mod to make sure I've addressed it properly.  I'll keep you posted.  Also in work on the horizontal resizing.  got it working (sort of) so there is still a bit more work to do there.  I'll release an update with both things in the near future.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok, I've reworked the mod to use a custom skin.  Since SM used either Unity skin or the KSP skin, the custom skin is rebuilt, depending on the skin selected in Settings.  As before, you can switch between them, but for all controls to properly reflect the changes, you have to restart the game.  KSP also recommends a restart for any scale changes.  In any case, if you want to change the KSP scale or the skin used, a restart is recommended.  KSP scale changes will no longer affect other mods.

Finally, I've added width resizing to all windows.  This is dynamic, just like the height resizing.   I should be releasing this new version tomorrow (Mexico Central time).

Change notes to be released with the release of the new version.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Release 6.0.8.0 is out.

Version 6.0.8.0 - Release 28 Apr 2023 - KSP 1.12.5
- New:  Added horizontal window resizing to all windows.  SM will remember these settings  between saves.
- Fixed: Correct window scaling issue where other mods were affected by SM when changing the KSP Scale.
         This was caused by GUI.skin issues as SM was altering the built in skins.
         SM now uses a custom skin constructed dynamically from the selected built-in scales, so only SM windows are affected.
         Issue: Forum post https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/56643-112x-ship-manifest-crew-science-resources-v-6070-25-apr-23/&do=findComment&comment=4277051

- Changed:  adjusted window heights for the Unity skin and the KSP skin.  This makes window resizing more reliable.

This should work better, and I think the horizontal resizing will please those folks with long names in their parts

Edited by Papa_Joe

@Papa_Joe thanks but I'm still having trouble with 6.0.8.0. It's resizing text in Waypoint Manager so text is being clipped and it's resizing buttons (but not text) in Principia. I also can't resize the SM window... when I grab the bottom right corner it just flickers between the present size and a vertically smaller size but won't actually change size at all. 

resizing buttons in principia and resizing text in waypoint mangaer.  Labels in Waypoint Manager or data entry boxes?  I was pretty certain I had handled all labels and buttons (I had to add the custom style to every label, textbox, button, etc) .  I will go back thru the whole mod to see if there were any I missed.  The resize does have some differences in height when changing skins, but I also addressed that in my code.  Is it all windows or just certain ones?  also try deleting the smSetting.dat file in the plugin/plugindata folder.  if you installed the mod over the previous version that could also cause problems.  this is why I recommend deleting the mod before updating it.  Let me know what you find.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:15 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Let me know what you find.

So I did miss the note about deleting the previous version - I simply updated it with CKAN. So today I removed it and then reinstalled (with CKAN). Same result. I tried deleting the smSetting.dat, no change. Note I'm using 4kSP_Expanded if that matters. I found more mods with text or buttons affected but SM itself seems most wonky. I can't resize the window at all. It just flickers rapidly between 2 different vertical heights when I try to resize it and when moving it. 

Baseline collage with SM 0.6.0.6:

FMvNky8.png

Same collage with SM 0.6.0.8:

ck3HJmT.png

Changes circled:

TwVVPxi.png

On 5/2/2023 at 2:34 AM, Krazy1 said:

So I did miss the note about deleting the previous version - I simply updated it with CKAN. So today I removed it and then reinstalled (with CKAN). Same result. I tried deleting the smSetting.dat, no change. Note I'm using 4kSP_Expanded if that matters. I found more mods with text or buttons affected but SM itself seems most wonky. I can't resize the window at all. It just flickers rapidly between 2 different vertical heights when I try to resize it and when moving it. 

Baseline collage with SM 0.6.0.6:

FMvNky8.png

Same collage with SM 0.6.0.8:

ck3HJmT.png

Changes circled:

TwVVPxi.png

This is most helpful.  I will see that is going on.  I've found one potential culprit in the SMAddon class.  I'll take another pass with this new information.

• 7 months later...

I have a weird thing that sometimes happens. Not often, but occasionally, when I am using SM to transfer crew from one part to another, they will just disappear.

Like, 5 crew on the ship, move one kerbal from part a to part b, and suddenly there are only 4 crew on the ship. Is there something I might be doing wrong to cause this?

13 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

I have a weird thing that sometimes happens. Not often, but occasionally, when I am using SM to transfer crew from one part to another, they will just disappear.

Like, 5 crew on the ship, move one kerbal from part a to part b, and suddenly there are only 4 crew on the ship. Is there something I might be doing wrong to cause this?

Yes, it is a known issue.  since it is sporadic, it has been harder to locate.  not forgotten.

Just now, Papa_Joe said:

Yes, it is a known issue.  since it is sporadic, it has been harder to locate.  not forgotten.

Got it. Thanks! (I thought I might have a specific problem on my end)

Bugs that rarely and seemingly randomly occur are the hardest to troubleshoot. XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.